Revolution - season 1 part 2 -

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarthTom, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope they kill off the Monroe character, because quite frankly, he's boring.

Neville would be FAAAAR more interesting as the leader. Just scratch off the one line, and you have the N symbol...The Neville Republic...

2. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

I noticed that the American flag was being flown alongside the Georgia Federation flag in some scenes.

3. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Surprised it wasn't the Confederate flag... Miles did mention plantations have come back into vogue.

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^There was a confederate flag in the outpost where they got the uniforms.

5. Lyon_Wonder

Lyon_Wonder Captain Captain

I suppose at some point off-screen Miles, Charlie and Nora could have hitched a ride on a steam-powered passenger bus or even a steam passenger train. Assuming that, unlike the Monroe Republic, the Georgia Federation has an organized intercity steam bus and train transit system for civilian passenger travel.

6. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's what they think but really, how could they know that for sure? If the nanites work at all faster than the cancer cells reproduce eventually a person would be cured, and they have had 15 years to work on her. Do they still have a way to check that she's still got cancer? The only way I can see it working as they describe is if they kill the cancer cells slower than new ones can grow, but just barely, then the cancer slows to a crawl. It can't be 1 to 1 that's too much of a coincidence, and no one would program them to go at that rate.

I thought that was the The Georgia Fed flag on the wall, it looks like half a Confederate flag,

7. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    John McPhee's The Control of Nature has a great section about this topic!

8. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

Georgia Federation uses steampunk technology for their vehicles while the Monroe Republic is the North American version of a third world dictatorship who got nukes. Interesting.

9. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

They are basically North Korea, then.

10. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I'm starting to really tire of this show. The characters are all rather annoying and written as rather, well, dumb. The only person I'm really interested in right now is Aaron but he's been regulated to the background as occasional comic relief, because, you know, the fat guy can only be laughed at. It's too bad the doctor kicked the bucket so soon into the series, because she was far more interesting and likable than Mom, Miles or SuperGirl.

11. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is it a bad sign that I don't remember a doctor character at all?

12. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

iPhone Woman...

13. Yoda

Oh, right. Thanks.

edit: So uhh, given that Georgia happily trades with England maybe she should have tried a little fucking harder to get back to her kids :lol:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I thought it it was a little odd that she never mentioned Georgia since it seemed like common knowledge that they traded with Euope.

15. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Right, she had mentioned there no ships to take her there. Either she did not know, or there is a bit of a retrocon there.

16. Yoda

These writers are fucking airtight bro. Pretty sure they are just playing up the tragedy of her never getting home. Flashback episode is coming when she's on the coast looking out to see when some Monroe Militia assholes come up behind her and start being assholes. In the background, a nice tall wooden ship flying the Union Jack sales silently by... unnoticed. When she finally turns back around... it's already gone. :( :( :(

And then of course she wanders to Wisconsin right after. Because if there is *any* hope of getting home... its genesis shall be in that glorious land of cheese and football. You don't want to go to try to settle in Georgia where it's warm and coastal. That would be silly.

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

18. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Great! the show get a chance to get better.

19. DeadmeatDiggory

DeadmeatDiggory Commander Red Shirt

I gotta ask. I watched the first few episodes of this show and it couldn't hold my attention, does Revolution actually get better?

20. Yoda

^If anything it gets worse, just my opinion.