What I like about the show and what I don't

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by UmarAlFarooq, Jan 13, 2015.

?

What percent of this assessment do you agree with?

1. 0%

17.4%
  2. 33%

30.4%
  3. 66%

34.8%
  4. 100%

17.4%
  1. eyeresist

eyeresist Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, the NX-01 wasn't up against a Cube, just a small transport ship which they were upgrading as they went.

2. Kobayshi Maru

Kobayshi Maru Commodore Commodore

As has been said, these were not borg from the present, let alone from the past. These were borg from Picard's time that traveled back in time and remained in "stasis" for a hundred years, their upgrades and their abilities are from that time period. To Archer they are like the borg from the future that was created by an accidental merging of Seven's borgness and the Doctor's mobile emitter. Remember that that borg alone was able to defeat thousands of borg without much effort. he sent them into a corrosive nebula and was the only one to survive but decided to kill himself for the sake of Voyager's crew, more accurately by refusing treatment from the doctor.

3. eyeresist

^ I don't remember anything about VOY, but I think it's debatable whether the borg in FC had been in contact with the Delta quadrant borg.

4. Kobayshi Maru

Well, they were with the borg queen herself, remember? She was killed thanks to Data and those apparently survived the crash and were in suspended animation until they were revived by reckless scientists from Archer's time.

5. eyeresist

6. Kobayshi Maru

7. IronMaiden

IronMaiden Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I loved the song
    Rock And Metal for Life

8. Kobayshi Maru

I like the fact that they tried to make it more realistic than the other series.

9. ThankYouGeneR

ThankYouGeneR Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We're talking about the Enterprise series right? I liked the series immediately. I like the production value if that's what it is called. What I mean is I like the show using more current realism in the sets, filming, and make-up.

I warmed to all the characters right away, though it took me awhile to warm to a couple of the actor's playing them.

I had problems with the captain being somewhat different in mindset at first because I had for decades been use to series captained by people with a Starfleet schooling and mindset. Once I internalized the captain would of course be in the first wave of leaders that were struggling to even find the Starfleet mindset, you know, since it wasn't yet set in place, I adapted.

As in each of the series that came before I found episodes I favored, a few I didn't care for, and a number of them that were outstanding to me in story and portrayal.

I did not like, enjoy, or stick around for the Xendi arc as it aired. It wasn't my cup of tea. Nor are forefront arcs in general that do not have singular episodes that have what I think of as a beginning, middle, resolution to a single episode issue.

I do not like "To be continued" episodes.

When I came back to re-watch Enterprise on DVD "To be continued" lost its impact because I could then just immediately watch the "Last time on Enterprise" episode and I adapted, finding Enterprise to be interesting, sometimes brilliant, once in a while skip-able. You know, normal.

Several of the characters and episodes have joined the ranks of some of my favorites in Trek.

10. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

I could have done without the spaghetti monster in Vox Sola.

11. eyeresist

Vox Sola was okay in a seen-it-before way. Unfortunately the creature in close-up looked nothing like the CGI creature in long shot (and those long shots were very rare).

12. Goji

Goji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The one-two punch of awfulness that is "Unexpected" (in which unwanted pregnancy is hilarious and T'Pol is a jerk for no reason) and "Terra Nova" (in which we find the galaxy's most annoying guest stars and cover them in mud for an hour) is the roughest part of getting into Enterprise, though at least it's not quite as bad as "Code of Honor" followed by "The Last Outpost". I was definitely starting to feel worried before I got to "The Andorian Incident" when I went to rewatch the show. Jeffrey Combs to the rescue!

13. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

"Terra Nova" was awful. Cavemen with machine-guns? Oh, come on!

14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Your negatives are wrong.

15. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

About 21.38% (rough estimate).

16. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

The genetically enhanced Sulibans were cool but the temporal cold war shtick was just stupid.

17. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What I liked:
    -The uniforms
    -NX-01 (Not what I would've done, but still it wasn't a bad looking ship)
    -Shuttle pods
    -MACOs
    -Seasons 3 & 4
    -Season 3 & 4 Archer
    -Trip. I thought he was the best developed character. That doesn't mean he was my favorite character-not sure I have a favorite character-just that I thought his arc was the best developed.
    -Rest of crew. I don't think they were developed enough, but they were a decent, likeable enough bunch, especially in hindsight.
    -Production values
    -Andorians
    -Section 31

What I didn't like:
    -Season 1 & 2 Archer
    -Temporal Cold War
    -"These Are the Voyages"
    -Trip/T'Pol's kid. I thought that was way too convoluted
    -Klingons. I think they introduced the Klingons way too early. I wish they had kept them for TOS, or at the most introduced them very late in Enterprise's run
    -Cancellation. I wish we had gotten a Season 5 and a Romulan War.

What I'm iffy on:
    -Theme song

18. kirkfan

kirkfan Commodore

No, not the uniforms. They look like they're working at a gas station for Pete's sake!

19. starfan97

starfan97 Ensign Newbie

I liked how Enterprise gave us the feeling that it was all new, even though it wasn't. We were used to seeing things like the transporter and the translators. We felt the sense of adventure, like they were paving a new road forward. The characters were likable, and I liked how most of the episodes (Especially in the 3rd and 4th seasons) flowed together very well. We saw some species we had already seen such as the Andorians or the Romulans, and some new ones like the Denobluans and the Xindi. They made a very interesting storyline with these species, and it was just getting good when they cancelled it.
    What I did not like was that there was very little development in any characters except the main three: Archer, Trip, and T'Pol. I mean, I know that its hard to keep track of all the character developments while writing a script, but I thought there was a whole lot more storylines to give Reed and Hoshi and Travis, and even Dr. Phlox. Some of the earlier episodes in the series could feel like repeats of episodes in previous series.
    All in all, though, I enjoyed the series.

20. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like..

[​IMG]

Erika Hernandez :adore:

[​IMG]

Soval, my FAVORITE VULCAN EVER

[​IMG]

Just one of this man's many adorable moments.

[​IMG]

PERSIS! Yes I loved her :(

I could go on..