Manti Te'o Makes Up Dead Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Starbreaker, Jan 16, 2013.

1. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I could care less what you regret.

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

HA!

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Regrets? Manti's had a few.

But then again, too many to mention.

4. tighr

And now, the end is near. As long as he's done it his way.

5. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

And now we have a story about her faking her death to hide from drug dealers. Comes from another "source" close to the Te'o family as reported in the Honolulu Advertiser.

Well, thats it. I quit. I'm lost at this point.

6. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Dear anyone who keeps going, "Why does anyone care about this story, what is even interesting or funny about it?" Here is your answer.

A nationally famous college football player claims to have received a phone call from his dead fake girlfriend saying that she faked her fake death to protect her fake self from drug dealers.

I hope this never stops being the gift that keeps on giving.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  7. tighr

Some of the talk radio shows have been implying that the only valid reason for this is that Te'o is gay, and that this was his way of pretending to have a girlfriend.

I absolutely don't believe this, and also think it is wrong to even imply this.

It makes much more sense to say he's just your average dumb 21 year old, who does dumb 21 year old things.

8. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

or he's your average dumb 21 year old gay guy

9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Holy shit, that ESPN interview is amazing. Te'o claims that he didn't realize he was a victim of a hoax until 2 days ago ... but reported the hoax to Notre Dame officials on the 26th of December ... a hoax that he apparently learned about on the 6th of December.

Either this guy is a sociopath with no moral compass whatsoever, or he is dumber than Forrest Gump. I mean, he has just done so much that is wrong and stupid here that there is no fucking way I can take anything he says or does seriously.

10. boobatuba

boobatuba Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since he's said on multiple occasions that he met her in person, why would anyone believe anything else he says now?

My problem with this story is how many people are still "giving him the benefit of the doubt." HE SAID HE MET HER. After the Stanford game in 2009. His father says she traveled to Hawaii "every once in a while" in 2010-2011 and now Manti Te'o says he "tailored his stories" to his father.

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

11. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I find it not surprising at all for someone to lie in various ways about an online girlfriend. Online dating is still looked down on by a lot of people, especially young guys who will find just about any reason to poke fun or rip on their peers. Covering up embarrassment with badly thought out lies seems perfectly plausible in this case, and far less confusing than all of these other conspiracy theories.

Also, I find my ability to give a shit is severely lacking.