So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been going through Urban Fantasy withdrawal, so I start the fourth book in The Hollows series, A Fist Full of Charms.

2. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

"In Hero Years I'm Dead" by Michael A. Stackpole

3. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Star trek Ds9 Hollow Men by Una McCormack .I really like rereading this book some really good charater storylines for Sisko and Grak in this book and the other Ds9 crew members.It's nice to see Jadzia Dax included in a book again.

4. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I finished Unbound and am continuing with Article 5 by Kristen Simmons.

5. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

I just started Up, Up, & Away: The Kid, the Hawk, Rock, Vladi, Pedro, LE Grand Orange, Youppi!, The Crazy Business of Baseball, & the Ill-Fated but Unforgettable Montreal Expos by Jonah Keri, a delightful history of Canada's first Major League Baseball franchise.

6. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

Finished out Raise the Dawn last night. Absolutely fantastic. Not much else I can say, it was phenomenal from start to finish, hitting some wonderful beats along the way. Glad some story lines got resolved, too.

I unfortunately started Fallen Gods this morning. I read the 11-page prologue and have literally no idea what I just read. I know this one has probably the worst reputation on the boards of the books published over the last 5 or so years, so I can't say I'm not dreading it. I may also try and breeze through Seasons of Light and Darkness to get all my Michael A. Martin out of the way and behind me.

7. C. Cole-Chakotay

I finished Article 5 last night and have started Breaking Point, the 2nd book in the series.

8. Reanok

I'm reading Star trek Serpents in the Garden by Jeff Mariotte .The book really has a good Kirk story Also a good Scotty ,Uhura& Chekov b story too. I like movie era novels

9. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished Grimm: The Icy Touch by John Shirley. There were some mistakes and a few oddities where some of the characterizations were concerned, but overall it was a pretty entertaining story.

I'm now about to start reading the first story, about Riker, from Star Trek: Tales from the Captain's Table, "Improvisations on the Opal Sea: A Tale of Dubious Credibility," by Michael A. Martin & Andy Mangels.

10. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Half Off Ragnarok by Seanan McGuire.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Heck, this season, the show itself has oddities where some of the characterizations are concerned...

12. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm actually thinking about getting that book this summer. It sounds like a great book, and I do like Jonah Keri.

I'm going to start "Horn and Ivory" tonight. Just finished Demons of Air and Darkness and it was a good book.

13. C. Cole-Chakotay

I finished Breaking Point last night and will be starting Three (the last book in the Article 5 trilogy) tonight. :)

14. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

So far, it's delightful. I'm a huge fan of Jonah's writing, and particularly enjoy his passion for the Expos, so this book was a natural purchase.

Thank you!

15. BritishSeaPower

BritishSeaPower Captain Captain

Plowed through Seasons of Light and Darkness. Not bad, a little odd but not bad.

Still haven't made any headway on Titan: Fallen Goods.

16. Endgame

Endgame Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Read "The Oresteia" (trilogy) by Aeschylus (reread actually) then read "On the Soul" and "Categories" by Aristotle. Must return to ST for a breath of escape. Perhaps "The Rings of Time" by Greg Cox would be nice next on my e-reader. Sooo many choices.

17. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm currently reading TOS "Serpents in the Garden" about halfway through. Really liking it so far. Also getting back into my re-read of the post-Nemesis stuff, even though I had started with the A Time to,,, series. I had read the first two books, but then got into a big star wars reading mood at the time. I'm finally back in my trek reading mood.

18. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

The other day I finished the Riker story from Star Trek: Tales from the Captain's Table.

Today I listened to the Torchwood audio drama The Lost Files: Submission.

I'm now reading "Darkness," the second/Picard story from Star Trek: Tales from the Captain's Table.

19. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Started Mission Gamma: Twilight tonight. That was quite a first chapter.

20. Reanok

I'm reading Startrek Ds9 Warped by J.K. Jeter this isn't one of my favorite ds9 books. This one has taken me along time to finish.