Favorite Treat Today

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by John Picard, Jan 12, 2010.

1. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

OK, what's your favorite treat you partake of today? I've recently discovered dried Ginger root rolled in raw cane sugar and it is literally like crack. Addictive, and when the store doesn't have any I literally start Jonesing. One of the clerks told me that everyone who buys a bag says the same thing.

So -- have at it.

2. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

I'm currently trying to drop a few pounds, so I'm staying away from sweets. But a small cluster tomato makes an excellent snack.

3. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I just watched The Simpson's 20th Anniversary Special, while eating a plate of nachos covered in cheese and bacon. At the same time, I was using my Homedics Shiatsu back massage cushion with Heat set to on.

That was a treat.

4. An Officer

An Officer Vice Admiral Admiral

Thin crust pizza with Parmigiano, rocket, and black olives. Savoured whilst watching Celebrity Big Brother, with a piping hot strawberry green tea with honey.

5. Jadzia

Jadzia on holiday Premium Member

crystalized ginger. I bought some of that just before christmas. Good for unsettled stomachs, as well as being delicious. :bolian:

6. John Picard

The first time a person tries it, there's that BURN. A burn so intense that it makes one yearn for another piece, and then another, and then another. Seriously, I told my grocer this stuff is crack :drool:

7. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Try to find Blenheim Ginger Ale - you'll get the same sweet burn...

8. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

I've been making this dish lately. It's quite tasty:

Pan fry one flour tortilla with olive oil so that it crisps golden brown, cut it into quarters, throw some shredded cheese on there, a bit of green chile, shredded chicken. Throw it in the oven (or broiler) to melt the cheese. Top with some lettuce and tomato. Serve with sour cream, optionally guacamole (I'm allergic to avocado so I forgo this), and some salsa.

9. ChaosAngel

ChaosAngel Commander Red Shirt

In a cardboard box, drinking black coffee
    I don't realy like sweets but I'm loveing lolliepops at the moment. The cherry and apple fizzpops... Mmmm...

10. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

That sounds delicious...

11. John Picard

Agreed. :techman:

12. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

It is very good! I had somethings similar at a small restaurant, so I figured I'd recreate it. Seems to work quite well.

13. Major Chord

Major Chord Choir Boy Extraordinaire Captain

I'm yearning for a big plate of thick, crispy, creamy and cheesy mac and cheese. However, for now I'm settling for some chicken rings and crinkle cut french fries that I salvaged from the freezer while I sit and finish my economics homework. Boy, do those hit the spot.

14. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I went to Culvers today on my way to work and had an Oreo concrete despite it being 15 degrees outside.