Gaming Deals

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PKerr, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The new price for The Saboteur is $20, though some stores are slower than others to change the price.

2. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

A bit late now but did anyone else spot the short term Rockstar deals on Steam? I got GTA 1,2,3, Vice City & San Andreas bundled for under a fiver! A pitty that I can't get GTA III or VC to work! Gah! San Andreas works great though, thankfully.

4. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Anybody who missed Aliens Vs predator first time round can now get the on PS3/360/PC for the bargain price of £17.95 delivered.

Aliens Vs predator

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Incidentally, does anyone else here have the old GTAs on XP? I can't figure out why only San Andreas is working. With Vice City it gets as far as this little intro movie and then I get an "error" window full of code but I can't copy it to clip board as it just freezes until I CtrlAlltDel and cancel the process. I've googled around but can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem.

6. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Have you tried running it in compatability mode?

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yes and no joy. I wouldn't expect that to work anyway, GTA 1 & 2 are old so I'd expect problems with them but 3 & VC aren't that old and I am running XP, not Vista or W7. Plus the system requirements say I should be OK. All I can think of is a graphics card/driver incompatibility but since the card is newer than the game it's hard to say.

8. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Maybe your graphics card is too new. I actually ran into this problem when I picked up the fallout classic games on steam. They just won't work right now matter what I do

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Possibly. Oh well, £5 for just San Andreas is still a good deal. ;)

Incidentally, I think there is a patch you can get for the old Fallout games, I know for sure I somehow managed to get them both to work on my laptop.

10. PKerr

Amazon is now giving a $20.00 gift card with the pre-order of Red Dead Redemption http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001SH7YMG/ref=oss_product The original pre-order price was $56.99 and had a $10.00 gift card. The Price is now back to $59.99 so I'm assuming folks that had the price locked in at $56.99 will save that extra $3.00 as well. I actually used a $10.00 gift card from another game so mine was $46.99 and now with the $20.00 gift card it makes it a awesomely sweet deal. Amazon rocks!!!

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I noticed that $20 gift card thing with Halo Reach as well. And Crackdown 2 had a $10 one.

12. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Gamestop is selling Fallout 3 new for $16. Might be time for me to actually play it.

13. Aragorn

Game Crazy is going out of business. If one hasn't already closed down near you, they should start liquidating in the next couple weeks.

14. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

KMart has a bunch of games on sale online and in-store:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PS3, Xbox360) for $29.99
    Bayonetta (PS3, Xbox360) for $29.99
    Alien vs Predator (PS3, Xbox360) for $29.99
    Nier (PS3, Xbox360) for $44.99
    Final Fantasy XIII (PS3, Xbox360) for $29.99
    Darksiders (PS3, Xbox 360) for $29.99
    Metro 2033 (Xbox 360) for $29.99

I haven't stepped foot in a KMart store in decades, but I had to pick up Bayonetta online at that price. $0.99 shipping too!

Deal ends on 5/10.

15. PKerr

Retailer Amazon.com this week price cut Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox Live 12-Month Gold Card to under $35 in a new sale.

In addition, it price cut the the Xbox 360 Wireless N Adapter held a discount price of $77.92, down from the $99.99 MSRP.

Finally, the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller was discounted to under $27.

Microsoft in Mar. began sale of the Xbox 360 Elite Spring 2010 Bundle.
    In May it will sell the new Xbox 360 Arcade Spring 2010 bundle.

16. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Sweet! I'm in dire need of a new 360 controller. My old ones are rather beat up from overuse. :lol:

17. Aragorn

Right now Gamestop.com has a coupon for $25 off $100 (25DEAL) or $20 off $80 which expires May 14 (20OFF80). Code SAVER gives you free value shipping and you can stack the two codes.

As of this moment, they have some bargain deals for brand new titles, including:

God of War III - $35
    Uncharted 2 - $40
    Dante's Inferno (PS3 or 360) - $35
    Bioshock 2 (360) - $25
    Bioshock 2 (PC) - $20
    Mass Effect 2 (360) - $40
    MAG - $30

18. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Portal = Free on Steam for a while to celebrate their Mac launch or something. What's a better deal than FREE?!?!?

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  19. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice. I am going to download steam for my Mac later! I hope they release the other source engine games: I have copies of HL1&2 that I would like to crack open again.

20. PKerr