Falling Skies - season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarthTom, May 23, 2013.

1. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

DVR's set, but this is one show I could easily delete without watching. There were too many ginormous plot holes in the first two seasons for me to take the show seriously. If all those "transgressions" aren't immediately explained, or compensated for, in the opener, then my interest will flag right off. As it is, the show's just fancy background noise. :shrug:

The basic problem is that there is no excuse for any of the heroes to be alive. There needs to be a damn good reason for that; enough milking already.

3. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Meh. I explain away the plot hole of - "how the fuck are they alive," problems the same way I gave Trek a pass on that issue.

Voyager is a great example of that problem. Despite the fact the ship and its intrepid group of travellers who faced numerous life and death experiences accross the galaxy virtually every principle survives, season after season, almost until the end - where we are led to believe that only because Janeway time travels - no one dies - but had she not only 7 dies. :wtf:

In short - it's the story about the people who live not the ones who die.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Well, I'll be watching. I've really enjoyed it so far. However, some of the previews of this season have me a little nervous; I'm having flashbacks to V and the "starchild." *shudder*

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved the second season, really enjoyed all the positive changes the show made. You can pick every show to bits, but what's the point when you are just having fun watching sci-fi war.

6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I really loved season one, but I don't think they've shown Season 2 in Canada yet, or at least aired it on the Space channel as far as I know. Would love to see more, but I haven't seen it since.

7. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I'll be watching, since I've enjoyed the first two seasons. The incongruities and improbabilities don't bother me a bit. Falling Skies falls into the category of what I call "Irwin Allen Shows." Haven is another one. They're just fun to watch and have good casts and characters. I don't expect the same things from them as I do shows on the level of Star Trek or shows on the level of Warehouse 13.

I haven't seen any previews, though, so now I'm a little nervous about V, because that show really devolved into something awful.

8. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm looking forward to this coming back to Sky. Been waiting for it for ages. I think it's a sleeper. I used to think that The Walking Dead was the better show. Now I think I enjoy Falling Skies more.

9. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

I'm definitely going to watch. I'm dying for good Earth vs the Aliens sci-fi.

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I think you guys got Season 2? Both Seasons were only 10 episodes long, the first season showing over only 8 weeks (2 episode Piliot, 2 Episode Finale). Second season was either 8 or 9 weeks (Don't remember if both Premiere and Finale were doubled up). So, perhaps you thought the two seasons were 2 halves of the same season? What was the Finale cliff hanger you last saw?

11. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

The last episode I saw was when they were ready to meet the aliens face to face, with a Close Encouter-ish ending to it. Is that season one or two? Either way, I haven't heard anything since. Pretty sure I only saw 10 episodes.

12. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I need a frikkin' recap. Of this, Teen Wolf, Haven, etc.

Loving Orphan Black!!

13. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

That was season 1. We are coming up to season 3.

14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes because Star Trek is the most real thing around with all aliens knowing english and breathing the same air. :lol:

15. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Season 1: The Aliens invade before episode 1 begins. A ragtag fleet... er... group of Bostonians trek south to get away from the Aliens. During the season we learn the Aliens kidnap pre pubescent and young teen children and convert these into their slaves via a parasitic control device connected to their spine. At the end of Season 1, Noah Mason is captured by the aliens.

Season 2: Noah Mason is released by the Aliens and returns to the ragtag convoy. The Aliens monitor and spy on the progress of their trek south. The group finally reaches safe haven in Charleston, SC. All is not so safe in this safe haven. The ragtag convoy refuses to blend in with the complacent survivors in Charleston. A bunch of fighting happens. Season 2 ends with the reveal that a new group of Aliens have also arrived on Earth.

Apparently the Aliens from group 1 (the initial invaders) and the Aliens from group 2 (the new arrivals) are at war with each other and Earth is caught in the crossfire.

16. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Falling Skies is not particularly good. It's a competent series, like Continuum or Defiance, though I'd rate it just below both of those programs. It's consistently pretty good with the visuals and the twists about the aliens have been satisfying, though, so I guess I'm sticking around for season three.

17. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Television is full of barely adequate sci-fi or fantasy shows thesedays and this is certainly one of them. I dumped Grimm after watching the first season. I've sat through two seasons of this, but I think it's time to cut it loose...

18. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Season 2 was far superior to season 1 and the ending set things up nicely. Its a show that has plot holes or half explanations for buts it also quite fun to turn your brain off for 42 mins and watch.

19. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Same here. Still holding the S2 finale in the DVR to watch again before June 9. I hope to be around for commentary for the first hour, at least. Gotta know who these new aliens are.

20. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for the summary. Yup, it's exactly where I thought it was. You know, sometimes you can't remember if you saw everything or not? Happens with me a lot.