College Football 2012

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by B.J., Aug 31, 2012.

1. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Johnny Football came to play tonight!

:techman:

2. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I'd strongly consider making A&M #3 after the championship game.

3. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

If it weren't for the BCS' stupid rules, we might have been able to see A&M and Oregon. That would have been a great matchup!

I'm glad the BCS is getting revamped year after next. These rules are stifling truly great matchups.

4. Neroon

Heckuva way to start the game, running off the longest TD drive that Notre Dame has allowed all season

5. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Looks we can go to bed early. Good gracious this is a one sided affair. ND is fine up front and at LB but their secondary is slow compared to the SEC and they have been getting torched by McCarron. This only helps Lacy get nice lanes. This one is going to get ugly. Look for Alabama to go strictly run game in the second half and suffocate the time out of ND.

6. Neroon

Alabama has achieved a miracle of Biblical proportions - they've actually made me feel sorry for Notre Dame!

7. Lieut. Arex

Lieut. Arex Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Roll tide! That makes me feel a little better about this year getting better so I could enjoy seeing fifteen was a big motivator for me

8. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really do wonder what could have happened if the officials actually got the call right in the Stanford/ND game this season. That might have been the turning point of the entire season, looking back.

It was a good season, but two years in a row provided bad championship games. I don't think anything can live up to Texas/USC at the Rose Bowl.

9. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Anyone still think the SEC is overrated? It's miles above anything Notre Dame saw with their made up 'murderers row' schedule.

10. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

ROLL TIDE!!!!

Depends on what you consider bad championship games: If it means that the games are not competitive at all, then yes. But take a look at all 5 BCS games from this year. Not a single one ended up being a good game. This is essentially the system that we're stuck with right now.

A game like Texas/USC (or even a game like Oregon/Auburn from two years ago) is only a "good" game if you aren't a fan of either team, and just want the game decided on the final play.

Yesterday before the game, every article was about how this game was going to be a brawl to the finish between two evenly matched teams, and Notre Dame was picked by a lot of experts. It was over in the first 10 minutes.

11. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's exactly what I mean. You have a championship game that isn't competitive, a lot of people are going to tune out. As for the other games, yeah this has been a crap bowl season, but then again, it feels like that every year. The Bowl system sucks, and it will be interesting to see what the playoff format will be like.

At least it's more dramatic and fun than a blowout.

12. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well my team can say we beat the BCS champions! Gig'em Aggies!

Was a fun season for college football this year! I will agree about the Bowl system sucking. It's not like they wouldn't make more money playing out a playoff bracket. That's more games, more tension and competitiveness and more hype.

Plus a real sense of who the champion is instead of... whatever it is we got.

13. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Commander Red Shirt

There's a reason why I always put the C in quotes when discussing the B"C"S.

14. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I was at that USC/Texas game.

It SUCKED!!!!

:scream: