Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Erica Durance was great until the writers started making her more like Chloe.

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. I love her feisty, down to earth Lois. And she had undeniable chemistry with Reeve, which is the most important thing. When you compare her screen test with the other girls, there was just no contest.

3. Admiral_Young

Apparently IIRC Kate Bosworth was cast precisely because Singer felt she had the most connection and chemistry with Brandon.

4. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I know a lot complained about her being cast as Lois. But I think she did a pretty good job and didn't really have any complaints about her performance.

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked Terry Hatcher, that's about it.

This synopsis is really generic and uninteresting. It is also, at every turn, exactly what one might guess from looking at publicity stills and nothing more. We'll see how much of it turns out to be so.

6. Gojira

I think the synopsis was written generically but I found it interesting and if it is well acted then I think it could be a good movie...if that is indeed the script.

My favorite Lois Lane(s)

Amy Adams (pending)
    Erica Durance
    Kate Bosworth
    Terri Hatcher
    Noel Neill
    Margot Kidder

7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why does everybody hate Dana Delany's Lois on Superman: TAS? :( She's my favorite (to date)! :)

8. Gojira

I was just rating the live action versions. I think Dana as Lois on TAS is one of the best characterizations of Lois. :techman::bolian:

9. davejames

Same here. It was obviously a younger, more idealized version of Lois from the Kidder version, but I still thought she was great in the role, and hit all the right notes.

10. davejames

I liked her voice and attitude, but the writing for the character always seemed really generic and one-dimensional to me (of course, so did the writing for the show as a whole...)

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm with everyone but ST1...., on this one. I think Amy Adams is plenty hot, and having really liked her performances in both Enchanted and The Muppets, I have no doubt that she'll be great in MoS. As my for my favorite Lois portrayal, I'd have to go with Erica Durance. But then I'm one of the few people on the boards here who actually likes Smallville.

12. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Affirmitive.

I apologise that am not a geeky twerp that finds just any actress cast in a high profile geeky role to be...hot. ;)

Very, very hot. Yes..

13. Admiral_Young

Amy Adams isn't just any old actress as the point has been made to you before several times and the point is that you've made your point about her like umpteen times in this thread without even seeing her...you know...act in the role.

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Besides being a very good actress Amy Adams is smoking hot. I'm really looking forward to seeing her as Lois Lane. She should be great.

15. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I thought Christina Hendricks' voice work as Lois in the All-Star Superman cartoon was very good.

16. Admiral_Young

17. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Phyllis Coates doesn't even rate a mention? She even played Ellen Lane (Lois' Mother?) in Lois and Clark.

18. Gojira

I guess you could put her after Margot Kidder. I won the Adventures of Superman on DVD and I think both Noel Neill and Phyllis Coates from that series are a little too stiff and formal. For some reason I cannot define they don't come across as very feminine to me...something about their mannerisms or looks that lacks warmth to me.

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Well, they probably played that off of the whole "daughter of a general who grew up on military bases" thing. But I think they did okay and "looked the part" better.

I'd probably put them over Margot Kidder who's my least favorite Lois Lane. I don't know how but I forgot all about Teri Hatcher who's probably my favorite Lois Lane.

Not sure where I'd place Erica Durance, probably in the middle somewhere. She just never "played it right" for my tastes and her obvious after-market features sours things a bit too.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I actually just watched that again last week after getting it for $1.96(! I still can't believe it was that cheap), and I thought the three lead actors all did an amazing job. It still amazes me the quality of actors they've been getting for the DCUA movies.