TNG newbie + blogger

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by mrsmica, Jan 10, 2011.

1. mrsmica

mrsmica Ensign Red Shirt

My uncle is letting us borrow his complete TNG collection, and I've already started watching it with my parents (who have seen it all before, naturally). Before that I had only seen a few random episodes as reruns on TV. I'd seen enough to know most of the characters' names, but I really didn't remember much else, and I'm sure there was a lot lost on me the first time around because I was so young. I remember Data having some sort of evil twin and "Ugly Bags of Mostly Water". I'm really excited about watching the whole thing chronologically!

So excited, in fact, that I'm also blogging about it. (waking dreams blog @blogspot dot com) This is the biggest non-fiction project I've ever taken on, and I feel like a Star Trek newb because I also have yet to see Deep Space Nine in its entirety, so... Any comments/critism on the blog will of course be appreciated!

And obviously, I joined the forum to meet other fans, so hello!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Welcome, mrsmica! You've got an awful lot of superb and highly entertaining television ahead of you - I'm almost envious I can't watch TNG afresh once more!

3. mrsmica

mrsmica Ensign Red Shirt

thanks! I really enjoyed the opening two episodes. They erased any worry I had that I wouldn't like the series. I mean, Data's in it! ;)

4. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The link you posted didn't work. The forum doesn't allow you to post links as a newbie so maybe you could type it in such a way that we'd figure out the address?

And "welcome!" :)

5. mrsmica

mrsmica Ensign Red Shirt

Oh dear! Thanks for letting me know. It had looked right when I previewed my post. If you google "waking dreams blog" mine should be the first result. It's hosted at blogspot

6. drazzz52923849

drazzz52923849 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I started the show for the first time in April of 2010 and never looked back. Shame i had to miss about 17 episodes in season 4 and 23 in season 5.

7. mrsmica

mrsmica Ensign Red Shirt

any plans to see the episodes you missed? That's nothing to sneeze at!

what sort of podcasting are you involved in?

8. mrsmica

mrsmica Ensign Red Shirt

Update: I'm up to Code of Honor on my blog. I know that's a controversial episode. My uncle hated it, haha

9. drazzz52923849

I am trying to scrape together some money to see the seasons i missed. As for my sig, that is the nickname for me on a show i frequently call into called Vomitus Prime.

10. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm enjoying your blog. Please keep it up. :bolian:

11. mrsmica

mrsmica Ensign Red Shirt

drazz - I hear ya. When I re-watched most of the original series recently, it was for free on hulu. We own very few TV series because they are so expensive.

MikeS - wow, thanks! I really like TNG and am flattered that you and others from facebook of all places are telling me that you're reading and enjoying them.

12. NX-01

NX-01 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

If your anything like me after watching the 7 series back to back you'll craving more Star trek to watch. I am going though all the series. I am just about finished Enterprise, next is TOS then TNG then DS9 then Voyager. I am really excited about it. I think I am actually addicted!! Is there a Star Trek Anonymous? lol

Anyways....Enjoy the series!!!! I'd strongly reconmend watching more of DS9 it you get the chance.

13. mrsmica

mrsmica Ensign Red Shirt

I'd like to watch that next! I've only seen a few random episodes. I don't know how I'll get ahold of the series, though. Maybe we'll rent them on Netflix...

I remember watching all of Voyager and most of Enterprise. So, once I've seen DS9 I'll have seen most of Star Trek at least once.

14. NX-01

NX-01 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

DS9 is my personal favourite. I love it, I think it's probably due to the charactors. And it I like that it's a Cardassian Station rather than Star fleet....it seems edgier.

15. mrsmica

mrsmica Ensign Red Shirt

I'm really looking forward to it, too. I asked my husband if he wanted to watch DS9 after TNG and he spoke enthusiastically for 45 minutes about how its his favorite Star Trek show. I take that as a yes :)

16. drazzz52923849

Personally I dont really like DS9. I think Voyager is really awesome.

17. mrsmica

mrsmica Ensign Red Shirt

I must withhold judgement until I see DS9 for myself :)