Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Lonely Horse

Lonely Horse Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello everyone! Big Voyager fan over here!

The show might not be perfect, but growing up watching the show I suppose to me Star Trek = Janeway and her crew. Just recently found out about TrekBBS while searching up random thoughts I had such as "what if the original Voyager crew survived?". At one point, I was so into the show I started writing personnel files for all the extras!

Sidenote: I love Mess Hall Manager Chell :bolian:.

Odonna and Thomas Eugene like this.
  2. cosmic mouse

cosmic mouse Commodore Commodore

Coffee sounds awesome! Monday morning, enjoy route to work, and haven't had any yet. :wtf:

Thomas Eugene likes this.
  3. cosmic mouse

Blast, that should read "en route" to work... my auto correct needs coffee as well

4. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

Started watching Voyager, I'm only 5 episodes in but man do Janeway, Torres and the Doctor have chips on their shoulders.

Odonna likes this.
  5. Iseult

Iseult Ensign Red Shirt

Jocelyn from California, but living in the UK. Thanks to my mom I grew up loving and watching Star Trek. One of my favorite memories as a kid is camping out in line with my mom to get tickets for a few of the movies.

Voyager is easily my favorite series. It had such a good run but I do wish there was more.

cosmic mouse and Thomas Eugene like this.
  6. Iseult

Iseult Ensign Red Shirt

Hey I'm an A's fan too :)

And trust me, you'll end up loving the Doctor.

7. species 13667

species 13667 Cadet Newbie

Have been a long time fan of Voyager, for me, with it's excellent scripts, plots & characters it is by some margin the finest Star Trek series to date.

Currently watching the series again after a 15 year gap, if anything, i'm enjoying it more now than I ever did at the time of it's original release. Twisting & turning plot lines, excellent character formation & above all, an addictive quality quite unlike modern day offerings. It improved series on series too, which is always a good sign of quality writing.
    Have just finished watching the episode where the doc wakes to find the crew long gone 600 years earlier, a superb episode. Looking forward to the rest.

8. Thomas Eugene

Thomas Eugene Commodore Commodore

Hello Newbies (and Oldies :D). Have fun on these fora. And feel free to talk about anything VOY. Most of us can't get enough of discussing Janeway and her crew's adventures! And don't forget to occasionally have a coffee, too. It'll help you come up with new ideas re the show. Enjoy your stay here! :D

Iseult likes this.
  9. Mapper

Mapper Ensign Red Shirt

I very much enjoyed it when it first came out, thank goodness BBC America has a whole night of Voyager

Refuge likes this.
  10. lee249

lee249 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello everybody :D

Having been a lifelong fan of StarTrek, mainly VOY (I'm 30 btw) haha. I just literally can never get enough of this amazing series! I've probably seen each episode atleast 4 or 5 times over. I'm constantly looking to spot things that i've never seen before. Something i had the unfortunate task of missing on every other occasion.

I love seeing the introduction of various species and major foes in which the crew are forced to out smart to survive. Whenever foes such as Kazon, Krenim, Hyrogen, Malon, Borg etc appear i'm like 'i know which eps and how these stories are gonna pan out'

It's also fascinating watching how each character develops series on series. We get to 'explore' them better as the show progresses. New characters are introduced and lesser known, but loveable characters leave.

There were hair-raising moments like coming close to breaking the prime directive. Janeway actually broke it in the opener when they destroyed the Caretaker array. This has been argued on so many levels.

Apologies with me rambling. "it's good to be here" ;)

cosmic mouse likes this.
  11. Captain Marunong

Captain Marunong Cadet Newbie

Hello everyone! ? Newbie here!

cosmic mouse likes this.
  12. Thomas Eugene

Thomas Eugene Commodore Commodore

Welcome. Live long and ... enjoy the adventures of Janeway and her crew! :biggrin:

Captain Marunong likes this.
  13. the vet

the vet Lieutenant Red Shirt

Currently on a binge watch after renewing my Netflix subscription, so a big hello to everybody!

Catarina and Thomas Eugene like this.
  14. GeekUSACarl

GeekUSACarl The Last Starfighter Fleet Captain

I've run through Voyager three or so times since watching it on TV and was never a huge fan, I'm running through the first couple seasons now, again, and it's a lot better than I remember.

cosmic mouse and Thomas Eugene like this.
  15. Rachel88

Rachel88 Ensign Newbie

Hello, I'm new around here.
    Recently I finished re-watching TNG on blu-ray. I know it may seem sacrilegious to some, but personally I have found that the series doesn't hold up after all these years.
    It's not the effects or the acting, it's the storytelling. It isn't compelling as I once found it. Perhaps it's because I'm older and the stories are familiar, perhaps it's because TV has progressed so far; I'm not sure.

I still love voyager though. In fact it is my favourite ST series.

I've heard that it will never re remastered due to the low rendering of the visual effects. My question (sorry for my ignorance) is: Would it be so bad if CBS just remastered the live action photography and left the effects alone? Sure it would look great, but wouldn't it be better than nothing, and reasonably cheap?

Thomas Eugene and cosmic mouse like this.
  16. cosmic mouse

I only watched season 1 of TNG back when it aired in the 80s, and I am curious if I will feel the same way. I'm probably going to try to watch TNG after I finish VOY.
    And I read the same thing that you did about VOY not making it to blu ray because of the remastering involved. I think the studio lost money on the TNG set due to the cost of this actually. I hope they release VOY someday though since I agree with you on it being awesome (can't say the best since I haven't seen the other series, save TOS, yet).

...and welcome! I'm pretty much a newbie too. :bolian:

17. Rachel88

Rachel88 Ensign Newbie

As I understand it, when they remastered TNG they had to reedit everything and even redo a number of effect shots. Obviously this was extremely expensive.
    However, I'm proposing that in the case of voyager, CBS not redo any of the effects shots, or reediting. They simply put a larger less compressed HD version of the show on disc while retaining the low rez effects work.

I'm sure that the result will be jarring, but it would be nice to see the actors and sets in HD.

Thanks for the welcome!

18. Gage Darrow

Gage Darrow Cadet Newbie

Hello I am new here and started watching Voyager about a year ago. I watched one episode and said " Maybe I will watch just one more episode." I'm still saying "one more couldn't hurt." I'm now addicted to VOY. I'm now reading the STAR TREK COUNTDOWN graphic novel. Anyway, greetings. P.S. I'm known to ramble. If I start rambling just tell me and I will stop.

19. DavidHill

DavidHill Ensign Red Shirt

Hi)

I'm new to the board and finally joined after months of lurking.

Catarina and Thomas Eugene like this.
  20. Refuge

Refuge Vice Admiral Admiral

Hi!