TV pilot season begins...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Temis the Vorta, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, the guy who plays Time Bomb is also in Moving Wallpaper which is airing right about now, so they'd hardly want to saturate us with his coolness?

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Moving Wallpaper started last night. I thought it was a good start to the new series.

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Premium cable continues to be the mainstay for historical fiction: HBO Tackles the Borgias.

I'm glad to see a not-overexposed period of history as a topic for a series. Can't say the Borgias particularly interest me, though.

Oh who knows, if they cast some fun folks, I might just tune in. Okay what good could-pass-for-Italian actors are there? This sounds just about perfect for Angelica Huston. And when Ian McShane's Kings flops hard, they can snap him up, too. Life on Mars won't get another season, so that frees up Harvey Keitel. Talk about an actor who was born to play a Borgia. And all those Sopranos vets. And Zeljko Ivanek, currently being wasted on Heroes.

4. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

some ratings news for you.

5. Bob The Skutter

Damn, that's worse than last series isn't it?

6. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

not sure about S1, but what you might find difficult to believe it that Moving Wallpaper was the lowest point of ITVs night.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a148216/moving-wallpaper-finishes-last-in-slot.html

7. Bob The Skutter

I still don't understand why they didn't move it to ITV2, they seem to like putting comedy shows on ITV2.

8. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

ratings would have been no better on ITV 2, however a repeat on ITV 2 wouldnt hurt

9. Bob The Skutter

No, even ratings close to that would be huge for ITV2, and expectations wouldn't be so high.

10. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

but are those rating as high as they are simply because they are on ITV 1, BBC shows are the same and get a much bigger ratings boost from it.

Move a show to BBC 3, or ITV 2, and ratings drop simply because its not on the main channel anymore.

11. Bob The Skutter

True, but even half of that will still be big ratings for a digital channel.

12. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

that is true as well

they probaly should have put Al Murray's Multiple Personality Disorder on ITV 2, he certianly isnt the face of ITV comedy, like im guessing ITV was hoping he was.

13. Bob The Skutter

^I didn't even make it through the episode.

14. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I didnt even bother, was watching 30 Rock after Moving Wallpaper

15. jongredic

jongredic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The first half was abysmal, it has to be said. The second half was a vast improvement, so I'll give the next episode a try, but it'll have to do something quite special to make me relegate Not Going Out to a bad VHS recording again :p

16. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

A woman cutting her t-shirt off to reveal her breasts? Okay. :rolleyes: Be my guest--PM the image to TBonz, and if she tells you that you can put it back in, go right ahead. :) But drop it in this thread.

I didn't realize this was from Kevin Williamson! I admit, I was a big Dawson's Creek fan, and I also enjoyed Wasteland, his series about people in their 20s that only lasted for like 5 or 6 episodes, back when that was on. And I loved Glory Days, which only had half a season as well. I didn't check out Hidden Palms or whatever his last CW series was, but I might check this one out.

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kevin Williamson was JJ Abrams before JJ Abrams was.

18. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Lets see which of these I might be remotely interested in:

Fox - Masterwork. Vague enough to have no idea what it's about. If it makes it, maybe the finished product will be OK. For some reason, the Station looks kinda interesting in a morbid way.

CBS - In theory, half these shows could be good. The problem is they're basically the same thing.

NBC - Day One could be worth a shot. Legally Mad looks like DEK getting more and more eccentric.

ABC - I don't know anything about Updike's book, so I can't comment on whether or not I'd like it. Same with Flash Forward. What's with ABC basing shows on books?

Yeah, not much.