American Horror Story: Asylum (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Starbreaker, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

This is a very weird show.:techman::techman:

2. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

And I'm loving it! Bizarre and scarry and creepy and all that. lol :rofl:

3. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, yeah, I saw that. I was playing.

4. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Great opening to the season. I love this because there is nothing else like it on television.

Also, I agree with previous posters that American Horror doesn't have to mean ghosts each season--I am totally happy with weird alien abductions. ???a sentence I never thought I would say???

5. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Just discovered this show recently. Loving it.

6. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ You should go back to watch season 1. Same actors, different circumstances. Just as messed up. :)

7. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I was discussing the premiere with someone at work today, and had a few random thoughts.

So it looks like the alien abduction was real, and the boy was innocent. So is he being tortured into becoming Bloody Face? We see the killer at the end of the episode confronting the girl in the current timeline, but our boy would be in his 70's now...so who was that?

Jessica Lange....she can bring it for an old lady! She's 63. Does that make her a GILF?

;)

Who/what is outside in the woods?

What will happen to our reporter? I imagine it won't be good...

:lol:

God, I love this show.

:techman:

8. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

It's on tonight. I'll be watching.

9. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

From the previews I've read in EW Magazine, the show will be featuring alien(s) (definitely not hallucinations), mutant experiments, a serial killer named Bloody Face, a Nazi doctor (we all know who that is), and "Reavers" among other things. Looking forward to tonight's episode with Zachary Quinto.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  10. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Im thinking that thing the nun was feeding is that creature attacking that girl in our timeframe?

11. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

As good as I felt last years show was this one dwarfs it at this point. I love the claustrophobic shooting style and the character revelations are great. Devil in the house!

12. kolibri

kolibri Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Nooo Clea!

This season actually scares me. So that's a good thing. The electroshock therapy scene was intense.

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Any one else flinching every time they say "Kit Walker" because you're wondering if this kid is the Phantom?

Y'know... Lord of the jungle, the hero who stalks, the beasts call him brother the ghost who walks.

14. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

The only thing that annoys me about this show is the present day scenes. They really seem to have no purpose at this point. I do hope they lead somewhere.

15. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I'm starting to wonder if the "little creatures" in the forest are actually the aliens.

16. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

From what I've read, the carnivorous creatures (there's more than one) in the woods are not the aliens. These are possibly "Reavers" that will be revealed later, mutant experiments of Dr. Arden. The serial killer that came to be known as Bloody Face (for which Kit is mistaken) is a different entity; perhaps he is one of the mutant experiments, but certainly an extraterrestial doesn't need a knife to murder people.

It was great to get a glimpse of Sister Jude's shameful past as revealed by the demon-possessed guy. It made me wonder how Jessica Lange's character underwent the transformation from being a drunken tramp who accidentally killed a little girl to being a rigid and morally conservative nun in a leadership position.

Zachary Quinto's Dr. Thredson, the court-appointed psychiatrist assigned to Kit, appears to be a man of high ethics and is more sympathetic toward the patients at the asylum. "This is 1964! You still perform exorcism?" "Electro-shocked therapy should no longer be used to treat homosexuality. It should be behavioral modification!" :lol:

Dr. Arden is just a scumbag weirdo. :lol: Hiring a hooker for a dinner date and having her dressed up in a nun outfit? And what's with the pictures of bound and gagged women? Could he be Bloody Face? He surely has a thing for Sister Mary Eunice, and the devil may have possessed her.

Awesome episode!

17. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

I feel like Dr Arden being Bloody Face is too obvious. All his actions and mannerisms scream serial killer, but I think that's to throw us off. Right now, my bet is that Bloody Face is the Monsignor, and Arden is his assistant.

18. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Some more crazy stuff in episode 2. James Cromwell is awesome in this role. His nun-obsession is seriously creepy.

So many things going on right now, it's too early to know how they're all connected. I just hope they do a good job tying it all together during the season.

19. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

Is it though? I'd have thought it's a fairly common fantasy.

20. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

^^Not if you ever attended Catholic school.. *shudder*