TOS Still The Best

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Pubert, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

Way better than NuTrek.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can you give us some reasons why its better?

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

NuTrek and TOS are both top of the pile, IMO.

TOS is way better than TNG and DS9.

4. Dude111

Dude111 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yes I agree.......... Im grateful to have them all in thier ORIGINAL formats!! (All except the Pilot episode (I do wanna get that one also if I can find a GOOD copy of it))

5. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I love TOS, tough for anything to replace what it meant to this youngster. But, I like the Abrams films. They make me feel like a kid again.

Both are decidedly better than the vast majority of the spinoffs.

6. Dude111

Dude111 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Usually THE FIRST OF ANYTHING is the best (@ least in the 80s and before)

The original LAND OF THE LOST was EXCELLENT...... The remake in the 90s was pure crap!!

7. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't say TOS is the best but some episodes do shine, even after all these years.

TNG is still my favorite series though.

*Runs from thread*

8. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

For me, both TOS and TNG are the best.:bolian:

Of course, I'm also partial to DS9. The rest.....well......they exist, and that's fine.

9. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

Yes, it is.

You edited your post because it was too long? Some length might have been useful.

I could pull out my quote of the day, "You have a gift for understatment,..."

I try to be careful when I say any thing about those 2 movies, just because they don't appeal to me in any way at all doesn't mean some of the people here didn't like them, so tact is my priority. If were to attempt more detail, I might say something I regret.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  10. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mondays and Wednesdays on BBC1 in the 70s were a great time for some of us Trek fans! I think TOS was very scary back then with white eyes, savage monsters in captivity, bumhead alien zoo keepers and fight to the death with Reptillian warrior episodes! Then again Lights of Zetar was pretty creepy too! I remember I used to record the soundtracks in 79 and listen to one every morning before trundling off to school! Happy times!
    JB

11. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Way way better, in fact all the series Treks are better than both sorry nuTreks.

TOS leads TNG, but TNG is in solid second place over all, DS9 is tied with Enterprise as least among the series.

:)

12. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

TOS is by far and away my favourite Star Trek. That's what I grew up with. I am one who also enjoys the nuTrek as well, though, and am looking forward to the new film. I'd love to see Trek of some sort come back on TV.

13. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

That guy in your avatar! Leaping into frame, stunning Gary Seven like THE hero!

14. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, sure, his shirt's GONNA be green, with a big phaser stun effect coloring it!

On topic, I prefer TOS, but the word "best" is so broad.

15. Pubert

Pubert Vice Admiral Admiral

Well by best i mean engaging stories. I wasn't engaged by .nutrek's stories at all. The characterization of Spock alone ruined the movies. Instead of a strong intellectual Vulcan the .nuSpock is a love sick angry child. It's just so disappointing that abrams could get Spock right.

16. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I'm a TOS/DS9 person, in that the two frequently top my favorite series list. They fight it out, though TOS usually wins by a slim margin.

As for the new Star Trek movies, I consider them on the level of TOS. The same spirit is there, and all the fun, too.

17. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

I'm a TOS fan first and foremost, with TNG being my second favorite Trek series. The worst episode of Voyager is still better than most of the garbage that is on TV today.

18. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Ooh, I don't know. I mean, yeah, there are some bad shows out there, but there were episodes of Voyager I just couldn't finish. :lol:

19. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Even Vulcans grow and change. We actually see Spock grow colder during TOS and attempt Kolinahr during TMP. Abramsverse Spock is about ten years younger than TOS Spock. At about the same point in time as "The Cage" Spock. The Spock that smiled when grabbing a weird vibrating plant and screamed "The WOMEN!!!", when Number One and Yeoman Colt were grabbed off the transporter pad by the Talosians.

I'm not one-hundred percent on board with how they handled the character (though I mostly like it), but I don't think he should just be a carbon copy of TOS Spock.

20. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Agreed. It would be absurd to expect Spock to be exactly the same in an alternate universe where his mother was murdered, and his home planet destroyed. That's the kind of reset button bullshit that perpetuated much of later Trek. So many things were conveniently forgotten just so everything stayed the same.