I think my girlfriend is a Christian! Advice needed.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MadBaggins, Feb 6, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I have their first LP...Not Of the Body. The track about submitting to the will of Landru was the best one. Wait...come to think of it, they were all like that.

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I heard they have a big problem with hecklers who keep yelling at them to do the gregorian chants. Plus those staffs are a problem because people club each other over the head with them in the mosh pit. I think they even had to cancel the latest Beta III World Tour because of this.

3. cooleddie74

See, if MB's stories were more like this his ratings would be much better. More action. More torn dresses. More people screaming "Festival!!! Festival!!!"

At his current rate we're going to get a complete reboot from square one and with new writers. The state of MB canon and fandom is on the line, people!!!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao9Wxov9lQM&feature=relmfu[/yt]

4. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

What's J.J. up to these days?

5. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

What a silly question. He's designing new shapes for lens flares, of course. Duh!

6. cooleddie74

MadBaggins' stories need lens flare.

There. I said it. But we've all been thinking it. If he cares one whit about his audience he'll listen to us.

7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Your tastes are so shallow cooleddie. MB is wrestling with angels both literally and metaphorically and you're complaining stuff isn't shiny enough.

8. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

That deserves a moment to ponder. Normally, one wrestles with demons: the noble person fights to save himself from going astray. But to wrestle with angels. Hmmm. That would be the opposite, wouldn't it? The ignoble person fights to cast aside all self-restraint so that he can go astray? Fascinating.

9. DonIago

I think you pretty much nailed MB right there.

10. cooleddie74

When the script is this weak, I want to be positively wowed by the special effects. That way I feel like my price of admission wasn't a complete and utter waste. More lens flare! More religious icons hitting one another with folding chairs! More Thames firing a heavy machine gun and defusing atomic bombs before they detonate!

More! More! MORE!

11. teacake

You're the kind of person they made that movie for, aren't you.

12. cooleddie74

I'm just joking about all of that, hun. Of course the story itself is what matters. And the insanely funny Christian wrestling twist is keeping me coming back for more! :drool: I for one can't wait to see what the next awesome chapter is going to bring. I think it'll involve what's-her-name getting scared or blackmailed into not going overseas, a lecture by the one and only Richard Dawkins and some serious, serious sex.

With Thames videotaping it all.

13. MadBaggins

MadBaggins Captain Captain

Well, things haven't been going as great lately. May the 4th of looming on the horizon like a monster that I cannot escape. I think it's probably effecting the way I interact with my girlfriend, as my new "playing it cool" strategy has been failing me lately. I almost lost it with her in an argument over WrestleMania.

I was talking about how excited I was about it when she said she was looking forward to watching it with me. This floored me. Not just that she'd want to watch it with me, but that she'd just assume she was without even asking. I instantly knew what it felt like to be trapped in a relationship and for a moment was almost glad that she was going away. This was really selfish and immature of me and a huge step back from the man I am now. I quickly realized that I should think it's cool that my girlfriend is becoming interested in my main hobby. Still, I always watch WrestleMania with the guys: Thames, Ed-Legs, Shawn and sometimes Mad Dave. We never have girls joining us. Except my half cousin one year, but she's different from normal girls (she has Asperger's.)

I calmed down and asked her why she wanted to watch it. She said she was starting to kind of enjoy wrestling from the few times I'd watched it with her in the room as it was "quite funny" (not sure what she meant there) and she'd been impressed by some of the athletics on the Christian wrestling show I'd worked on, if not the storytelling and overal production. I explained that I usually watched it with the guys. She pointed out that Thames probably wouldn't be there this year and I was forced to agree. I haven't spoken to him since that time he came over with his stupid kids, which is really unusual as we used to speak every day. And Mad Dave is unreliable and wasn't at last year's WrestleMania. That just leaves Shawn and Ed-Legs and Shawn is more Thames' friend...and I don't really want to watch it alone with Ed-Legs. He's weird. It's really annoying as I like to watch with as many people as possible so we can share the bill. But with just me and Ed-Legs we'd both be paying quite a lot. And even if my girlfriend came in would she pay her share or just expect to watch WrestleMania on my dime? Plus I'd have to explain all the storylines to her (she's already confused as to why The Rock is doing a match when he's such a good actor and doesn't need to) and that would distract me.

I had to put my foot down and tell her she couldn't come. But then she just laughed like I was joking! This seems to happen a lot and it's starting to annoy me.

Also things are still progressing slowly with her in one area of our relationship. I don't want to say anymore but I think you know what I mean. It's been a long journey. We've come so close to reaching our "destination" in this "journey" if you know what I mean. But we never quite seem to arrive. It's worrying me, becaues if we're not close in every way by May 4th then I may lose her. And, despite how challenging our relationship can sometimes be, I can't let that happen. I won't let that happen.

14. teacake

There's a pill you can take for that now.

15. cooleddie74

There is no good way for a story to end when it involves this sentence. Did Jeff Foxworthy enter the proceedings and I didn't notice?

16. DonIago

^^Rohypnol?

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

18. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well now, if you can't take your girlfriend to wretle mania, where can you take her?!? :eek:

19. cooleddie74

There's always a local Monster Truck Show. Lots of guys manage to bond with their partners and get some after a Monster Truck Show. Bigfoot crushing a long row of 1991 VW Jettas is like an aphrodisiac to some women. Mind you, lots of beer and a really terrible mullet are usually involved...but how is that really any different from a WrestleMania show?

20. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

This is fucking gold. :lol: