Do you think T'Pol...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Puritan, Nov 12, 2009.

1. KottenFutz

KottenFutz Lieutenant Red Shirt

Captain Kelsey Grammer did it...

So is the issue that they can't go forward in time, or that they can't intentionally go forward in time? You'd have to invent the method, but does that depend on where in time you gain the knowledge to do so? If Trek tech was capable of going forward in time say by the 25th century, would it only be possible then... is it all based on when a reliable method is discovered? If you can go back and forth, but go back and let someone else go forward, does that not count?
    What if another race from another planet was capable of moving forward in time, but did so in Trek's history, maybe about the 20th century, does it count even if Starfleet never knew about it? What about Q?

2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I would think they can't intentionally go forward.(unless they are going back to the future.) Both the Bozeman and the Enterprise-C travelled forward by accident through a temporal rift.

3. Voyagerian

Voyagerian Commander Red Shirt

To jump back to this post, I feel the same way about a potential connection between Young Spock and T'Pol, and have written some fanfic material thusly. T'Pol was a forerunner to him, and especially after T'Pau's appearance in STE, there is a bridge between two families, or, rather, a connecting person. She knew the value of relationships with humans all too well, and I can see her as even a mentor to Sarek in his youth, learning the skills of diplomacy and interstellar poilitics... Granted, he would not be pleased that someone so connected with him supporting his son's 'rebellious' choice-and I am thinking here of TOS- in the Prime Timeline, it's a dynamic, whereas in Abramstrek, Sarek seems 'kinder, gentler', with all honor to Prime S, and Mark L, so, it could be different, at least to some extent, given the scenes we saw. On the topic of other Vulcans surviving, assuming someone didn't mention, I think Tuvok was born on what, the Vulcanis Colony....? I certainly HOPE he's alive in Abramstrek...

4. Guardian Bob

Guardian Bob Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I was hoping for a T'pol cameo in the movie. But I'm not sure if she would be on Earth or Vulcan.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Probably Earth. She doesn't seem to like Vulcan that much anymore. She's spent too much time on Earth or the NX-01. I'm sure she will continue to live on Earth for most of her life.

6. Puritan

Puritan Vice Admiral Admiral

According to Memory Alpha, Tuvok was born in 2264, six years after Star Trek tales place, so he's not even born yet. One would imagine that the destruction of the home world of his species would alter history enough that he would never have been born, but I guess one never knows if the universe will still "fate" him to be born (see Chekov)...

7. Guardian Bob

Guardian Bob Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

But when Trip died whatever BS, she might have went to vulcan to stop her emotional attachment.

8. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, if we can buy that the same people would still be born in the Mirror Universe, which diverged from the Prime Universe ages ago (and don't get me started on all those myriad alternate universes in Trek Lit ;) ), then why not?

9. Cpt Cullison

Cpt Cullison Ensign

If T'pol was on vulcan at the time of the red matter process she may or may have not been on vulcan,now since she is in her early 100's she would most likey be on vulcan

10. Nerys Myk

Is there a law stating all Vulcans over the age of 100 must live on Vulcan?

11. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, yes.

Who knew? :shrug:

:lol:

12. Nerys Myk

I knew Spock was a scofflaw!!!