A Terminator Departure? (Potential Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Mar 23, 2009.

1. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Bit of news from TVGuide.

Looks like Uncle Derek may be the death at the end of the season, or is preparing incase the show in cancelled, or both.

2. witchie

witchie Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't miss him. I think the show lost a lot of its focus when he was made a regular. That said, he could do both. He isn't in every episode. He could disappear and return.

3. zephramc

zephramc Commodore Commodore

Bummer :(

BAG really made a good edition to Terminator.

4. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

5. Piper

Piper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree with Witchie, it would be no great loss.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sometimes I can anticipate the shape of things to come with complete certainty. Certainty doesn't mean accuracy of course, but it's been a long time since I believed in the slightest that the terminator would be receiving a third season.

IN contrast however, there had to be something that started last year which wasn't going to be canceled with zeal. Honestly, it's just dead stops and abortions littering my dvr library.

It's quite sad.

7. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    He is the only decent character on the show. He needs to abandon that sinking ship at his earliest opportunity.

Something is wrong when Sarah and John Connor are the least interesting characters on a Terminator series.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

show wise I can see him dying because there can't be two Dereks when Judgement day happens. Sarah too.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Um, Smallville and Superman returns or The Batman and The dark Knight.

Meanwhile Cushing Doctor who movies came out at the same time as regular Who was on back in the 60s, and you still got 5 through 8 still producing full cast Audio adventures while 9 through 10 and incumbent 11 arestaring in that dinky little TV.

10. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Zap2it is saying that BAG's casting in the CW show will be second priority to T:SCC. If T:SCC gets a third season. He is not leaving T:SCC, if it's picked up again.

11. DeadmeatDiggory

DeadmeatDiggory Commander Red Shirt

I think we're going to find after the Release of T4 (unless Summer Glau makes a cameo) that TSCC isn't long for this world. Lets face it, its a show produced by an industry that thinks we're too stupid to tell the difference between a Tv Superman and a Movie Superman, and thus "No Flights, No Tights!". So therefore the idea of two Timelines seperate from each other, but each a part of the same story, would make most people's mind blow up.

Hell, I had to explain that TSCC was set between T2 and T3, that Sarah Connor would get Cancer and die, and John Connor would end up living Off the Grid by the series end before my Aunt would sit down and watch a single episode.

But that being said, I have liked BAG on this show, and I would be sorry to see him go.

12. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Bummer. First Charlie, now Derek. They only need to get rid of Cameron and then all my favourite character will have gone.

13. bryce

bryce Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've always thought that T:TSCC was in a parallel/alternate timeline to T3...

(But try explaining *that* to the average glass teat sucking couch spud...)

14. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

In the TSCC timeline T3 doesnt happen.

Wouldnt be bothered if Derek left, so long as Cameron is still there, I'll watch it.

15. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

It would suck if Derek got killed off

16. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Given that T3 was a load of drek, that's probably a good thing

17. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

Derek Reese must die, as his brother did

18. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

This may need quoting. There is no evidence BAG is leaving TSCC; the actor would outright be lying if his character is dead by "Born to run", the closing episode of S2 of TSCC (which BAG absolutely does not need to leave, he is getting more kudos as an actor than ever before, his character is great). Not that this is impossible, as Leven Rambin also was a bit misleading in what she said before Riley's death was shown, but it would go a bit far to claim "TSCC is my first priority if it gets a third season" if he knows his character is gone.

TSCC viewing numbers are on the rise again and its recent 2-parter got quite some critical acclaim (and is liked a lot by the fans), so it's not over yet. FOX is expected to decide by may, and WB still wants to keep TSCC on the air.

19. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

I actually enjoyed T3. Not the greatest film ever by any stretch of the imagination, or indeed, the best film in the Terminator franchise, but enjoyable enough to waste an evening at the cinema on without complaint.

20. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

I think T3 would have been better if they had more time to polish it up in post