Most Attractive Male

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Sam_I_Am, Sep 8, 2013.

?

Most attractive TOS male?

1. James Kirk

25 vote(s)
    49.0%
  2. Spock

13 vote(s)
    25.5%
  3. Leonard McCoy

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. Kevin Riley

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Montgomery Scott

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  6. Hikaru Sulu

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  7. Pavel Chekov

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Corylea

Corylea Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I asked my husband to play Kiss-Marry-Cliff with the main three one time, and he said, "Kiss Spock, Marry McCoy, Cliff Kirk."

I said, "But WHY? Why is the important part."

My husband said, "Kirk is married to the ship, and Spock is married to Kirk, so McCoy's the only one who's actually emotionally available."

My husband is a smart man (though I reserve the right to drool over Spock. :))

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Of course the emotional unavailability is what appeals. You will tame Kirk or open up Spock, but there's McCoy ready with all his foibles and feelings and you don't have to win him in any way.

I'm getting fonder and fonder of McCoy just thinking about this.

3. nureintier

nureintier Commander Red Shirt

Good thinking on that on your husband's part, but I'd swap Spock and McCoy.

I'm also emotionally unavailable so I think me and Spock would get along pretty well. (Polyandry doesn't sound too bad to me either, if these are the choices... :lol: )

But yeah, now this thread is making me reconsider a bit about McCoy...

4. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

I have kind of swooned all day thinking about what a great husband McCoy would be.
    The original McCoy is great, but swap him out for Karl Urban's McCoy and he gets most attractive and best husband material votes for me.
    I thought Urban did a great job bringing his version of McCoy to life. The best of the recasts, although I'm very fond of Quinto's Spock too.
    I have an autographed picture of Urban shirtless as Cupid, with Alexandra Tydings as Aphrodite from Xena. I got it from AT at Dragoncon years ago, she personally signed it for me, and Urban, who wasn't there, had pre-signed a bunch of them. So my crush on Urban pre dates his Trek involvement, but once you marry those looks with McCoy's personality, he's perfection.

5. nureintier

^Gotta say I prefer the originals. Also, Quinto's NuSpock needs more eyeshadow. My cousin has been swooning over the nuTrek cast since the movies came out, though, especially nuKirk, so we have been arguing over that for a while. ^_^

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I prefer Quinto's Spock (as in, I lust for him) but with the others I prefer the originals.

That said all six are pretty great :lol:

I'd like to hang out with TOS McCoy for a while.. listen to his yarns.

Oh TOTALLY agree about the eyeshadow, that would up the hotness insanely!!

7. nureintier

I like Quinto-Spock, but I only lust after Nimoy-Spock.

I saw a youtube clip where someone asked Quinto about the eyeshadow and he claimed he was actually wearing some but it was much lighter, if I recall correctly. Bums me out though, in any case. I sure as heck didn't notice it, if he was wearing any. He has bigger eyes than Nimoy; he would've looked very pretty.

8. Corylea

Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep! :) (You may conclude that I agree. :lol:)

I think the eye shadow helps to make Spock look alien and mysterious; he looks too human without it. I think Quinto's Spock is too human in general, partly because of how he's written and partly because of how he's played (but whether how he's played is the result mostly of Abrams' choices or of Quinto's, I don't know).

Of course, this is the TOS section, so we should probably get back to discussing the originals, rather than comparing them to the new guys. ;)

9. nureintier

Well, in that case, I'll just talk about how much I like the eyeshadow. ^_^ It goes well with the color of his shirt, also.

10. Rayna

Rayna Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

THAT'S what he was missing!! You nailed it!

11. Corylea

So, are we supposed to think that Vulcan men wear make-up, and Spock carefully applies eye shadow every morning, or are we supposed to think that the skin around Spock's eyes is naturally blue? I admit that I'd been thinking the latter -- and thinking that the eye shadow helped Spock look more alien -- but I suppose it could be the former. Different cultures are different, after all. :vulcan:

12. nureintier

Haha. Well, I always assumed he had blueish eyelids, but the idea of him in front of a mirror with a makeup brush in the morning is very amusing.

13. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Its Nimoy Spock for me.

The most attractive in the new movies in Karl Urban's McCoy.
    Why didn't we get to see him in his underwear? Its so unfair.

Aside from Urban I don't fancy any of the new team. Maybe I'm getting old,

14. Corylea

It's kind of amusing that when Mr. Nimoy was discharged from the service in December, 1955, he tried to go back to his acting career but had trouble finding an agent; lots of agents said, "You're not handsome enough*."

A dozen years later, women would be throwing themselves at the guy, and Isaac Asimov would be writing "Mr. Spock Is Dreamy" in TV Guide.

I guess it takes elegantly pointed ears, gracefully upswept eyebrows, and stylish blue eyeshadow to bring out his latent beauty. :lol:

* As reported in These Are the Voyages by Marc Cushman, page 50.

15. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Yep, worst use of the term---ever.

16. nureintier

Haha, thanks for linking that. :lol:

I dunno. I always thought Nimoy was good-looking even without the ears and the eyeshadow. I disagree with all those agents. But as for Spock, being smart does help a lot, I suppose.

But it's not like Kirk was dumb; he outsmarted all kinds of aliens and even robots and computers all the time.

I think some of it also goes back to the idea of Spock being emotionally unavailable and seemingly unattainable, also.

17. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

That last part is 100% it!

If Nimoy emoted every week as he did in Return to Tomorrow with the big smile and the broad style---nobody would have been throwing themselves at him. The stoicism/aloofness was what made women attracted to him--not his looks.

18. Corylea

You're welcome!

Given that there are millions of women who are attracted to Spock, and given that women are NOT all alike, I don't think anything can be said to be "100% it."

For me, Spock's intelligence, courage, loyalty, curiosity, and shining goodness are the most important things. The alien superpowers are pretty cool, too. ;)

19. nureintier

^Yes.

Alien superpowers, and nice cheekbones.

I'm sure everyone who finds Spock attractive has their owns reasons. But there are so many great reasons to choose from. ^_^

Certainly, I recognize that Shatner had more of the classic hero-type good looks, but again, not everyone is attracted to that type of character. And Kirk just seems like such a player that that's a turnoff for me in itself. You just know he'd be checking out all the green orion slavegirls. Spock wouldn't even notice the dancing girls.

20. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Why can't you just all see it?
    Shatners just not attractive with his shirt off. He's just - I don't know - wrong. Flabby's not the right term. Maybe weirdly shaped. Maybe if he had chest hair. I can't pinpoint it. But no.

I know there's nothing wrong with my perception, so it must be all of you. :lol: