Any Trek authors coming to Wizard World Tulsa this fall?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by borgboy, Jun 26, 2014.

1. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

Hope it's ok to start a thread for this, I couldn't figure out any other logical way to ask.
    This fall Tulsa is having it's first Wizard World convention. I thought it would be neat to at least stop by and say hi if any Trek writers were coming.
    Also, if anybody has any Trek related info on the upcoming con, that would be nice to know about.
    Shatner is coming. Pretty excited about that.

2. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

Wizard World usually doesn't consider most authors worth having as guests. We don't represent enough of a "draw" to merit the costs associated with our travel and lodging. Nothing short of a massive and sustained fan outcry, followed by cash outlays for tickets should they reverse their policy, is likely to change that.

3. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

Thanks for getting back to me David.
    I'm sorry to hear that Wizard World isn't author friendly. Possibly meeting a couple of Trek authors there was something I was looking forward to.
    Some other time and place then maybe.

4. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

In Wizard World's lexicon:

Washed-up actor who was on a genre program once decades ago and hasn't worked much in front of the camera in years >>>>>> Novelist who works regularly and currently and has decent sales and something of a fan following

5. otomo

otomo Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

yeah but... Lorenzo Lamas! Reno Raines himself!

6. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Fuck Wizard! Gareb Shamus has no idea what people actually want. Although, he may be out now, but still! They suck!