My battle damaged TOS USS Constellation AMT Model Kit

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by daedalus5, Jul 27, 2014.

1. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

Do you know when you think you know something (like a starship registry number) and then you go and check, and confirm you're right, and then go and put down the wrong bloomin' thing??? Well, I did it. I mixed up my NCC-1017 with NCC-1710. Doh!

I had a shit with Decal stick, which does indeed help to blend in the decals over bumpy bits. However, it makes some of the area "shiny" which is a shame.

Anyways, I got this model kit when I bought another fan's collection off of him. I'm not a fan of the original TOS Enterprise, so I decided to mangle it a bit with some matches and used a cooker lighter to do some "doomsday machine" type effects. I was really pleased with the look and this is now one of my favorite models.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Could be still the right NCC# as a Replacement ship for the NCC-1071 unless there is a canon ship seen or mentioned with NCC-1710

3. Mycroft Maxwell

Mycroft Maxwell Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

looks great dude. At least you found something to do with those crappy inaccurate models. Its accurate to the constellation because it was just a crappy inaccurate model kit.

4. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

^^^^]
    Agreed, the moulds looked all over the place and the joints required a lot of PU glue to bung up!

(I have tried to edit my first post, where I have written "I had a shit with Decal stick" - I of course meant a "shot with decal stick") For some reason, it won't let me edit the initial thread again.

If I ever get another one of these models, I will go for a kit bash, single nacelle under the saucer model.