Did Enterprise happen in this Star Trek's past?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Brent, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Probably won't be touched on in the movie, but my question is does JJ consider Enterprise as part of nuStar Trek's past?

2. ClayHefner

ClayHefner Commander Red Shirt

JJ Abrams probably laughs at Enterprise.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nero doesn't go that far back in time, so yes.

Also, I believe Archer gets a mention in the film.

4. CaptainHawk1

CaptainHawk1 Commodore

ENT doesn't exist in a lot of fan's past.

However, I've heard that the writers were careful to include references to all Trek in here including ENT and even non-canon novels and comic books.

5. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Also the Kelvin Bridge seems to look a bit like the NX bridge, especially the overhead lights and all.

6. ClayHefner

ClayHefner Commander Red Shirt

On the other hand we've seen a constitution class starship on Enterprise and it didn't look like JJ's Enterprise. This could be the Archer from ENT or a reboot Archer.

7. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While everyone's unclear about just how the timeline coincides (if it does at all) with the TV show, the writers have made it very clear that Nero's point of entry happens right before Kirk is born, so there is *no* reboot Enterprise to speak of.

Rumor has it that Starfleet Academy will have a painting of the NX-01. Since it's a rumor, take it with a grain of salt, but if it pops up, then I'll be okay. I'd be even happier if there was an actual portrait of Admiral or President Jonathan Archer.

8. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

I'm pretty sure that the TV show Enterprise is referenced when
    Scotty says he got in trouble for disintegrating Archer's beagle.

9. CaptainHarlock

CaptainHarlock Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

* Yeah. Now, Enterprise is the only Trek tv series that continues canon. TOS maybe can be similar, but TNG era is gone.

10. JuanBolio

JuanBolio Admiral Admiral

Only the good episodes. Also, the NX-01 looks quite different, and no one ever heard of a "phase cannon" or a "photonic torpedo". Lasers and nukes, if you please.

11. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Enterprise isn't awesome enough. Plus, its lack of sombreros makes for a frightening canonical dissonance. But if it'll please the drooling masses, then I'll accept it.

12. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

The more interesting question: Which events of "Enterprise" did happen in this timeline? For example, the ENT episode "Regeneration" was a result of the events of "First Contact". So did the Enterprise-E and the Borg appear in 2063 in this timeline?

13. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

^Wibbly wobbly... timey wimey.

14. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

And then there's the entire "Temporal Cold War" which may or may not have happened, if the sociopolitical shape of the galaxy changes as much as it sounds like it may. Without that, first contact with the Klingons won't happen as early, the NX-01 wouldn't be launched when it was, etc, etc.

15. papi_pol

papi_pol Ensign Newbie

According to Canon storylines, Archer's Enterprise did in fact exist in the Trek Main storyline....

why? Archer's Holodeck experience shouldn't be in the Enterprise-D's databanks if it was in a different timeline.....

16. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

I saw someone state earlier that there was a Consitution Class in ENT and it looked like the TOS and not JJ's (obviously). But surely you can just throw the words "time travel" and "parrell universe" in there and it's all settled :). Perhaps the Xindi (was it? I guess it was as whenever I watched ENT it was ALLLWAYS the Xindi) took it from the true timeline, then Nero came back and fucked everything up and the ships changed.

Ofcourse, you could just say wibbly wobbly... timey wimey, that works just as well.

17. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

You could perhaps make an argument that the relevant events of the 23rd and 24th centuries (Enterprise-E fighting the Borg in 2063, a Constitution-class starship named "Defiant" disappearing in a trans-dimensional rift etc.) still exist as part of an "alternate future" in this new timeline.

Look at "Yesterday's Enterprise" and Sela. An alternate Tasha Yar from a timeline which doesn't exist anymore travelled into the past and thus continued to be a part of "our" timeline. So the Enterprise-E could have been in 2063 despite the fact that a Enterprise-E doesn't necessarily exist in the new timeline's 24th century. Time travel is so confusing!!!

18. Lashmore

Lashmore Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just wait for "Faith of the Heart" to play in the background during the love scene and you have your answer.

>.>

19. The Badger

The Badger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Remind me to take some earplugs when I go see it then.
    Or a vomit bag.

20. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Old Spock's sole reason for travelling back in time is to wipe "Enterprise" from existence, or die trying. It is his most important mission, and his most selfless act ever.

Spock (dying): "The franchise... Out of danger?"

Kirk: "You saved the franchise. You saved us all."

And let's not forget Captain Pike's inpirational challenge to Young Kirk:

Pike: "'Enterprise' was good for about 12 minutes, and was watched by 800 people. I dare you to do better."