So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I'm reading the Evernight series by Claudia Gray. :)

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I started the fourth True Blood/Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries/whatever the hell else you can possibly think of to call the series book, Dead to the World.

3. wahwahkits

wahwahkits Commander Red Shirt

England, somewhere between Liverpool and Chester
    Just started 'Storming Heaven' I don't want the Vanguard series to end!

4. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

taking a TNG reading break, now that Vanguard: Storming Heaven is out. So i'm starting with Harbinger, and am going to read the entire series, beginning to end.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Read Ice Hunt and Deep Fathom by James Rollins. About halfway through Forgotten History, which I picked up at the San Francisco Airport.

(Thank you, cross-country flights.)

6. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    Finished Ann Petry's "The Street" (Very good book, I think)....and Doctor Who: Matrix (Very bad book, I think)...

Right now, I'm deciding my next book to read, which may be Fae Myenn Ng's Bone (for a class).

7. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm reading the last Invasion book that's a voyager novel.I think these books are well written and I enjoyed reading this miniseries again.:cool:

8. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

I finished Searching for Dragons the other day and liked it just as much as the first book. Have I already said that I've started Island in the Sea of Time? Because I have - it's my nightstand book right now. And I'm listening to the audio book for 11/22/63 by Stephen King, which is kind of a big deal for me. I always shied away from his work because of the horror angle. I've never even seen any of the movies based on his books. But the premise sounded so interesting, and I saw so many positive reactions from folks on the board, that I figured what better introduction. So far it has been excellent.

9. Joel_Kirk

Question:
    Has anyone read "Legacy of the Daleks" by John Peel?

(It might be added to the list of books I will be multi-reading...)

10. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Yes.

Be warned that the Daleks actually only turn up in, like, the last 30 pages... The rest of it is the Master and Susan messing around among warlords in a neo-medieval post-Dalek-Invasion Earth.

11. bok2384

bok2384 Commander Red Shirt

Finished rereading Greater than the Sum by Christopher L. Bennett today as part of my TNG Relaunch+ reading for the 25th Anniversary. Now, I'm taking a detour to the 23rd century and reading Star Trek Log One by Alan Dean Foster.

12. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have been doing the same thing, in regards to reading for the 25th anniversary, except I started with the novelization of "Encounter at Farpoint." I've been reading them all in chronological order, about halfway through "Contamination." I'm gonna read them all in order, up to the latest relaunch book. I'm including all the DS9/VOY books in this too. Having a blast.

13. Endgame

Endgame Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Last July I read "Greater Than the Sum" by CLB. Then just recently I read "Before Dishonor" [sic] by Peter David. And now, I am reading "Resistance" by J.M. Dillard. I read them in complete reverse order. I am thinking about the themes of control and counter-control with respect to conflicts in ST multiverse. Also, a little earlier I did read "Deep Domain" (ST-TOS #33) by Howard Weinstein. Maybe I shall start a thread about control and counter-control and see where it goes. ...

14. Joel_Kirk

Thanks...!:techman:

15. S. Gomez

S. Gomez Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Speaking of Doctor Who, I've been going through a phase of that recently. And this time around I'm not only buying a bunch of the Classic DVDs, but also a few Target novelizations; I found a used bookstore that has quite a selection and today I grabbed a few of the recent reprints at Chapters.

I'm probably going to try to finish The Reign of Terror tonight.

16. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

Reading Hollow Men; Garak and Sisko just arrived on Earth. I am QUITE looking forward to seeing Garak's take on the heart of humanity.

17. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

You won't be disappointed! That book is awesome.

18. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed wholeheartedly. I finished it recently, it really was amazing.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm almost done with The Blood-Dimmed Tide, so I'm thinking about starting Children of the Storm. I've had it on my Nook for a few months now, and I've gotten very interested after seeing the almost universal praise it's been getting here.

20. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I'm reading the Evernight Series by Claudia Gray. :D