General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now that 28 is over and we're pretty much starting a new "season" with WWE, I thought it was time that we get a new thread as well. The other has served us well but was getting too long. This one is for both discussion of both news and television and PPV's. Feel free to talk about any fed you follow as well, don't be shy either. Could a mod possibly lock the other thread?

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That other thread was going on for a few years, but I do kind of wish this board reinstated like a 5000 post rule before starting a new thread or something. I know originally the point of the 1000 rule was because of the server lag time, but I think a reason I like that rule is because threads can get so long that they feel a bit out of date, and long. That, and it's always fun to start new and fresh from time to time.

Anyway, I might try to catch a little Raw tonight seeing as it's the aftermath of Wrestlemania. It will be interesting the direction the WWE goes in, maybe even combining both shows like they did in the Attitude era because they don't really have the talent for both shows. That probably means there's no need for another draft either.

3. Admiral_Young

I am not expecting huge on Raw tonight, but for the first time in a few weeks, I'm pretty interested in seeing what is going to happen with the fall out from 28, hopefully it isn't boring lol.

We know the participants in the ten man tag match tonight now:

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/quicknews/article_59878.shtml

IIRC WWE did this last year as well.

Chris Jericho implies that the program with Punk is over, unless of course he's trolling us again. What's funny about this return from Chris is that he didn't accomplish anything that those promos teased. Unless taking back what was once his was a metaphor for our attention and respect. Then he accomplished that.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/quicknews/article_59888.shtml

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  4. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

There's talk about Alberto Del Rio returning tonight and entering into a massive programme.

5. Admiral_Young

That isn't surprising since Del Rio was at HOF...which the Score is not showing right now for some reason. Grrrr.

6. Mr Silver

I wonder who the WWE Superstar that TNA has requested a DVD appearance from is? Apparently this was part of the deal for allowing Ric Flair to appear at the HOF and accept induction as part of the Four Horsemen.

7. Admiral_Young

Christian would be my guess. I can't think of anyone else. Kevin Nash maybe?

So...Rock wants to become WWE Champion again? Maybe this is the plan for next year lol in New Jersey. Remember when 28 was supposed to be for the title?

I know Cole state that Cena was in the building, but I saw this just now reported earlier this evening.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/quicknews/article_59911.shtml

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  8. Mr Silver

I wonder who Alex Riley pissed off?! Seriously, he had no offence whatsoever in that match and the jobber in a squash normally gets a couple of punches in. He's not been the same since last Summer.

Tensai looked like a killer tonight, his time in Japan has turned him into a world class wrestler.

9. Admiral_Young

I loved how Cole directly avoided calling him A-Train but pretty much admitted he was a repacked guy lol. I bet Maffew will mention something in Botchamania. The crowd chants were hilarious as well. "Let's go A-Train!!!" CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!!! Dead crowd too with the exception of the chants.

I just was reading on a facebook fan page (take that with a large grain of salt) that the WWE is planning on holding the draft later this month for some reason lol.

10. Mr Silver

The crowd aren't digging the decision to go straight into a programme between Sheamus and ADR, as evidenced by the boo's and "Daniel Bryan" chants.

11. Admiral_Young

You must be several minutes ahead of me lol. We're on a fifteen minute delay here in Canada. JeriTroll is trying to get Punk to drink up right now.

So who cut Del Rio's mic? :) We still don't have an answer to who cut Punk's mic last year. Unless of course this time it was an actual botch or technical problem.

I liked the Daniel Bryan cheers!! No words from Bryan or Sheamus!! LOL

12. Mr Silver

It was just an angle to warrant ADR being distracted so Sheamus could hit the Brogue Kick. I'm with you on the unanswered questions regarding CM Punk's censoring last year, though. I guess we've just got to assume that it was John Laurinaitis' and Vince McMahon's doing - that goes for the Anonymous GM too.

13. Admiral_Young

My guess was Big Johnny as part of the authority figure arc, which is still I guess carrying on in just a different form, without the conspiracy aspect this time. Miz should have a shirt that says "I'm No Longer Awesome" :(

Looks like we're finally getting managers back like we've been promised, and I guess the dirt sheets were wrong about the ten man tag team lol. This was apparently part of an ad though so who knows.

EDIT: Never mind what I said about Miz! LOL

14. Admiral_Young

OMG!!! He's back!!!! I take back what I said that he wouldn't be tonight.

15. Mr Silver

ABSOLUTE MARK OUT!!!!

I applauded when he gave Cena the F5!!

16. Admiral_Young

^ No fucking kidding. HE IS BACK!! I've been let down A LOT this last few months, but that fucking almost made up for a lot of it lol. @Admiral M...never say never my friend ;)

Jim Ross tweeted that no details are known about Brock's current contract status with WWE, says it isn't important, just that he is back and that he of course did one of Brock's first deals. I guess he's been getting tweeted about this from fans.

17. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's nice having somewhat high expectations for the Raw after Wrestlemania and not being disappointed in the least. That was a fantastic show tonight. I don't think I've seen a crowd like that since last year in Chicago and I think tonight's crowd was better. It was almost like that high everyone was on for Mania stuck around for Raw and it made a great show. I love the fact that Lesner is coming back, and can't wait to see where this goes. Last year I was excited going into Wrestlemania. This year I might be more excited coming out of Wrestlemania. Hopefully the WWE keeps this streak going because they are riding high right now.

18. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

19. Admiral_Young

Very interesting indeed. So it was an anny of sorts for Brock. That seems consistent from another report I read yesterday that he signed a one year deal. I have to agree with tomalak301 as well, Miami was a hot crowd tonight as they were last night as well. They gave Brock a huge pop as I expected, and even bigger one when he gave the F5 to Cena!!! I really want Thuganomics Cena back now. I know I might be alone, but damn come on John, give us what we want! LOL! I think the majority of fans would be okay with a Thuganomic heel run if he turned heel.

Daniel Bryan is so over right now...he's a heel, but is getting face reactions, AJ is getting heel heat...I still dislike how they have turned him heel by using her like this, but I can easily see a face change soon. Yes, I like him better as a face than a heel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNhTzUNr9jM&feature=youtu.be

20. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope the writers resist the temptation to turn Bryan face any time soon. A big part of why he's over is because he's doing a kickass job portraying a gigantic douche (which apparently is a lot harder than it looks given the number of failed heels). Let him continue to get over with this gimmick before MAYBE turning him into a tweener a few months down the line.