Haven: Season Three (Discussion, Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Sep 16, 2012.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Yeah, I thought he'd be younger. It was kind of weird that they weren't showing his face for a while in the flashbacks. When we were just getting him from the back or with a bit of profile, I thought he was Nathan or a Nathan lookalike-- like maybe Nathan also had a past identity, same as Audrey.

As for Nathan, I think he's really falling for her and is just being pulled in multiple directions-- he doesn't really know what he's doing either.

You're right, I'm finding it quite interesting and organic. As long as Nathan eventually comes around, I'm good with it.

2. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

So now we find out that the Colorado Kid was Sarah's son, and that the "troubled" are nationwide.

These folks are running a kind of troubled undergorund railroad, bringing them into Haven? I had always assumed the troubled were related to the town itself: the history, the geography, etc.

And now that we know who the bolt gun killer is, of course the next question is...why?

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, that had me scratching my head, too. Did they just rewrite the mythology there? Up until now, the Troubles have been a Haven-related phemenon, going back generations. Even the credits imply that the Troubles relate to the town's creepy history, dating back to its founding.

But now the Troubled are just Alphas, a persecuted minority of special people springing up all over the world?

And what's this business about Haven being an, er, safe haven for the Troubled? When have the Troubled ever been safe in Haven? Their powers are always running amuck, causing death and chaos. And there's tons of people, like the Rev and Duke's family, out to destroy them there.

Okay, I suppose you can rationalize this with the idea that Haven started out as a haven for Troubled people, from all over, and that as settled and started families, the Troubles became part of the town's DNA . . . .

Don't ask me where Audrey/Lucy/Sarah and the meteor fit in . . . !

4. RJDiogenes

I think we've had examples of there being Troubled outside of Haven in the past, most recently in the sperm bank episode. Even if the origin of the Troubles is related to Haven, a certain amount of people are going to migrate out, which would spread the phenomenon. Maybe the Troubles started in Europe and Haven was founded as a haven, but then religious fanatics moved in.

As for the bolt-gun killer, there must be more to it than that. The guy in the video was white and had the tattoo.

5. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

When Detective Bowden's first episode aired, my immediate thought was that a shapeshifter or chameleon type of troubled person killed him and took his place, and was actually burying the real Bowden at the end of the episode. But who knows with this show? The bolt gun killer could go around possessing bodies for all I know.

6. RJDiogenes

I was thinking that Bowden might be a chameleon, but that's a good point about the body.

7. 1001001

So you know the cop isn't dead...

What is his trouble? He turns into a white serial killer?

:lol:

A nice touch with the sisters at the end.

The barn only comes for one person...hmm. What is that going to be?

8. RJDiogenes

I'm not sure if anybody has heard this already, but Haven was renewed for a fourth season on Friday. :bolian:

I thought this was a great episode, with lots of twists and turns both plot-wise and backstory-wise for the sisters. Claudia Black did a terrific job. I loved Duke's reaction to Nathan's death-- his face and body language spoke volumes without need for dialogue-- and I loved his remark to the paramedic-- "You better pray your girlfriend can save my friend." He's supposed to be the anti-hero, but he's put more effort toward Nathan than vice versa.

I was intrigued by the scene where Tommy was beating on Vince and Dave, when they were talking about whose turn it was to kill him. Was that a bluff or do the brothers have some Trouble that's yet to be revealed? I suspect there is a lot we don't know about these guys still.

And how about that big-ass tattoo on Dwight's back?

9. 1001001

Also...was it my imagination or did the brothers tolerate that beating pretty well for a couple of old men?

Glad to hear about the renewal. They'd better give this series a proper ending, when the time comes...

:scream:

10. RJDiogenes

I was wondering how old they really are-- I have a feeling they have been around for a very long time-- that they may actually be all that's left of the town founders.

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

So is The Colorado Kid's father...

Nathan?

12. RJDiogenes

^^ Sure looks that way.

This as a great episode. Sarah was fantastic as a 1950s nurse-- it was like she stepped out of an old movie. And I loved Duke dealing with time travel ("I know the time travel rules") and Nathan trying to keep everything under control ("You can't mess with the... uh... space... time... continuum...."). :rommie:

And it looks like Audrey's FBI handler was around back then, too. Weirder and weirder.

13. 1001001

Great episode!

And yes, Sarah was quite the looker.

:techman:

So now...what's the deal with her "handler"??

14. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Yeah, Agent Howard is a conundrum for sure. Not only is he Audrey's supervisor, but he was also connected to her Sarah incarnation in much the same way it seems.

Loved the episode. The time travel aspect was really cool and Emily Rose does look great as a redhead. :)

15. 1001001

Interesting developments in the last episode.

So Audrey doesn't actually help the troubled, she brings the troubles??? What's up with that?

Jordan really blew it with Nathan.

Loved Duke as a pirate.

16. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pirate Duke was terrific!

Why do I feel confused with the story arc, though? Was I just paying too much attention to my iPad while watching?

17. RJDiogenes

They should have asked Jordan more questions while she was compelled to tell the truth. Does Audrey bring the Troubles or does she take them away with her? I'm guessing the latter, because the it was the Troubles that brought her to Haven and she is immune to them-- she may be a type of "Sin Eater." But they should have asked more questions and Jordan should have given more information-- if they knew what was happening, they would be able to look for an alternate solution.

18. 1001001

I really liked the coma episode. A nice story, even though it was a little too easy for him to fix. "See you around" was a nice touch.

So now we know the shrink is dead, but who is the Skinwalker?

Stay tuned!

19. RJDiogenes

The shrink came as a surprise. It's too bad that she's gone. Her body must be somewhere in that mass grave waiting to be identified.

The coma storyline was good. The actor and the character were very likeable. I wonder if we'll ever find out whether or not he survived.

Only two episodes to go for this season....

20. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain