Wonderful Enterprise 1702 (Fan made) flying at future earth

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TaCoskun, Feb 24, 2013.

1. TaCoskun

TaCoskun Ensign Newbie

Hi friends,

just finished my newest project with my own Star Trek based spaceship model. I redesigned all ship textures and spent much more attention to the environment this time. Look forward to listen to your opinions:

Click the Image to see the video.
    [​IMG]

FAQ:
    a) Why the ring?:
    I asked my self why almost all windows in federation ship ar either facing to the top or to the bottom but they are always on the side of the room. I think this question would be crucial for the design of a real space ship. The ring solves that problem, since more windows can be placed at the sites enabling the ship to provide more natural and therefore more luxury rooms to the crew.

Why 1702:
    Well, this is fanmade and just of hobby of mine. On purpose I decided to not place my ship in the original series of Enterprises. The first reason behind is that I wanted to avoid insulting critical fans and the second reason is that I am not an owner of Star Trek and wanted to show my respect to the fans and to Star Trek by changing the number instead of attaching another letter like G or F. I know also that there is another ship in the original Star trek world with 1702 as registriy. But the name Enterprise 1702 is quite distributed and you can find my videos easlily by googling this name. Thus, I will not change it. If the number still causes trouble, just consider this ship as part of a parallel universe (which it is actually, since this is not part of one of the original Star Trek universes. I don't have the right to put it into the original ship series of Enterprises).

c) In what time is this ship placed it?
    Honestly, I don't care so much. I would like to have a new Star Trek series placed in the 24 or 25. century but I am just creating this animation because I want to see more Star Trek space scenes because I miss the time in which we could watch them weekly :(. I did not want to create a new series myself, thus those detailled questions are not my concern.

d) How many crew members does this ship have?
    I just don't know. One could count the windows as an approximation to answer this question.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  2. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

Interesting concept. While I'm not too big a fan of the ring design, it does look well done! :techman:

3. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

cool ship, maybe looks a bit small, window-giving-scale wise. the 1702 number just bugs me though.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lovely vid :) :techman:

5. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

I like it :D I like ships minus the engineering sections, also, as a person who studies intensely in the UFO field ~dodges a brick thrown~, your design is very similar to some of the ones I have actually seen, so it's doubly cool :D

6. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

have you ever been probed?

7. The Castellan

:rolleyes:

8. TaCoskun

TaCoskun Ensign Newbie

Hi friends,

thank you for your nice comments. I appreciate that.

(at)junxon: I have no idea why people like are just so mean. I think, if you would be happy with yourselve and your life you should not need to insult other fans hard work. But if you feel better than, consider me as someone who should get probed because he spent love and time in creating a creative self-made video. If you think that it is "ill" to spent time to create something like that, I can just answer that I prefer to spent time creating some kind of art of Star Trek instead of trying to insult other people in the internet when they do great stuff. Whatever you say, I know that my work is incredible: It needs so much know-how, so much patience, an general 3D understanding and Computer graphics. I do not claim that my work is perfect, but I know it is impressive and good. Knowing that all of that is a one man work, makes it also more impressive. I have a pitty on you that you do not have something similar to show to the world, but this does not justify your mailce. Go and don't watch it, if you don't like it. There is no need to insult anybody here.

9. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i said i liked your ship. so clearly you didn't pay attention to my first comment.

in fact go back up this thread and read my first comment. go on i'll wait for you.

the 'probed' comment was to the guy that studies ufos.

how dare you come in here criticizing me for criticizing you when i didn't in the first place. i pity the fool, it's people like you that are ruining the internet for us salt of the earth types, bet you've never done an honest days work in your life, you're no fan of star trek, i didnt fight through two veitnam wars to save you from the greeks for the right to wrongly criticize people, how dare you sir, continue disjointed rant, etc etc

so yeah.... 'people like me'

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  10. TaCoskun

TaCoskun Ensign Newbie

Well,

obviously I misunderstood you due to my bad English. I apologize for that and I did not realize that you are the same guy like before.

When I looked for the word "probed" dict.cc translated it like someone who need to be checked by a psychologist. If you meant that, my words are completely right. If you didn't meant that, I think you could have told me without insulting me again. You had the ability to see that I misunderstood your words, which I still do not understand. I did not have this ability due to the fact that I just trusted a dictionary on the internet.

Sorry, but your Vietnam story has nothing to do with me, Star Trek or anything else attached to that topic. I am not living in America, so there is even no relationship between this argument and me. I am sorry if you run through a hard time, but you did not do that for me or my country, you did just not saved me. Additionally, I am not a war fan, the opposite is the case. Consequently, I have nothing to say to that.

Just realized that you meant it like I understood, you just did not meant me: You should actually not insult somebody else too. If the UFO guy likes to do what he does, he has the right to do so without getting insulted by somebody who things it is stupid to spend time with that.

I don't know, why you think you should tell me that there are people that like you? Did I doubted that? Actually not, I just said that I prefer to spend my time with my animation instead of insulting people. Honestly, I would also prefer to read something about UFOs, instead of insulting anybody.

I appreciate that you liked my video and I still apologize for attacking you. But your comment was also not clear and you still insulted somebody here which you can admit, can't you? You Vietnam story really does not give you the right to do so.

Anyway, I forgive you and hope the UFO guy does the same and I hope that you simply show that you are a good guy which has been misunderstood by forgiving me too and apologizing by the UFO guy and stop insulting people which think different than you. It is all about respect and tolerance, which is the base of Star Trek, isn't it?

I would appreciate if my comment and also the "probe" and "Vietnam" of Junxon and comment gets deleted since they are out of topic. Thanks in advance.

Further explanation: It might help you to understand me when I tell you that I have been insulted more than 2000 times, because of my Star Trek animations. I never listened to that because I knew that none of the haters are able to anything similar. But it still hurts. You cannot do anything against it, it just hurts when your hard work is non-constructively criticized. And I am sure it also hurts when people say that you have to go to a psychologist because of the thing you believe in.

11. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

yeah... you totally didn't get what i meant.

the 'probed' was like 'probed by aliens'. which i'll be honest is a lame joke that seemed funny at the time. and wasn't aimed at you anyway.

and the weird rant was in response to your massive piece about me criticizing you when i hadn't. and if english isn't your first language i guess that would be lost in translation.

good luck with your starships and i'm out of here.

12. TaCoskun

TaCoskun Ensign Newbie

Ok, I see the joke part now. I honestly apologize since I understood that you never meant to insult anybody. I actually read "two" hate comments at once which might made me expecting negative stuff, I would guess. Please don't be out of here just because of my mistake.

Here is one of my first tries to create my own design and animation which is Star Trek based: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga2b8eAs4i8
    I had to learn for months to create the model and the animation that time. I was very proud, but look at the likes of the video (1050 dislikes and 71 likes). The comments are deactivated there, guess why ;)? Yes that's it, when you get such feedback, you might start expecting it. Sorry.

English is not my first language. I have actually two first languages: Turkish and German. But unfortunately, my Turkish is not better than my English, even worth :( due to minor practice.

13. The Castellan

I did not find the joke ammusing, since I already had to deal with jokes like that each time I mention anything remorely related to UFO's, hence why I stay in the art forums, mainly, now. Not in the moods for drama, you know.

Can't wait to see anymore of the stuffs.

14. TaCoskun

TaCoskun Ensign Newbie

I know how you feel my friend ;). But he admit that the joke was lame. And my attack was worse ;), so I would say we are all even now.

Thank you so much, I will definitely continue with that, because it is is a great hobby. It just need a lot of time :(.

Do you have a link of the similar vessel you mean? I would like to see that.

15. The Castellan

I'll have to really fish through my files for that, and that's if it's was not on the hard drive that crashed on my old computer. And most of it is from witnesses who were there and saw the actual UFO. And from what they said, apart from the engine pods on yours, the disk shape you used is very close in the design from what they saw.

I'll send you some neat stuff, anyhow. :D

Send me your email address, since photobucket tends to shrink bigger pictures. :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  16. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Overall, not a bad design. I don't think that the "spokes" look wide enough; they look a little thin for passageways, and look like they don't have much hull plating between them and the vacuum of space. I kind of like the simplicity of how the nacelles and pylons are mounted on the elliptical hull, though she looks a little small for an Enterprise, especially the later the era that she is supposed to be from.

I think that is a major problem with the subject: not enough people take UFOs or ETs seriously. Instead of approaching the subject seriously and with some form of alacrity, as a society, we mostly ignore it, and if it were to turn out that some of the claims made by conspiracy theorists were true, by ignoring, ridiculing, and even worse, discouraging the subject, we might be doing so to our own eventual detriment.

And I find it disturbing that I haven't found many other members here who appear to take seriously the possibility that not only have UFOs and aliens have been here for quite some time, but also that at least some unpleasant claims might have a truth behind them. I would expect much more open minds on the subject.

17. Dick_Valentine

Dick_Valentine Commander Red Shirt

It looks like The NX-01 and Deep Space Nine had a baby :D

Not a bad thing though, I like designs that push the standard starfleet layouts forwards a bit
    (though not in a "ugly kelvin ruining the rules of symmetary" way, don't know why they made that ship look so bad when they did a great job with all the other ships in the new movie, even the little-seen warping-fleet )

And for some reason the warp drive shot made me jump out of my chair a little bit, not quite the reaction I was expecting lol
    You did a good job on that though, love a nice warp drive end to an animation, tradition! ;)

Overall, nice work :techman:

18. The Castellan

I think the mainstream ignores it because they don't want to be a 'black sheep' and stick out from the crowds. You'll be so surprised how some people, in public will laugh and ridicule the idea of alien life, BUT, behind closed doors, they sing a completely different song. I have seen people beginning to talk about the subject, in public with other people, and in a serious way, actually wanting to learn more of it.

