The unofficial Rock Band thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aragorn, May 30, 2008.

1. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Lacuna Coil = Win. Maybe I'll buy a guitar now.

2. mrcoaster

mrcoaster Fleet Admiral Admiral

Love the new setlist, love the features, etc. RB2 is going to be great! Hell, RB is great. We have tons of DLC, too. So we've been playing a good variety of stuff for a while and will double our music library very soon (I think we are at around 180 songs or so right now?).

As for the RB1 Disc Export feature, supposedly it would only be a couple of bucks (totally worth it to me), and will include most songs. I would imagine that there are rights/licensing issues with a couple of songs as far as exporting them go, so hopefully we will find out soon what can't be exported.

I'm leaning toward getting the game only and buying either the ION kit or the MadCatz kit that's coming, but I want to see the reviews first. If I'm not thrilled with those, I may just buy the bundle or the new drums individually.

3. mrcoaster

mrcoaster Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now that Activision has announced that RB peripherals will work with GH:World Tour, we'll probably get that one, too. Just to play some of the stuff we like that RB doesn't have. I'm sure we'll still far prefer playing with RB.

Looks like there may be a couple of tracks that won't be able to be exported from the RB 1 disc due to licensing issues. One of them has to be "Train Kept A Rollin'" - not really a loss at all in my eyes.

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Songs for the week of July 20:

Nine Inch Nails 3-pack
    "Burn"
    "Capital G"
    "Last"

Shinedown
    "Devour"
    "Junkies For Fame"

5. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

No Aerosmith songs being moved over I guess... but weirdly, Metallica will be in RB2.

What's funny is that apparently the Rock Band drums will work with GH4. Maybe Activision is learning to be friendlier... or maybe they'll have constant reminders during the gameplay: "This would be so much cooler with official GH:WT drums, bitch!"

The only problem with Rock Band is that now I will have to get the hard drive addon. Almost makes me wish I bought the PS3 version.

6. Aragorn

Downloads for the week of July 27:

Scars on Broadway - "They Say"
    Staind - "This is It"
    Testament - "Electric Crown"

The New No. 2 - "Yomp" (99 cent title)

7. Messianni

Messianni Commodore Commodore

Wow, that new set list for Rock Band 2 looks wonderful! Dream Theater, Smashing Pumpkins, Journey, Bob Dylan, Metallica, Megadeth and Talking Heads even?

Too awesome. I don't have RB1 and even though I really want to buy it, it sounds like I'm better off just being patient and waiting for RB2 then buying a used copy of RB1 on the cheap to get those songs as well.

Patience sucks.

8. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've just got into RB over the last couple of days at a friends house. Never played any of the Guitar Hero games, but I've been really enjoying RB (been playing on guitar, I suck at drums). I'm gutted that there isn't a PS3 version available in the UK as I definitely would have bought one this week. I'm hoping RB2 gets a PS3 release over here, because even though there are some cracking songs on RB, the song list for RB2 looks awesome.

9. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably even better off just renting RB1 and ripping the songs.

10. Messianni

Messianni Commodore Commodore

Didn't think of that, good point!

I do have a question. Supposedly the instruments for RB2 are supposed to be way better than the RB1 controllers (better guitar, quieter drums, etc). Does anyone knows if they're that much better to wait until September and paying full price versus just picking up a used set of RB1 controllers on craigslist or something?

PS Didn't see the Alice in Chains song on there too. Even better!

11. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

IMO, you are better off getting a GHIII guitar than a RB one. However, I would wait to see if they sell the RB2 drum separately. If not, I would just wait.

12. firehawk12

I still think that the Rock Band guitars are better. Either way, now's probably the worst time to get any new hardware since Rock Band 2 is close to coming out and GH:WT will feature new guitars.
    If you want to play now, just grab something cheap.

13. Aragorn

Songs for the week of August 3:

Crue Fest 3-Pack 02
    Buckcherry - "Rescue Me"
    Motley Crue - "Face Down in the Dirt"
    Sixx AM - "Life is Beautiful"

Also:
    System of a Down - "B.Y.O.B."
    System of a Down - "Toxicity"

14. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

The Rock Band guitars may be better, I haven't tried one, but they have one drawback. They aren't compatible with Guitar Hero whereas Guitar Hero guitars are compatible with Rock Band. Now, both sides are saying their guitars will work with each other in future and there was that mystery patch I received when I started when I played GHIII last night, but if you want a guitar that will play everything then go with a GH one.

15. firehawk12

Red Octane pretty much confirmed that the instruments will be cross compatible, to the point where they are changing the game to support the Rock Band drums which has one fewer pad.

16. Aragorn

Downloads for the week of Aug. 10:

Roadrunner six-pack:
    Megadeth – "Sleepwalker"
    Machine Head – "Aesthetics Of Hate"
    Killswitch Engage – "My Curse"
    Dream Theater – "Constant Motion"
    DevilDriver – "Clouds Over California"
    Airbourne – "Runnin’ Wild"

$0.99 each (80 points) or $5.99 (480 points) for the pack.

17. firehawk12

More cheap songs! Yay!

18. Aragorn

This info is being passed around on all the bargain sites, but if you have a Guitar Center near you, supposedly you might be able to get the Rock Band bundle (360 or PS3) for $100 and the PS2 bundle for $70.

And all versions of Guitar Hero III (I assume it's the guitar bundle) for $40.

19. Aragorn

Songs for the week of Aug. 17

160 points/$1.99
    Devo - "Girl U Want"
    Devo - "Through Being Cool"
    Duran Duran - "Girls on Film"
    Duran Duran - "Rio"

80 points/$0.99
    The Janitors - "Get Your Rock On"

20. firehawk12