What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Still playing Destiny on PS4, and waiting on getting Advanced Warfare for same.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Assassin's Creed: Unity earlier today. I just finished memory sequence 1.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Also playing "Unity." I picked it up this morning and have been playing it steadily throughout the day. I just finished Memory Sequence 3.

So far...I dunno. I haven't been experiencing the frame rate problems that many people have reported, so there's that. But I'm just kind of getting to a point where these game are all so similar that it's getting kind of redundant. There's really nothing unique about this game, nothing that screams "OMG I'm so excited to be playing this on a NextGen console!"

It looks the same as the rest. In some cases, I actually think the graphics look worse than previous games, and the gameplay is just more of the same.

I don't hate it, but I was hoping for something to set it apart.

4. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

"10,000 NPCs on screen!" Yeah great Ubisoft, almost all of them look identical and they pop in atrociously. Bangup job.

5. martok2112

Playing Destiny and working on my second Exotic Weapon Bounty.

Jeez, I have been really racking up Exotics and Legendaries lately. I've had to put some in my vault for if I decide to make a character in a different class. :)

6. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I beat Parasite Eve today. It was entertaining, and a horror RPG was an interesting idea. It had a few frustrating parts here and there, but overall I liked it. Next up will be Metal Gear Solid 4 for PS3. Its been years since I played it, and having played a bunch of the earlier games now I think I'll get more out of it.

7. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Playing Mario Kart 8 today with the first DLC pack that came active. The new tracks are pretty neat - I especially like the Excitebike Arena aside from those damn dirt patches on the corners. And the little touches they put on the Hyrule Circuit where all the coins are now rupees and the item boxes have the "opening a treasure chest" sound to them.

So far I've just been using Link with the Master Cycle. He just looks so damn happy with every jump and boost. :lol:

8. martok2112

At one point, for MGS4, there was an interactive encyclopedia you could put on your PS3 that went into all the details of the Metal Gear universe up to that point....it made for some interesting reading. :)

9. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

The entire Wing Commander series was on sale for 50 percent off on gog.com so I shelled out.

I'm playing WC 1 right now and it's great fun. I've also come to realize its been 10 years since I played a space combat sim and I stink.

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Waiting for Grand Theft Auto V for the PS4 to show up!

11. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

finally finished playin call of duty advance warfare,it meant to be a great game,didnt like it that much.

12. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

I love that track too :). It's really fun to race on it.

Been playing Smash and Heart Gold lately. Along with some Tomodatchi Life. So hyped for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. This Friday can't come soon enough!

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Halo: TMMC Limited Edition arrived last night, fiancé and I got to play through "Pillar of Autumn" and "Halo". Can't wait till we get to Halo 2, the remastered footage I've seen so far looks breathtaking (dat cutscene CGI money).

Also looking forward to watching Halo: Nightfall on the Halo Channel.

14. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Posted Destiny back yesterday, it was doing my head in. The always online even when playing single player, so I couldn't pause to answer the phone or whatever, the fact I couldn't save and walk away half way through a mission, etc. really made it less than fun when actually it played very well, I enjoyed it for the most part, once I actually felt like I was getting somewhere. I really hope this isn't where gaming is going because it's not conductive to fun single player.

15. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

The game will actually store your progress and remember your last checkpoint when you're doing story missions.

I agree that the lack of a pause option when you're soloing the "campaign" is annoying, but it's a inevitable consequence of their MMO-ified-Halo approach to Destiny's design.

16. martok2112

Bob, if you have to break away from the game for a moment to answer the phone or attend to some other short duration matter, you can always find "safe zones" so to speak during gameplay....basically, areas where your AI opponents will not follow you. Sometimes, these are areas in between places where you'd run into a group of enemies. I do it all the time if I have to step away from the game for a moment....I'll retreat to an area where there is no activity, do what I have to do, and then return to the game. Now, if you're going to be away for several minutes, it is best to at least go back and check on your game once, perhaps even just sliightly having your character look in a different direction, or just push a button so the game does not kick you back up into orbit due to inactivity. :)

17. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Don't do it too slightly though, the game has protection against botting that recognizes token micro-inputs that are supposed to avoid auto-disconnects.

18. Bob The Skutter

I found sometimes it didn't save progress, though that might have just been that I was in no respawning areas when I had to leave. I did find it easier getting back to where I had been previously though. I guess I was always going to have a problem with it though because I don't like online gaming, beyond the occasional game with friends, rather than MMO games. I can understand why people enjoy it, but doesn't work for me.

Guess I'll try a few PS+ games for the next few days.

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

To my knowledge, only Destiny and Need for Speed: Rivals has the "don't dare walk away from me!" approach to gaming, where you can't set the thing down for a second and needs near constant internet.

2 out of well, a lot, isn't bad, and the negative feedback on NFS is prompting EA to patch that at last I heard of it. If they can, I'm not sure how it works.

20. Bob The Skutter

Doesn't Drive Club? I assumed it would but as the PS+ version hasn't been released I haven't tried it.