Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ I never knew that.

2. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^And now you know and knowing is half the battle...

[​IMG]

3. Captaindemotion

^ Indeed. You learn something new every day.

Of course, given that Obi-Wan gets into fights in bars in ANH and AOTC, Crowe would be a pretty obvious choice, come to think of it...

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That is an interesting description of Jor-El's armour if it is true...kind of a regal warrior look they seem to be going which is interesting. I really can't wait to start seeing concept art work in the coming months as well as a poster! We're probably a ways a way from our first teaser poster.

5. Captaindemotion

^ Sounds not unlike the Krptonian battle armour that's appeared in the comics.

6. Admiral_Young

Indeed. That's precisely what I was thinking when I read the description. Oooh my anticipation for this film continues to increase.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Just hope it's not green and purple battle armor.

8. Admiral_Young

^ LOL...the description didn't say that and as far as we know Lex is not in the movie...so far..

9. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

How? I think a lot of 80s films had decent effects, given the computing power at the time. Maybe Bizarro, with Christopher Reeve playing a triple role, could have worked. The prosthetics of the time could have pulled it off. Reeve had the acting skills to do it, that I don't doubt.

10. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

What is the plot of the movie? Have any details been released?

Whether this new Zod would hold a candle to Terence Stamp, well if he does all the good:lol:. Stamp's aristocratic/aloof performance made it key IMO.

11. Admiral_Young

The official plot of the film has not been released yet (which is the same deal with "The Dark Knight Rises" and most likely won't for a while, all we have currently are internet rumours and reported casting call sheet synopsis (that wasn't actually confirmed IIRC).

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know, that's possible - but computers and computer games were so just so trendy (and newly merchandisable) in the early 1980s that it's just as possible the entire storyline was driven by the thought that being "with it" was good box office. You look at other popcorn movies of the time, like WarGames or TRON, and you see some of the same "parallel thinking" that you still see in the movie business now.

13. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

14. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Michael Shannon small interview:)

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/09/30/man-of-steel-michael-shannon-amazed-by-alien-world-sets/

15. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Oh god, no!

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^huh? He's written some of the best scores ever.

17. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but they probably would want a different feel altogether for a reboot. Probably a minimalist score. Batman's 'theme' music in the recent films, for example, is like three notes, and that's it. and joker's theme is, uh, one note. Still very effective.

The problem is that our culture has almost beyond memorable themes

18. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

As it was in the 70s before composers like Williams and Goldsmith helped bring them back into favor. Looks like it's time for a new musical renaissance. :cool:

19. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah. Michael Giacchino's work on 'Star Trek' was a good start in the right direction. I can't imagine Superman without a big fanfare.

20. Admiral_Young

The good news is that Tyler Bates, Snyder's frequent collaborator has been fairly busy as of late with projects so that means we could get someone totally new regarding the composer. I've been personally hoping for John Powell. The other reason that i doubt that the IMDB thing about Williams is real is because they have stated that they are going for a complete separation from the previous films with this movie.