Revolution Season 2 - spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarthTom, Sep 23, 2013.

1. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

This Wednesday evening premieres season 2 of Revolution. Will you be joining in? Last season of course it ended with Flynn killing himself, the President coming out of hiding in Guatnamo and the season finale where they turned the power back on only for Flynn to launch 2 nuclear weapons towards Atlanta and Philadelphia.

I'm going to give it a try in season 2 where I've read they've gotten some new writers and updated staff.

Bad Robot exec produces this show so hopefully they'll make some dramatic improvements.

Revolution/NBC

2. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

I enjoyed the first season enougt to watch the second

3. DarthTom

Me as well - although some episodes became soap opera[ish]. But that can happen to any series.

Many people on here last year posted their disdain for the, "magic nanites," which seemed like implausible technology and to some degree created plot holes.

Meh - every sci-fi/fantasy show has plot holes to make the story work - especially when you're talking about fictional technology. It didn't bother me on Trek anymore than on Revolution.

4. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wait, it's on Wednesdays? With Revolution last season, then Under the Dome during the summer I pretty much had Monday as my crap TV night. There was always something awful to watch, it's very symbolic of the start of the work week. But now they move it to Wednesday? No, I don't like this at all.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This was one of my favorite shows last season, so I'll definitely be sticking around.

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I only wanted two series from last season on blu-ray and Revolution was one of them (ther other being Arrow). The show looks great on BD. It's a bit cheesy but a lot of fun. I don't need every show to be grounded and realistic, sometimes I want to watch something fun...with lots of sword fights.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I watched in HD on Netflix, and it does look great.
    JJ Abrams did an interview about the new season.
    [yt]www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHeFyiWMRdA[/yt]

8. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What is he yapping about? I thought all the power came back on last season? Or am im misrembering again?:lol:

9. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

It did. Am willing to bet it goes off again before the title card comes up. ;)

10. DarthTom

Abrams hopes for season 2 are good based on the above interview. I hope he can pull it off. It makes you wonder though about what he means by, 'strange," and "unusual,' for season 2.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Actually, as far as I know Abrams has very little to do with the show creatively. It was created and is run by Eric Kirpke (the creator of Supernatural).

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I was super pissed at the thing that happened so I was pleasantly surprised when it was undone at the very end!

13. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree with M.r. Light. There are plenty of other characters that could've happened to and it the show would be fine... by the way Mr. Light, the title says spoilers, so I suppose we could discuss it.

I was also shocked at Neville...but perhaps he will become the new ruler of a faction (eventually). Or-----a good guy -- if the resurrected US is not as good as it portrays itself.

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

So, seems they are going with the nanites as magic angle. The news that the power would be off again this season pissed me off, but nanite magic turning this into a fantasy setting could be fun.

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Turning the power on, launching bombs and then shutting the power off was a cheap way out.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Wasn't Neville commanding the Monroe Republic at the end of Season One? What happened? He wussed out when a couple cities got nuked? He had nothing to do with that...

17. DarthTom

He went to look for his wife who was in Atlanta and presumably dead because of the nuclear destruction and then fell into a depression because of her death.

I liked the episode. They are making it more fantasy and less reality. Aarons demise surprised me. Was he the only one with the skills and knowledge on how to turn the nanites off and on?

18. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Aaron is the new Jack Harkness!!

19. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Actually at the end of last season he was commanding a small group of Munroe forces around the tower. More than likely the rest of the Munroe Republic never heard of him.

Though, one has to wonder, what became of all the pendant powered vehicles at the tower? Do the pendants no longer work?

The time jump was a cheap copout and robbed us of the best part of the story - the immediate fallout of the events of the season finale.

20. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So why didn't they just turn the power back on after they crashed the nukes?