Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. xnedrabourne

xnedrabourne Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi All

I thought I'd introduce myself finally as i hope to get out of just being a lurker. I joined back in 2003 when i first fell in love with Voyager and its Captain. I took a 7 year break but now I'm back.

Seven years ago i admit that seasons 4-7 were my favorite too and those were the episodes i watched over and over again. However now I'm back and starting the series from the start again i have to say seasons 1-3 are surprising me with how good the episodes are. They are so much better than i remembered. I'd now have to say some of my favorite all time episodes are from the first 3 seasons.

2. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Welcome back! :)

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had the same experience xnedrabourne, watched 4-7 over and over and then when I years later revisited the first three was very pleasantly surprised. Which means the whole series is awesome :)

Oh and welcome back!!

4. xnedrabourne

Thanks for the welcome guys, i feel at home already.

5. teacake

The other cool thing for me was I had forgotten a ton of eps in 1-3 as I'd rarely rewatched the "bad" ones so it was like getting brand new Trek almost. And none of them were as bad as I remembered. I was just SO IN LOVE with 7 that 1-3 seemed pointless for a long time, other than Future's End which is one of my most rewatched episodes.

6. xnedrabourne

I think whats allowed me to really appreciate the first 3 seasons more is the fact that i have already seen all the episodes. There is no impatience to want to watch the next Janeway/Seven centric episode. I can just relax and enjoy it for what it is, a Voyager episode. No matter who the episode focuses on, they are all like family now right.

7. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

So nice to hear from you, xnedrabourne! And all the new Voyager fans; you're getting me jazzed to take up where I left off last time, viewing Season 2 in order.

8. lisaa6@gmail.co

lisaa6@gmail.co Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi !

Am from Austria (next to Germany) and like Voyager and TNG.
    Most i like Kate and Marina.

greetings

9. Captain Kathryn

Welcome!

Yay more Kate love! :adore::adore:

10. xnedrabourne

Thanks Jeri. Season 2 is the best. So many of my favourite episodes come from season two like The Thaw, Deadlock, Dreadnought, Resistance, Prototype and Death Wish.

Welcome Lisaa6 to the board.

11. Kobayshi Maru

Kobayshi Maru Commodore Commodore

Hi, I am from France!

I am a fan of voyager, especially the episodes where the doctor gets a lot of lines, like Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy, Renaissance Man or Someone to Watch Over Me... to name a few.

I primarily watched Voyager and the rest of the Star trek series to practice and perfect my English, but now I do that for the pleasure it gives me.

12. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I've really become a fan of Voyager over the last few months, after pretty much dissing it for the last 15 years! :alienblush: I started watching on Syfy in the UK a few months back and have been steadily working my way through the seasons. I wish that I had been commenting on episodes as I watched them as I feel I've forgotten a lot of the thoughts and impressions that initially struck me watching - other than what an utter delight it has been to discover this show and its characters! I'm not sure what season I'm up to now, as Syfy has been spoonfeeding me without me having to do anything other than series link the show. I think that it's season 5. Someone on the board recently advised me to give Seven a chance, and I have, having not really been looking forward to her arrival, and I think that she is an awesome character. Jerri Ryan does a fabulous job with her. She's certainly become one of my favourite Trek characters.

I have lots of other thoughts about the show, which I will probably share at some point but I wanted to post in this thread because I kept meaning to and never got around to it. So, this is about a tenth of what I wanted to say about the awesomeness that is Voyager, but if I'd waited until I had time and energy to say it all I never would! So, hello! :)

13. teacake

This is beautiful! WELCOME! I am so happy you like Voyager and very very thrilled to hear you say 7 has become one of your favorite Trek characters. She is my all time favorite Trek character, I think she's a wonderful picture of the Trek search for humanity theme and is awesomely acted by Ryan. The interactions with 7 and the rest of the cast really bring out the personalities. And as I say ad nauseum, VOY is the most comedy of the Treks thanks to the main cast being quite funny and expressive and the writing running with that.

14. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks, teacake. :)

15. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just got into Voyager a month ago. I knew nothing of Star Trek before so when I found out that Voyager had a female captain, I gave it a try. I just finished season 1 last week, about to start season 2. I do know about some stuff in the later seasons though (Seven of Nine). I also have a huge crush on Captain Janeway! Yes, I am a girl. Even though I haven't gotten to the later seasons, I'm already shipping J/7 like crazy:) I'm also really liking The Doctor and Tuvok.

16. Kobayshi Maru

Kobayshi Maru Commodore Commodore

Hi and welcome! I am new to site but not to Voyager. I wish I were in your shoes, watching the episodes for the first time, not knowing what was going to happen. I've seen them all so many times now, that I can watch them in my mind without having to actually see them. There's some great episodes in season two, so... enjoy!

17. teacake

I know it's cool to watch it new!!

Oh and welcome to you to Kobayashi Maru!!!

18. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually I wish that I had watched during it's run but back then I was too busy watching Barney:(

19. Captain Kathryn

Yay a fellow Janeway fan! :) I crush on her too and I'm a straight girl haha. The Doctor is great and gets better and better as the show goes on.

Voyager was my first Trek too! It was the one that got me hooked. You'll enjoy the rest of the series too I am sure.

20. teacake

VOY was my third Trek, as soon as I was finished with it (rented it from video stores) I started on DS9. I loved TOS, was meh about TNG but enjoyed watching Star Trek again and fell in love with VOY.