Chevy Chase says doing Community show was a "Big Mistake"

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dream, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And even without the sitcom, she's getting so much favorable attention from fans and other actors/actresses. She seems quite thankful and positive for this resurgence, which happened just a few years ago and she's been nurturing it very well ever since. That's opened a lot of doors for her, and rightly so.

Chevy should take notes.

2. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've loved Betty White forever. I think it's her openly fun personality that helps.

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Betty White is 90? Wow. She looks pretty good for her age!

Ew! No, not like that.

I mean she just doesn't look like she's 90 and she seems like she's in remarkably good health and active compared to most nonagenarians, even celebrity ones.

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Fletch and Three Amigos have their moments.

5. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I found him very believable as an evil, egotistical asshole on Chuck. Ooh and Scott Bakula got to punch him in the face!

6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

So, he already had am extremely low (and ridiculous, considering some of the things he's done which are not much different in style or were much worse in execution) opinion of sitcoms --of which Community is hardly a conventional example, already knew about the work ethic required to do them, and based solely on the strength of the character in the pilot and the desire for a steady paycheck, he used his star power to get on the show in a different way then everyone else and proceeded to make things difficult for the showrunners and cast (whom he allegedly admires while simultaneously dissing them) from day one. What a cockbag.

He knew there would be long hours, so why pursue it? If you're concerned about having a steady paycheck, then bite your fucking tongue and go with the program. It's hard work but it's not like you're standing over a hot stove all day for minimum wage. Be grateful for what you have.

If you think the entire sitcom genre is a wasteland, then why get involved at all? Because you liked the character in the pilot? He seriously didn't consider the implications of that character continuing beyond the first episode? Obviously he did because he wanted the steady paycheck, so again, bite your fucking tongue and do your job, you hypocritical asshole. Really, what's so much more objectionable about the format and execution of sitcoms than variety/sketch shows like SNL, talk shows like his horrid late night show, or comedy movies?

If he liked the cast so much, he wouldn't constantly walk off the set and delay filming like a prima donna, he wouldn't be badmouthing them or their livelihood in public, and he wouldn't put them in the awkward position of having to take sides or remain neutral between him and the showrunners in public statements.

7. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Having just finished a full watch of S1 on DVD, this is a bit of a gut punch to me. :|

Similar to what other have said, I went in not quite knowing what to expect and was underwhelmed by the first few episodes. The show definitely snowballs though, and I was greatly enjoying it by the end of the season!

Was planning to order S2 along with Avengers from Target until stupid Target sold out...

8. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Would there be something wrong with it if you were attracted to her "that way"?

Elderly women like sex, too, you know.

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

This thread is hilarious.

Actor says: I think sitcoms are the lowest form of television (which isn't that far fetched actually).

Average TrekBBS member go: Fuck you, asshole! He has always been an asshole. Blablabla.

You actually realize he will never read this rant? :)

And if he did, you would need to get an infraction for flaming or something, lol.

10. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

She is so much fun to watch in Hot in Cleveland. :)

As Rose she had a line in Golden Girls, when the girls were talking about taking care of each other in their old age, that seems almost prophetic in a sad way now: "What if only one of us is left?" :(

11. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

By the same token, none of the celebrities we praise are reading it either. So I guess there is no point to this board whatsoever and we should shut it all down. ;)

12. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

Make it no. America needs this vent-a-thon.:borg:

13. Locutus of Bored

Yes, I do, hence the repeated use of the third person "He" before transitioning into a general "you" and "you're" directed at comments on the behavior rather than the man himself and said for the purpose of talking to the other posters about the situation. But you already knew that, and were just trying to be rude because of your weird obsession with protecting celebrities from comments they'll never see by your own admission.

Whereas your almost always useless and hostile posts just slide right by. LOL.

In other news of pointless things you've said, how's your quest to protect the rights of long dead 19th and early 20th century historical figures from having exaggerated or completely fictionalized accounts of their lives coming? I hope it doesn't interrupt Sir Arthur Conan Doyle: Dinosaur Slayer.

14. JarodRussell

Mhmm, good to know you have some personal grudge against me.

You are the moderator, do something about it then if it's legitimate.

My QUEST that consisted of one post where I said I "kinda dislike" it, followed by an observation, followed by a clearly tongue in cheek post? Yeah, I'm obsessed with it.

15. Locutus of Bored

Don't flatter yourself. I don't even think about you except when you say something dumb or rude. That's frequent enough for me.

Did you think you would just come in, make a condescending post that basically renders the entire point of message boards moot and not get a negative response in return? Quit playing the victim.

ETA: I'm not a moderator in this forum, so I couldn't "do anything" about it even if I wanted to, which I don't. I'd rather just tell you what I think and hope it makes a dent than do anything mod-wise.

16. JarodRussell

Well I think you clearly need to calm down a bit.

17. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

A did not lead to B, in this instance.

They aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, but the two facts can exist independently. But one would only need to read some of the things Chevy has done and said about his experiences on Community to know that he isn't exactly a team player.

Did you know that he films a lot of his scenes on different days from the rest of the cast, on his own "schedule"? They are able to mask this with clever editing, but the fact is that he doesn't always share the screen with his coworkers. Not sure what a curmudgeonly 70 year old man has going on that's more important than his job, but he certainly likes to punch the clock and do the bare minimum for the Pierce role.

And yes, I'm fully aware you were being a troll.

18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I would so watch that show . . .

19. JarodRussell

All I'm saying is that it's pretty silly to make such harsh opinions about someone based on hearsay and gossip. Calling him asshole and writing emotional rants about his alleged behavior makes you feel better somehow about yourselves, I get that. And no, I'm not going to stop to point that out, ever. Especially since it doesn't matter if it's about a celebrity or not. It could be a thread about 'My coworker is such a dick.' and everyone chimes in 'Yeah, what an asshole.'
    And no, I also won't stop pointing out the hypocrisy every time it comes up. Never forget the Chase Masterson thread, that was a hilarious debacle. It was all fun and games and nobody felt obliged NOT to be rude, until she actually showed up. That's a double standard, and you all know it. Stop being rude in front and behind people. You are actually accusing ME of being rudeand of trolling?! Look in the mirror. We have that behavior all over these message boards. 'William Shatner is an arrogant prick, because I heard so.' It's disgusting trash talk from people who are not involved AT ALl that's what it is.

20. Rowdy Roddy McDowall

Rowdy Roddy McDowall Commodore Rear Admiral

Though in Madonna's case, it's probably all true. Especially if she shows up.