STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FAQ

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Word of advice, there's a reason why we've never queued "Unload Surplus Fleet Marks". It gives a really crappy amount of Fleet Credits so you end up wasting a lot of Fleet Marks for reduced rewards. Instead, please constantly run "Coordinate Colonization Efforts" the project if you want to dump fleet marks.

2. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Thanks for the advise, I never realized! Very much appreciated. I continue to brush up on things so thanks for bearing with me.

3. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

For those of us in the US...

Happy Thanksgiving!

LeadHead likes this.
  4. naWarlock

naWarlock Ensign Newbie

Thanks! Im still around as well. My character name is Caffrey. If you need any help let me know.

T J likes this.
  5. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Hello my fellow fleet mates. Ans now for your TrekBBS update. Today I started recruiting not only publicly but activly and so far the results are good. The fleet is busier than it has been in a while. With the exception of one crazy person and a would be thief. I just played some task force missions with new and old players in the fleet. We had mixed results but had fun. We had not played with other people for a bit so we had to relearn ho to get going. I want to encourage communication and coordination. If we help each other we will only get better. If any of you know someone needing a new feet home start bragging... because we deserve to, we have a great fleet!

6. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Back in the day, we had restrictions for new recruits to access stuff in the bank. Only board members got full member status to avoid unknowns clearing us out.
    Also only board members could become Adjutants.
    I recommend keeping that structure.
    Since everyone in the game is a Trekkie if some kind, you can encourage new fleet members to join here. If they are active here they can get full member status in the fleet quickly.

Gets the community here going as well.

Just my two cents as former fleet leader. :)

7. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Well hello there Timelord, so nice to hear from you. Thanks so much for dropping in to lend some advise. Intrinsical has been giving great hints to me as well and I hope to work more with him going forward. All is well and nothing of great value was lost. The was a bit if an oversight but was taken care of.

I'll take your advise to heart and wish you well. I want to thank you for putting a fleet structure in place that has stood the test of time. Drop in for further updates if you are able.

Live long and prosper my friend.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  8. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Most importantly never give anyone you don’t 100% trust powers to promote or kick powers
    Worst case they throw you out while you are away and miss your veto option. Next thing you know they hijacked the fleet and gone is the work of years.

9. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Great advise as always. That would be disastrous!

10. naWarlock

naWarlock Ensign Newbie

Can I get an invite to the fleet? I seem to have been removed during my time away lol.

Caffrey@naWarlock is the format I believe

11. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

You got it naWarlock! Done. And welcome back!

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Wow, i haven't played in a while. I should make a point to get back in and check it out for a bit. With the monthly stipend, I should be a millionaire by now :)

13. naWarlock

naWarlock Ensign Newbie

Thanks TJ!

14. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Just be wise about spending that Zen. ;)

15. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

can't make me :nyah:

16. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    LeadHead likes this.
  17. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Hello all! As an FYI I have requested the mods close the current STO threads for the following reasons.

1. They are out of date and a lot has changed in the game from fleet leadership to the game itself.

2. The size of the fleet has shrunk tremendously and I just want to rally the remaining fleet members with the most current information about the game and fleet itself.

I'll be replacing the threads with at least one other for current fleet members to post and former members to request back into the fleet if they want. Moving forward if you have not logged into the game in the last month you will be removed but can be let back in by request. Previously the fleet has turned silent with members not speaking to each other but I want to encourage that we engage each other as we are our own best resource for knowledge and assistance. When you log in say hello to fleet mates and get to know each other. My hope is we be a more interactive community. After all, the goal is to have fun.

Please let me know if there are any questions before we proceed.

18. STOEmma

STOEmma Cadet Newbie

<div style="width:100%;height:0;padding-bottom:50%;position:relative;"><iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/1gTQD5ma92KhxVstkI" width="100%" height="100%" style="position:absolute" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe></div><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/CBSAllAccess-star-trek-1gTQD5ma92KhxVstkI">via GIPHY</a></p>

Just dropping in to say Hello :)

I just joined the fleet the other day and wanted to introduce myself. My character in the fleet is V'Ral, though I go by Emma in-game.

19. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Welcome to the fleet Emma! While it didn't format the way you intended, that gif is a great entrance!

20. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

As per the previous post, I’ll close this thread in a day or two..... just want to ensure it’s a bit democratic before just doing it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.