Your Star Trek Online Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timofnine, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

the borg energy dampening weapon, eps power transfer and emergency power to shields i believe. and one of my teammates just fly by me so my camera was squished into the bow of my defiant. i usually don't admit this and claim artistic skill but this pic was actually an accident. :)

EDIT: and note the 9 quantum torpedoes i launched from my aft torpedo tube. i still have no idea how i did that.

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Certainly well done, even if it was an accident, hitting the screenshot button at the right moment needs to be praised anyway.
    You should send it to Cryptic. It is one of the coolest I've seen.

3. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

thanks, i might just do that.

4. Archaeologist

Archaeologist Lieutenant Red Shirt

[​IMG]

Completely off topic, I know, but wait a minute. In Star Trek Online, it's possible to outfit your crew members with Wrath of Khan era "Monster Maroon" uniforms? The red jacket type ones? I was afraid those wouldn't make it in the launch, but those are my favorite of any of the Star Trek canon uniforms. They appear to be the most formal, and militaristic of them all.

5. Timelord Victorious

Yes, they were an "exclusive" item for Star Trek Season 3 bluray owners I believe. Although pretty much everyone has them, because the unlock key made it's way around the internet. These days you can also buy them in the C-Store.

6. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

And I believe that their free at the C-store.

7. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For me, it came with the client software that was on a magazine cover. I just assumed it was one of the included uniforms. (Free either way)

8. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually, they were hardly 'exclisive' as the code in the Blu-Ray box sets was not unique (ie EVERY box had that same code, so once it got onto the internet, anyone who wanted it could find it - Cryptic recently made it a 'free unlock' though).

But yes, you can currently make uniforms from any Star Trek era (except the 22nd century Enterprise) and even the Mirror Universe now as all the pre-order costume perks were added to the C-Store. Most ' other era' uniform sets are about $3.00 a pop (240 Cryptic Points per) and there's TNG, TOS, and DS9 (the DS9 ones include the TNG 'First Contact' movie uniforms as the show started using them in the 5th season).

9. Timelord Victorious

I know... that's what the quotation marks were for. ;)

10. Angelsilhouette

Angelsilhouette Lieutenant Red Shirt

Woo! I got a picture quote. ^.^

Yup yup, I found the code online before they made the outfit free. :)

You can also have the flap open variant now, too. It looks nice, but still looks like the flap is just painted open to me. :p

11. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well here are some of mine

What my Klingon character did today

Before

[​IMG]

After :evil: (who knew to expose attack on a disruptor rifle could be so useful)

[​IMG]

And some season 2 picks

Here is me fighting an Excelsior-class

[​IMG]

And me taking a look at my warpcore

[​IMG]

12. Noname Given

[​IMG]
    A picture of the new Observation Lounge, where the new First Contact Federation Diplomatic Corps. missions take place;
    (as well as this 'story mission' above the Planet Bajor). And actually, the new FDC missions are a bit more then just
    'click through and complete' as if you do not pay attention and do the 'proper research' you can fail these.
    They are re-takeable, you just loose any progress made.

[​IMG]
    A veiw from the other side of the lounge...

[​IMG]
    A view looking out the porthole windows as I discuss a Cardassian matter with two Cardassian Captains. :)
    (All images resized from 1680X1050 to 640X400 for posting here)

13. di_mar

di_mar Lieutenant Red Shirt

Wow. I am really glad I have decided to download the demo (it's taking ages to download on my computer lol). Does STO run okay on a laptop of 2Gb Ram and 120Gb of hardrive? I know, when I first bought it, I suppose it wasn't the best choice for gaming. But that wasn't my original intention. lol.

14. Noname Given

What are the specs (ie CPU type and speed; and the video chipset)? <----- These are what will determine if/how well STO will run for you on it.

Also, STO really uses our hardware, meaning your CPU and video chipset will run HOT; and laptops generally are not the best choice for games like this because they can overheat; so if you don't have a laptop cooling tray (and the game does run for you and you want to continue with it); you'll want to get one.

15. di_mar

Yeah, I now realise that laptops are the WORST for gaming. I remember trying to run sims. My laptop virtually blew up. But, I have freed up some space on my C: drive. I have 117GB on it. I originally only had 10GB free. I have managed to uninstall ST:Legacy and have freed up 30G. Dunno whats hogging the rest, though.. :/

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7000M
    Processor: Amd Athlon 64x2 Dual-Core processor TK-57, ~1.9Ghz

Is that the info necessary?

Am looking into a cooling tray.. I am quite worried about my laptop at the moment. For about 6 months, when it's working hard, my fan makes a really loud and annoying noise. I've tried looking up what to do to get rid of it.. so far, no luck.

16. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

Might just depend on the laptop itself. Mine works fine for gaming. (STO, SC2, WOW)

17. di_mar

Really? How much RAM does it have? Wouldn't mind a laptop like that..
    Patch has nearly finished downloading... I hope Cryptic don't release too many patches within a few days.. my bandwith wouldn't be able to stand it, I don't think.

18. Kaziarl

Processor: AMD Turion II Dual-Core
    Ram: 6gm

It's not top of the line, but I think it was a pretty good deal for $600 (not sure what that is in pounds.)

19. Noname Given

I hate to say this, but, the minimun spec GPU for STO is a 7950GT. In comparing the specs of your 7000M GPU and the 7950GT series:

7000M specs here (link)

7950GT series specs here (link)

I honestly don't think your 7000M will display STO well enough for you to play it on that laptop. :(

I'd say try the demo and see how it runs for you, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't even manage to come up; or if it does, it'll be a slideshow. Good luck.

20. Kaziarl

How does his compare to mine?

AMD M880G, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

I know they are two different brands, but I'm honestly not sure how they compare to each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.