Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Yeah I really like the flashbacks. Mostly because they are progressing Oliver's backstory. Each builds of the previous one and does not just rehash the same stuff.

I have been wondering if towards the end of his time on the island he is alone. Maybe for months or even a year or longer. In the later bearded Oliver footage he seems completely alone, surviving by himself. I hope we learn that is the case. It would fit with the comics and it would show how he built himself up to the level he was when he was discovered.

2. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

All in all I enjoyed the show this week. It moved at a good pace and put lots of pieces in play. Good intro for Roy. Am I the only one who thinks Felicity is hotter with her glasses on? Glad Laurel didnt get into a fight with Roy although they do keep pushing her abilities to both fight and do the right thing. Ollies mom sure is a piece of work and right now I cant see her making it through the season.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, I half expected Laurel to surprise Roy by going right over the fence like he did.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I had the same impression based on the pilot flashbacks too, but I guess he could have just been hiding out from the bad guys. I'm wondering if they're going to stop them eventually? They seem to be moving the timeline forward at a fairly brisk pace (didn't Slade or Ollie say something about him being there for "months"), so I have to wonder what will happen if the show goes on for 10 seasons? Are they just going to slow things down? Or possibly pull a Lost and switch over to some other type of story telling method?

5. Icemizer

Well now that was what you would call a full episode. Have to give that one a big thumbs up. Even the reveal to Tommy was well handled. Laurel looked horrid in that red dress however. Had I not known who Laurels mom was I would never have recognized her. Almost nothing to hate in this one.

6. Dick Whitman

Stephen Amell is really growing in the role. His reactions to Tommy in the hospital were great.

This show is really impressing me. I think its getting better with each episode.

7. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I really hope they don't kill her off, she's a great character and Susannah Thompson is one of the shows best actors, it would be crazy to write her out this early.

8. Dick Whitman

If they do not kill the character her role will have to be changed. I can not see the current status of Moria trying to undermine, kill Malcolm, why hiding it from her kids lasting too long. Also its going to be equally implausible for the Queens to become one big happy family when all this is revealed to Oliver and Thea. Not to mention the bigger issue of Oliver's own secret. If she survives the show will be radically different next year.

9. Icemizer

I would expect both her and Tommys father to die with Tommy taking up his fathers mantle in the season finale.

10. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Some subtle DC nods in the episode as well. The window sign that side Bludhaven and the place in Tibet where Merlyn Sr met a man who change his view on things (sorry can't remember the name but pretty sure it featured in Final Crisis).

11. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

Let her succeed, kill Tommy's father, let Oliver find out some things but not all of it. They can keep her around, it's not that hard, the audience accepts a lot in comic book shows, look how long they managed to keep Lionel Luthor on Smallville.

12. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Nanda Parbat, which dates back to the 1960s Deadman series.

13. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Felicity learning how to fight was so cute. :adore: Great EP!

14. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow that was jam-packed!

Is it just me or does Malcolm sound like he calls Tommy 'Toby'?

The show seems to really be hitting its stride now and I like all the threads it has set up. This is almost becoming must-see tv for me. The revelation at the end was a bit out there though.

15. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Soon, everyone in Ollie's life is going to know he's the vigilante. The show is moving things along pretty fast.

16. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just want to see some more trick arrows. Yes, including the boxing glove.

17. Dick Whitman

I hope they do not kill Malcolm and have Tommy take his place. The son has none of his father's training and would be a weak villain. Also it's a cliche to have friends become adversaries. I would rather see Tommy killed off. That would have a huge impact on most of the characters.

18. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Ohhh yeah, and what if in some way Green Arrow is responsible, maybe Tommy gets in the way of an arrow meant for Malcolm.

19. Dick Whitman

That would work well.

Also I can not see how Tommy and Oliver as enemies could even work now. Tommy knows his secret. He could expose it anytime he wanted or hire someone to kill. Plus it's Clark vs Lex territory, which is the last thing I hope they do.

20. Icemizer

^Why not they aleady have Chloe and Pete.