One-time guest stars

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by dub, Jul 20, 2013.

1. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Are there any one-time guest stars who you would have enjoyed seeing again on the series? For me, Harris Yulin who played Marritza was incredible and I would have loved to see him in a recurring role.

[​IMG]

2. _C_

_C_ Commander Red Shirt

James Sloyan, aka Doctor Mora Pol. Technically he was in two episodes, but I would have liked to see more of him. Maybe something like a flashback episode dealing with Odo's early years.

Oh well, that's what fanfiction is for :p

3. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The only one I could think of was Johnathon Frakes as Thomas Riker. They probably didn't want to do anymore TNG to DS9 characters though after Worf, but it would have been nice to see more of Tom somehow.

4. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Technically he was in three episodes, but I'll go with Lawrence Pressman as Tekeny Ghemor. Wish we had more episodes with him.

Also The Wadi from Move Along Home. We only see the species once. They seemed quite unusual and could have been used again I think.

5. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Three?? What am I missing here?

Sorry, long day at a b-day party and had a few beers, not as clear in the head as I should be. ;)

6. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

I have two: John Fleck as Koval ("Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges") and Sarah MacDonnell as Lieutenant Neeley ("Rocks and Shoals"). Fleck did appear as two other characters in DS9, but Koval was his most significant role and the one I wish he'd have had a chance to reprise.

--Sran

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Frank Lagella in the Cricle Trilogy (true it was 3 episodes but 1 story) as Minister Jaro Essa.

8. datagal

datagal Admiral Admiral

Steven Weber also starred in The Circle trilogy as a Bajorian commander (The Siege).

9. Roboturner913

Roboturner913 Commander Red Shirt

-Iggy Pop as a Vorta in 'The Magnificent Ferengi". This would've been very do-able if they had wanted to since Vortas were all clones anyway.

-Saved by the Bell's Lark Voorhies, who was a romantic interest for Jake. I believe that was the episode where he and Nog went on a double date.

-The guy who played Buck Bokai in "If Wishes Were Horses." It was a pretty good performance and would've been neat to see the Siskos playing baseball with him on the holodeck in a little scene later on.

-the guy who played Senator Vreenak "In the Pale Moonlight". Of course, he died, so....

-Brian Keith (Hardcastle and McCormick) as the Bajoran farmer in "Progress". Great performance.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  10. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Our good Captain may be referring to the fact that Pressman was in three episodes, even though Tekeny was only in two. LP also played Krajensky in The Adversary.

11. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lek. He was technically in two episodes, but was just basically a generic background character in one. The concept of a Ferengi eliminator fascinated me, and it was played very convincingly. Almost broke the Ferengi out of their stereotypical mold.

12. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah, ofcourse. I was thinking of character, not actor. :)

13. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I did mean "actor" in my initial post, but it's all good! :techman: Yulin's character was killed, but I would have enjoyed seeing the actor again in a recurring role.

14. doctorfoto

doctorfoto Commodore Commodore

#1 ->PEL<- Especially after the female liberation story arc.

#2 The Young Jem'Hadar Odo "raised" who went back to the Dominion

#3 TOSK. Any Tosk... but I'd prefer THE Tosk.

#4 Laas. Ashamed he was introduced so late in the series. He had an interesting point of view and it would have been cool to see if he managed to form a new alternative Great Link.

15. Lt. Cheka Wey

Lt. Cheka Wey Commander

16. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I would have liked to see more of Arjin(?), the Trill initiate. I'll also second Pel.

17. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Or at least his fake sideburns could have come back! They carried the episode.