And on this site especially, I see a lot of closed minds....it's like if they see it on a Trek episode or film, it's all "Cool!" yet if there's a possibility of it actually being a reality or even better, they go, "NO! HELL, NOOOOO!!!!!!" it's like they can't handle the idea that there's a very good chance that there's more to the universe than their 'safe' little world where the highest concerns are angry Muslims, healthcare, the cost of oil and what's for dinner. It's like they want their safe little world to stay, even if it's a miserable one.

Hell, just suggest the ancient aliens theory, that ET beings came to our world, in the distant past, and influenced our advancements in culture, technology and even genetics (this topic has been addressed in many forms of non-American science fiction, it's a staple in Dr. Who, and even in some TOS Trek and early TNG).....be ready for a lot of ridicule, or silly images often involving pictures of proponents/believers of intelligent alien life with some cheesy caption at the bottom or downright hostility...one particular poster even went so far to say that one of the earliest guys who researched the concept be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for 'spreading his ideas into the public'.....apart from his apparent disregard towards the 1st amendment, and his obvious discomfort at an idea that not everything in the world was purely human based ingenuity.....it just makes him look like some Hitler wannabe when he had all Jewish publications burnt.

I really never saw WHY anyone, apart from those in power (the world will change completely when the truth of alien life comes out, which will happen soon, I feel, and there's no turning back, and those in control of everything will have a lot to lose) would be so hostile, or at least uncomfortable about a theory that not everything in the world was achieved by strictly human effort....apart from some sort of arrogance or vanity. And those guys keep saying "show me the proof it exists!" though they never state what would be acceptable as proof and how much of it, and they also have to prove that it does NOT exist, and they are not able to do so anymore than the proponents of the theory we were influenced. Though I look at many, many things from the past depicted in paintings, drawings, sculptures and so on of things that look not from this world and something looking totally alien to us.....was it merely just imagination, or was it something they saw and tried to record that event for future reference? Ancients often used writing more for recording events in their lives and less for mere fancy or fiction. Seems Brrokings is correct on one point, that the disclosure of the truth of alien life would mainly effect and devastate scientists and engineers (well, mainstream ones who do their jobs solely for either a paycheck or some sought after self glory) since their view of the universe would be shattered and they'd no longer be the true masters over nature.

Ignoring, ridiculing and discouraging discussion (they often use coincidence or other tired ideas so they can give say what they want and not really need to back it) of these topics is not only, to me, the fast, lazy way out, it's also makes mainstream culture look like it's populated by arrogant, lazy, fat and ignorant people who make themselves look so silly......they laugh and giggle at it, yet they make stuff like sports, reality TV, celebrity gossip, video games and all that into something that seems important, if not a religion in themselves. They say anyone who believes such a concept of aliens or that we were influenced by them are lunatics.....yet those people obsess with things like Anne Hatheway's personality, or who got voted off X-Factor....as if that's something that is really important.

I am considering making a forum of my own for the sole purpose of discussing these topics, without any fear of ridicule, and being able to talk about something without someone's infantile "ROTL!" mentality and harassment, we'll see how that goes. But, yea, you've really impressed me with what you just typed there.....not many folks have the guts to say that, well, not here in America, anyhow. It's far more accepted in other countries like Mexico, Japan, India, Russia, and so on.

If alien life and the ancient alien theory is proven, 100% false, I'll the be the first to accept that, but I have not seen anything than proves that, not even remotely close.

And don't worry, JES, if some of the guys here give you a hard time for wanting to discuss such a thing and if you believe in it.......to me, being ridiculed on the topic of the existence on alien life or the ancient aliens theory by some Star Trek nerds will not wound me much, really, it will just add to the list of things why people often laugh at them. ;)

Besides, one person I know said, "I'm a Trek fan, I've loved Trek since I first seen it back in the 60's, and when I see these fans who say there's no alien life or the idea of it is silly, they miss out on one of the biggest aspects of Trek" and it's not mere social issues and so on, but exploring the unknown and seeing who and what is out there. Probably a reason I myself will always go for pre-2009 Trek than the current JJ Stuff. I pretty much only stay in the art section of this forum site these days, and avoid the drama queens in the others, especially in alien related topics since they won't listen to anyone, unless that person is a pimply faced nerd in a labcoat on a government grant, someone from NASA, or from the government.....which makes no sense to me, especially that last one since government rarely, if ever, have our interests in mind.

Anyhow, I look forward to more of this most excellent design and what else comes up.:cool:

19. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Hey The Castellan, ever notice how only one person ever replies in your art thread?

20. TaCoskun

TaCoskun Ensign Newbie