The Seven Deadly Sins Character Match-Up

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Qutluch, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Qutluch

Qutluch Commander Red Shirt

Shatnertage (who I know IRL) and I were just discussing which main characters we could match to the Seven Deadly Sins (Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Envy, and Gluttony). We are a little torn with Gluttony and Greed, but I think we have a good list for the rest. By the way, Shatnertage says "Hi" to everyone!

Lets see your lists!!

Here is my partial list:
    Pride-Janeway
    Envy-Kim
    Sloth-Chakotay
    Lust-The Doctor (Shatnertage said this would make sense once I get further into the series;I am only half-way through Season 2).
    Gluttony/Greed-Neelix will fit into one of these, but I have not decided which yet. I could also see Tuvok for Greed because of his thirst for knowledge...

2. Violet.Phoenix

Violet.Phoenix Commander Red Shirt

I agree with you on Janeway, Harry, Chakotay and Neelix, but I would match Lust with Tom as he always seemed to have an eye for the women. I think that Pride could also be matched to The Doctor, as he does have a bit of an ego and believes himself to be superior with the vast medical knowledge within his database.

I'm not too sure where to categorize Tuvok, honestly. Greed, perhaps, in terms of the knowledge. I think that Anger could easily be matched with B'Elanna (and you will learn more about that as you watch more of the series).

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I assume you're familiar with the recent anthology, Star Trek: Seven Deadly Sins, which matches up various Star Trek aliens to the various sins?

Pride: Romulans
    Greed: Ferengi
    Envy: Cardassians
    Wrath: Klingons
    Lust: Mirror Universe
    Gluttony: Borg
    Sloth: Pakleds

4. Qutluch

No, I will have to take a look at it thanks!

5. Qutluch

I thought Paris for lust too! Pride could go either way. I think Janeway makes bad decisions sometimes because she is too prideful (Ex. Death Wish), but the Doc is a great choice too!

6. Violet.Phoenix

Yeah, even being the huge Janeway fan that I am, there are some of her decisions that are just bad.

I love the Doc, but it's pretty hard to deny his ego :rommie:

7. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's a certain character that will be introduced later on in your Voyager run who would, despite their unique outfit, be a good fit for gluttony if you call it gluttony for knowledge and perfection.

As for Pride... the Doc beats Janeway. But Janeway can take Wrath... you still haven't seen her more questionable decisions yet. ;)

The rest are good comparisons. Paris for Lust, Kim for Ensign Envy and Chakotay? Oh that guy in the background? I figured he was the janitor who just didn't do anything... well that works for Sloth too! ;)

8. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Definitely the Doc for pride!

And Lust for Mirror Universe, :lol: So amusing to admit the utter cheese of it.

9. R. Star

Considering how often people die in the Mirror Universe, I always figured the Lust there was just a survival mechanism. To maintain the population they have to be going at it like rabbits. ;)

10. teacake

But they do it evil-ly.

11. Qutluch

I can see the Doc for Pride, I'll be swayed that way, but what will Janeway fit then? Oh, and I forgot my Wrath: B'Elanna!

12. Bob Karo

Bob Karo Captain Captain

I think Janeway could go either way. Still, it seemed to me most of her actions that could be described as "Wrath" have their origins in "Pride." The show itself seemed to punish characters for questioning her, even when she made bad decisions.

13. BirdInJetstream

BirdInJetstream Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think superbia in the sense of arrogance (in pointing out to be superior on many occasions) more than pride applies also a little to Tuvok. I wouldn't say he is always free from it.
    [​IMG]
    Neelix: offer
    Tuvok: nonverbal decline
    [​IMG]
    Distraction
    [​IMG]
    Neelix: quick action - success - retreat
    [​IMG]
    Tuvik: realisation
    [​IMG]
    Tuvok: annoyance

14. teacake

That's great!!

Also look at loincloth man in the background of the bottom two pics, doesn't he look ridiculous?

15. R. Star

And people ask me why I think Neelix is a jerk. :p

16. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Wrath, thy name is Janeway.

(wait till you see Equinox)

17. teacake

WRATH, THY NAME IS JANEWAY

(love it lurok!)

[​IMG]

18. Alpha Flyer

Alpha Flyer Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, lust also *occasionally* applies to B'Elanna (wait til you see "Bloodfever" in Season 3, and "Scientific Method" in Season 4 ...

As for Greed, I agree it's hard to place on a ship where everything is rationed. But there are moments ... such as Kes in "Elogium" or the Doc in "Body and Soul".

Actually, come to think of it, I think the Doc kinda covers them all at some time or another (including Wrath, in "Darkling")! :-)

19. R. Star

Tuvix qualifies as wrath.

20. Violet.Phoenix

Perfect! :guffaw:

On another note, I'd agree that there is a certain degree of pride within Tuvok's character, but I think that can also apply to Chakotay, as he often displayed a great pride towards his heritage (though I would credit this as being shown in a more positive light). Neelix, well, I would say that the only sin he really possesses is being loquacious :lol:. He's just an opportunist.