Missing McCoy (major spoiler)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Komack, May 27, 2013.

1. sj4iy

sj4iy Commander Red Shirt

Same here :D

2. Halmirdax

Halmirdax Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It made sense to have Uhura there. The relationships had built that way. She's close to Spock and friends Kirk.

3. Robert D. Robot

Robert D. Robot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

.... and if I want to see behavior consistent with that of a moody, petulant teenage girl, I don't need to rely solely on monitoring a high school study hall. I can now also enjoy it on the Enterprise bridge! ;)

Seriously, I admit that I coming at this with different expectations than some of you folks, and I will simply need to accept the CW take on this crew and "Firefly" authority structure and live with it. Along with the Anheuser Busch engine room.

I AM glad, in general, that Uhura is a more vital member of the team and I will leave it at that!

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  4. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Hyperbole much? You won't garner a whole lot of respect for you opinions with ridiculous statements like this.

5. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I got more of a bickering married couple vibe from their arguments. Emotional female getting upset at less emotive, more logical significant other? Been there, done that, got the divorce papers.

6. Robert D. Robot

Robert D. Robot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought the 'winky face' emoticon showed I was joking (to some extent) about the subject, but I may have made an incorrect assumption. I was responding to The Old Mixer's comment (which I took to have a bit of humor in it) about the workplace vs. a fictional movie situation, but I now realize that my response might have had more of a sarcastic edge to it than I intended. Humor. It is a difficult concept. :)