Warehouse 13 Season 4 (discussion, spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Jul 17, 2012.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yeah, that preview looks great. Mrs Frederic is awesome. :D

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

UGH. That episode was so damn corny, it was cringe-inducing.

3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it was certainly the weakest ep of this season.

4. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I liked it.

Loved seeing a computer page dossier on Brother Data... so the guy DOES exist outside of Artie's imagination. Loved learning not only do the Templars exist (since Mrs. F is aware of them), also loved learning that Lena told Mrs. F about the astrolabe and Mrs. F trusts HG enough to give it to her. I just hope Mrs. F wasn't wearing a thimble on her pinkie! :eek:

The stuff with Claudia/Jinks/Jinks' Mom was insightful into his character. Corny? Oh yeah, but this show is often that, so I'm inured to it. :rolleyes:

The thing I really liked, however, is HG discovering WHY Artie thinks so highly of her. Giving one's life for one's friends is a pretty big step. :vulcan:

I wonder, as HG walked away from that conversation, if she was wondering WHY she did that? ;)

5. RJDiogenes

I liked it, too. I don't mind corny-- I like seeing something that's actually written maturely rather than just rated M for Mature. And Jinksie is actually saved for real; I was afraid his resurrection was going to be only temporary, with Claudia learning a lesson about messing with life and death. Cool. :mallory:

But I wonder about that strange look on Mrs Frederic's face at the end. Could she be Brother Data in disguise? Or could she be the "evil?"

Also cool was that the artifact was a bit of shrapnel in the guy. Nice way to bring a new twist to the artifact hunt. "Purple heart," indeed.

6. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Myka: bringing the goo to you.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed it too. The twist with the artifact being in the guy was IMO unexpected and pretty cool. I really liked all of the character development we got for Jinx, sure it might have been corny, but I don't think that necessarily makes it bad.

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought that he'd be back for a few episodes and then get killed again so it was nice to see that they're keeping him longer than I thought. That was the expected thing to do so I'm glad that they did the unexpected and kept him.

Pete and Myka seem to have no part of the arc of the season. Everyone else is in on it except them. It's just odd.

9. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Enjoyable (yes, corny) episode...

10. RJDiogenes

I noticed that, too. They're off having adventures while everyone else is embroiled in the drama.

11. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good to know the goo is non-toxic. :vulcan:

12. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Hmm. Way back in the first ep, didn't they say that consuming the goo was a no-no, that it caused nightmarish dreams and hallucinations or something?

13. PorthosShadow

PorthosShadow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe the goo canceling the artifact as quickly as it did disapated any nasty side effects.

14. RJDiogenes

The Wiki page confirms that ingesting the goo causes you to see things, but doesn't say anything about it being injected. Also, the neutralization effect may be mutual. Or maybe the guy went home and dreamed of bunnies with butterfly wings.

15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

So who thinks the temptation for H.G. to use the astrolabe to change her daughter's death will be too great? She did dedicate her life to this very purpose for a long time.

16. UssGlenn

UssGlenn Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was under the impression that the astrolabe only let you go back one day, hence why they couldn't save Jinx.

17. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

That's correct. You can only go back 24 hours.

See here.

18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I suppose that, conceivably, H. G. could use her time machine to go back to the day her daughter died, and then use the astrolabe to undo the day . . . .

19. RJDiogenes

I think the Time Machine only transports consciousness, doesn't it? She wouldn't be able to take the astrolabe.

But if she could find out where the astrolabe was in the 1890s, maybe....

20. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

Implant her consciousness into a Brotherhood member of that era and undo the day. But I think she's reformed now, flip-flopping between good and evil too many times gets boring.