The Hair

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by serpi, Feb 22, 2014.

1. serpi

serpi Cadet Newbie

So I've Switched Voyager on in the background while I do other things and I've been reminded of Janeways ever changing hair and its brought up a curious thought for me. Does the Doctor cut everyones hair on the ship?

I dunno it just amused me to think that the Doctor might have people traipsing in and out for haircuts or even the idea of having tp book a time with him to get a trim.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugakpz7hNAI[/yt]

3. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I seem to recall a bolian doing peoples hair on TNG so maybe bolians have a knack for such things (being bald, they may take pleasure in it)

In which case.....Chell?

4. teacake

You stick your head in the sonic hair device and tell it what you want. WOOOOOSH it's done.

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Maybe Tom Paris, being a fan of old movies and tv shows, created a hologram program for Floyd's Barber Shop in Mayberry, North Carolina, as featured on The Andy Griffith Show. The barber shop was also briefly seen in TOS: City on the Edge of Forever as Kirk and Edith walk past it on a night out. Floyd's might explain some of those 60s style haircuts some of the Starfleet men seem to be sporting.

6. teacake

MELAKON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Melakon

Yeah, it's me. Most of my absence was my annual seasonal depression, but it's been going a bit longer than I expected this time. And then my hard drive crashed. I'm on my old machine now, which I hadn't used for 4 years. The downside is, I can't watch DVD's on the machine anymore, so I had to buy a dvd player. You'll be glad to know that during my sci-fi buying spree over the last two months, I did get Firefly.

8. teacake

Well then.. WELCOME BACK! Sorry to hear about the depression and the hard drive :(

You were missed. As you can see from this thread nothing has changed round here, though we got a new rug. He's not quite tying the room together though.

So did you watch Firefly?

9. Melakon

I've watched all the Firefly episodes at least twice, the special features, the commentaries, and will have to check the used video store next month to see if they have the Serenity feature, since I don't own a copy of it anymore. I was baffled when I first watched it years ago, because I knew nothing about the show.

I remember you pushing for me to watch it for Christina Hendricks (since I was unaware of her), and she's great in both of her episodes.

I think the boxed set I have (4 disks), may have an Easter Egg of Adam Baldwin singing "The Ballad of Jayne" from "Jaynestown", but I haven't found it yet. I saw "My Bodyguard" when it was released in 1980, which was Adam's first film apparently, when he was 18. I thought he was terrific even then.

10. teacake

Oh well good, I am super happy you liked it! The last people I pushed to watch it couldn't get past a couple episodes and seemed to hate it! And that's one of the few dvd's I've ever watched the commentaries and deleted scenes and all the extras from.

11. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

I was worried about you (and R.Star). Glad you are okay and welcome back! :)

12. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I think its in "Cold Fire" there is a scene where Tuvok is helping hone Kes' abilities and she focuses in on Neelix who was getting a haircut, so they must have some sort of facilities for it--unless its yet another use for the holodeck, a Paris-designed hair salon.

13. QuarkforNagus

QuarkforNagus Lieutenant Red Shirt

They go out on a date and realize that they are cousins.

14. TheGoodStuff

TheGoodStuff Captain Captain

Not to go off topic but this drives me nuts. My G/F does it and it baffles me how they can have a show with plot, dialogue etc running in the background, not really watching it, for atmosphere.

It'd totally kill episodes for me. When I watch, lights get switched off and all focus is on the episode.

That is all. ;)

15. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

I would think it was Chell too. Like Mr. Mott.

16. teacake

Are we typecasting the blue people?!!

17. Melakon

Well, of course! We already know that popular opinion is they don't make good engineers.

18. serpi

serpi Cadet Newbie

19. serpi

serpi Cadet Newbie

I've seen the Voyager episodes a dozen times over and when I'm on the computer I tend to switch something on in the background just for some noise. I usually put on Futurama but I was just in a Voyager mood that day

20. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

For some reason, I thought that the Doctor chose Seven's hair style. Or is it just that he obviously made her hair follicles grow when he took away her Borg implants / revived her human DNA.

Regarding Janeway, I couldn't see her letting the Doctor cut her hair. Perhaps the crew uses a special holodeck program when they want a haircut.