24: Day 7 8:00AM - 12:00 PM - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Jan 9, 2009.

?

Grade the episodes:

1. 8a-9a Excellent

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. 8a-9a Good

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  3. 8a-9a Average

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. 8a-9a Bad

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  5. 8a-9a Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 9a-10a Excellent

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  7. 9a-10a Good

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  8. 9a-10a Average

8 vote(s)
    19.5%
  9. 9a-10a Bad

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  10. 9a-10a Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 10a-11a Excellent

16 vote(s)
    39.0%
  12. 10a-11a Good

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  13. 10a-11a Average

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  14. 10a-11a Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. 10a-11a Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. 11a-12p Excellent

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  17. 11a-12p Good

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  18. 11a-12p Average

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  19. 11a-12p Bad

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  20. 11a-12p Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Right now, hope and change has spread across the land. The hope we wanted has changed the hope we needed for the change we hoped. We can hope this change is hopeful if not we're due for another change. Oh. and I don't work for any people anymore so no one can double cross me... right? And I've no family so they can't be trouble and I just got off a long-flight from South Africa so I'm jet lagged as hell. My name is Jack Bauer and today is the longest day of my life.

The following occurs between 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM.

Events occur in real time.

----

24 returns this Sunday! WOOO!!! There's a two-hour episode Sunday night and another two hour episode Monday night, we'll use this thread wo discuss both/all four episodes and then regular weekly episodes after that.

Until then, I guess we'll just warm up for some more bas-ass Bauer!

(Please wait until after Monday night's episode(s) to vote in the poll.)

2. Top41

Top41 Vice Admiral Moderator

So excited for its return! I gotta say, I wasn't super-excited for "Redemption," but then when I watched it I totally got back into the 24 world. I thought it was a really good way to get people psyched for the show again.

Poor Jack--yet another "longest day" ahead of him. :lol: :D

And that Bauer Pizza parody is hilarious--loved the phone ring at the end, too. :lol:

3. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I am intrigued about what has happened with Tony. The confrontation between Jack and him in the trailer is intriguing.

4. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

I just bought Seasons 2-6 at Target for $17.99 a pop. That was too good a deal to pass up! I'd have bought Season 1 as well, but I already had it. I've seen the first two seasons and most of the 6th, but I'm looking forward to taking a stroll down crazy-agent-lane pretty soon to get caught up to Season 7.

Trying to decide now whether to have a GIANT marathon of 1-6 or just a medium marathon of 3-5 to see the seasons I haven't seen before. Such a quandary! :lol:

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is just a rumor being passed around, supposedly from a 24 exec, but...

wasn't in on his fake death, but Christopher Henderson was, whatever that's supposed to mean.

It's pretty easy to point to a plot element as to why Tony didn't die. Supposedly the interrogator had pumped Christopher Henderson so full of drugs that he was fried, yet he got up like nothing had happened, took out Tony and escaped in full health. And those were the same chemicals that Tony "died" from. So that would make the interrogator CTU Mole #45.

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Surprisingly, I'm excited for this. Redemption exceeded my (admittedly low) expectations, and, hopefully, a tightly serialized arc combined with a new location and a strong cast will help me forget the mess that was season six (much in the same way season five helped me forget the mess that was seasons three-four).

Is it Sunday yet?

7. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Thanks for that, Aragorn! Rumor or not, it's fascinating!

I finally got around to buying S1, the only one I have yet to see. It's going to be interesting to compare it with where the show is now. I knwo how the general consensus seems to go, but even so... it will be fun watching and comparing it for myself.

8. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, another 4 hour super mega event?

9. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It never fails to make me laugh no matter how many times I watch it.

My conduct in the field isn't always proper.
    If I'm running late I'm takin' the chopper

10. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Where the hell is Domino's? They could license that and have the BEST AD EVAH!!!! on the cheap. They could do a product placement deal with Fox and get Keifer to do the voice.

Okay maybe the part about shooting smack is pushing it some...

11. Aragorn

FYI, Tony dies at the end of the first episode, the next episode cliffhanger is him still being alive, then he dies in the episode after that, and the following episode cliffhanger is him still being alive, and this only happens 10 more times.

12. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I loved where they said:

'He can wear a man-purse and not look gay!'

13. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Easily explained. Those 12 were his clone, his MU double, a shapeshifter, a Cylon double, Tony from the future, Tony from the past, a Prophet taking the form of Tony to try to speak to The Sisko, a Terminator double of Tony, Tony from even further in the past, Sylar from the future imiating Tony after having obtained Candace's powers, yet another Cylon double (who has hot robo-sex with the first Tony Cylon double :drool:) and Q pulling yet another adorable prank.

It's all explained here: Why 24 is science fiction.

14. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

Something tells me 24's producers have no sense of humor. Did you SEE the "Half-Hour Comedy Hour" they "produced" for FOXNews? :eek: It was almost suicide inducing whether you're a terrorist or not. THAT'S when torture goes too damn far, I tell ya!

15. jkladis

jkladis Moderator Admiral

Let's not forget the most diabolical of them all.

Tony drinking from a Sox mug!

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I must say that after the lack luster Day 6 and the one year gap between Day 6 and 7 I'm looking forward to seeing the premire (if I'm able) tomorrow night and Monday. Tony being alive and his motives are going to be interesting to watch. I liked seeing Jack sitting before a Senate Committee in Washington in the teaser trailer that aired before the writers strike. I still need to see Redemption though...my friend was planning on renting it so I might borrow it off from him if I get a chance, missed it on TV.

17. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

<--- I'm all set. :D

18. Raxor

Raxor Commander Red Shirt

Cannot wait to finally see Jack back on tv, Redemption was good. Curious at how it will play out regarding the preview fromt he redemption dvd.

24 has been away far too long, though i think the years ish break will do it good.

19. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good Lord it's been a while.

I'll watch this season. I wasn't so sure but then I saw redemption and while that didn't really do much other than set up the new season, the new trailers have been pretty good. Hopefully this season gets back up to season 5 (Or whatever season had President Logan involved in a conspiracy, which was a great season) levels. Also, Tony is back. That should be fun.

20. Aragorn

The commercials for season seven left me wondering how this could be a day of 24 like we've never seen before when they show: 1) there's a shooter on the roof, 2) the FBI has a mole, and 3) Jack Bauer gets to torture someone. :lol: