If you were on the Enterprise D, what would you do?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Mars, Sep 11, 2012.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Excellent!

Can we exterminate the Bajorans first?

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Oooo, hang out with Moriarty on the holodeck.

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Terran Empire is an equal oppurtunity oppressor. We don't sow fear and destruction towards any one group. We sow fear and destruction to all groups equally.

4. teacake

Well okay BUT.. we can't be equal all at once. Someone has to be made an example of to send the right message.

5. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lets start with all of those mysterious little robots that have invaded Mars. They're just rolling around everywhere; blasting rocks.

6. teacake

No we need stuff that bleeds. Maybe smashing robots into unusable circuits bothers certain people on this forum but it's not an effective fear motivator for average folk.

7. Mars

Mars Commander Red Shirt

You could use the replicators to make diamonds and sell them for real money, why break the law if you don't have to? There is no law against replicating diamonds, they are just as real diamonds as any other diamonds, they are just a form of carbon after all.

8. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

well either replicating money, or replicating diamonds... either way you're going to do some serious damage to the world economy... as screwed up as it is right now, it could go a lot worse if people just started dumping a few hundred kilograms of diamonds onto it...

M

9. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why would you need money? You have replicators.

10. sojourner

Because flashing large amounts of cash to buy things is gangsta. Replicating things you want is boring.

11. Jeffery_Tubes

Jeffery_Tubes Lieutenant Red Shirt

Find the nearest corner, crawl up into a ball and sob like a baby.

12. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What I would do, is ask. What ship it was? What happen to it crew? And, why was I beam on board?
    Then I would order the computer to set course for the nearest star system at warp 7. I would move the ship to keep any Earth governments from sending a man spaceship up and try to board the ship. One thing you don't want, is to have someone during this time period to get a hold of a Federation ship like the Enterprise.

13. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Ship's phasers on stun, and put the entire middle east to sleep until they can behave themselves.

14. teacake

Right, because there is still a middle east in the 24th century.

15. sojourner

^Who added the 24th century to the scenario?

16. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

I would mine the Enterprise for technology and bring it to Earth, what I introduced (and didn't) would be pretty subjective on my part admittedly. Medical advances would come first. Followed closely by power production technology, not antimatter, but working fusion reactor designs that could be reproduced on Earth. See if the Enterprise's life support technology could be up-scaled to clean the environment, have it available to industrial plants so that their discharge would be environmentally neutral. Cheap water desalinization.

Phaser technology to disintegrate land fills, nuclear and toxic waste. As much as possible, deliberately make phaser tech "bulky" to slow it's introduction onto battlefields (wouldn't stop it in time).

Stuff in the main computer memory would be historically interesting.

:)

17. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Too many things to list and some I'd not even want to... :P

Although I think the first thing anyone should do is make sure the ship isn't going to fall out of orbit or warp core breech... lol.

Oddly enough, this is a recurring fantasy. Although I usually go with the 1701-E and get their via Q deciding to have some fun by giving a 21st century human such an advanced thing and see what happens. :D

18. ngc7293

ngc7293 Commander Red Shirt

This sounds like another thread....

Am I a trekkie(or trekker as the case may be) with all the knowledge of the trek universe that I have seen? If not, I get beamed aboard a strange ship. I wander around a lot and probably starve to death because I don't know how anything works.
    However, if I am a trekkie/er, I would know which ship or station I am on judging by the consoles. I wouldn't have a clue as to how to get myself beamed back home (seeing as how it was probably a transporter malfunction anyway). I would go to 10 forward/mess hall and get something to eat/drink. Then I would find my way down to Engineering where I would find out the warp core was in danger of a breach which I could not stop even if I was an engineer (hence the lack of people) I go to the shuttle bay and lo and behold there is a warp shuttle there for me that can fly on auto pilot. I somehow tell the the computer to let me out before the core breaches and it believes me and I get away just before boom. Now, why Red Alert wasn't sounding while I was getting someing to eat is beyond me.

19. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd smile and enjoy the fact that I *finally* had a worthwhile TNG dream. ;)

Can't answer to "but if it really happened", because it wouldn't. The Enterprise would never be deserted unless it was abandoned for catastrophic reasons or a barium sweep. Or... "Q" somehow took an interest in my petty little life and decided to have some fun, cloning a fully functional Enterprise D and putting me on it, like a rat in a maze. :crazy:

20. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

Baryon, not Barium...though a Barium sweep sounds highly unpleasant for its own reasons. :)