TBBS Fanfic Recommendations

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Naraht, Apr 18, 2005.

1. StarTrek777

StarTrek777 Cadet Newbie

The fanfic that is absolutely at the top of my list right now is called, "Brothers in Arms" (seriously, it’s one of the best written fanfics I’ve ever read). I recommended it to Nathan over in another thread, and I highly recommend that you guys read it too.

Its' a triumvirate/friendship fic centered on Spock, McCoy, and Jim, and everyone is in character. (I wouldn't read it otherwise) and its' got all the ingredients I look for in a good story; angst, drama, action, great plot, resolution, hurt/comfort (but not fluffy or sappy.) and some intense scenes.

Seriously, I love this story, and its' completed, so you don't have to wait on chapters to be posted. (Yay! That was a relief for me.)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9781439/1/Brothers-in-Arms

2. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Supermax was great but it stopped posting new stuff quite a few years ago...

3. Mistral

The Border Dogs were actually the creation of The Lone Red Shirt-check out his stuff. Amazing. Could be the next TV series if anyone took it seriously enough.

4. Mistral

5. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Which would be absolutely amazing to see!

:bolian: :bolian: :bolian:

6. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

Bry_Sinclair's fanfiction, Darkest Before Dawn, is a great bit of writing. It's his take on an eighth season of Deep Space Nine, where several original characters meet up with the cast that remains after the end of What You Leave Behind.

7. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Not to dampen your enthusiasm but this thread is for recommendation of fan fic that's not posted in this forum but on other sites.

8. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

Sorry about that.

9. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Has that changed over time?

I ask because the opening thread by Naraht from back in 2005 says: People have said that it's very difficult, with so many stories having been posted in the Fanfic Forum, to know which ones are worth the time to read. This thread will hopefully provide a way for readers to recommend good stories that they have read here.

That would seem to suggest stories posted to our own Fanfic Forum are eligible for mention in this thread. :)

10. Count Zero

The vast majority of mentions are from other sites, though. So, yeah, I think it has changed in practice. The TrekBBS stories that were posted over the course of this thread were older ones which were hard to find at the time. That was when this forum was still exempt from pruning. They're now dead links for the most part. In any case, recommending a story that's new and still on the front page of the forum seems a little superfluous. So perhaps limit it to stories that are complete and not on the front page anymore? (A link to another site would be good, though, if it exists because in here, everything will vanish at one point).

I hope I didn't make Dingo feel bad. :)

ETA: Also, whoa. This thread is slightly older than my tenure on this board.

11. RevdKathy

RevdKathy How scared are you? Moderator

Just a little older. ;)

12. Mistral

ok-great stories on another site. I suggest SL WATSON, THE LONE REDSHIRT, GIBRALTAR, Lil Black Dog-and me. Mistral. Cause I have no shame.

StaleWaffle likes this.
  13. Count Zero

Well, links would be good. ;)

14. Mistral

SLWalker likes this.
  15. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Someone may have posted this before in the last 11 years, but I enjoyed the Unity series by SFDebris, it is a Star Wars/Trek Crossover that happens around season 5 of Voyager, and during or shortly before ROTJ for Star Wars IIRC

http://unitysaga.com/

16. Papermoon

Papermoon Lieutenant Red Shirt

17. Idran

Idran Commodore Commodore

Maybe a weird request: does anyone have any recommendations for modern Novelverse fic? I know lvsxy808's DS9 Relaunch series, but other than that I've never happened across any.

18. queerTrekker

queerTrekker Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

19. queerTrekker

queerTrekker Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

20. Voth commando1

Voth commando1 Commodore Commodore

In a sub-sub atomic universe with kittens
    Anyone know of good Julian/Jadzia fanfictions?