USS Voyager Revell model with custom lighting

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by secretreeve, Mar 26, 2013.

1. secretreeve

secretreeve Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

2. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

Very cool build, my only minor gripes are :the lights on top of the saucer are rather large and stick out, and the window lights are way too bright, I can Imagine the crew squinting all over inside her...but still, a great model, way better than I could do..

3. Psion

Psion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know, I've had the same complaint about some other builds. Steve Neil, for example, who is a professional model builder with experience dealing with movie and television studios, frequently turns in projects with what I'd consider to be over-bright lights. He explains that his cameras tend to over-expose, rendering his lighting effects much brighter than they are in person.

It's possible that secretreeve's Voyager doesn't look so bright in real life.

4. secretreeve

secretreeve Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

nah they're pretty "in scale" as far as brightness goes.

can't disagree with the size of the leds though, if i ever do another one i'll be using fiber optics instead.

5. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

digital cameras don't handle dark and very bright at the same time well.

6. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yeah, unless you can actually pull off a composite image like they do when filming lit miniatures there's no way you are going to be able to film it accurately.