TheGodBen Revisits Enterprise

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by TheGodBen, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Yep, there were times in DS9 that it seemed they forgot about Bajor. Which at the start of the show was played up as a major story arc, but later became an after thought.

2. DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain Commander Red Shirt

Wow, this is weird. I just decided to head back to ENT to re-evaluate it. I had no idea that this was going on here. I stopped watching just before "Minefield". I gave up on Berman, Braga, and the direction they were taking everything. So, now I am watching it on Siffee. Why did they change the name to Siffee? Do they really think they'll get people to watch that don't like aliens, fantasy, and horror with a name like that? Siffee. Yeah, that's more mainstream.........

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  3. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bingo! :techman:

Well as a man I am societally programmed to think that male rape isn't real and therefore I laugh it off much in the manner you are, but there are real victims of it out there, and not just in prison. If we keep on laughing off the male victims of rape then they'll continue to be embarrassed by it and they will turn that shame inwards to the detriment of their psyche. I don't think an episode of Star Trek should play a rape story for laughs.

And yes, I realise that some might think I'm being a hypocrite due to my joke about date-rape back in my Timeless review, but that joke was aimed at me and not at the fictional victims.

I remember it, but what did Travis do during the episode other than get a shuttlepod trapped in a cave? I want Travis to get more screentime, but throwing the character some scenes and claiming he was critical to the plot when he was hardly involved is not the way to do it.

4. Tallis Rhul

Tallis Rhul Commander Red Shirt

I'm pleased you've said that. I badly don't want to give up, and I think I enjoyed Catwalk which was the last episode I watched, but I felt distinctly grumpy by the end of it, and I'm not even 75. Never really had that before...

I went with "They're cities TheGodBen never bought a cheeseburger in". I think that scores a partial.

So no epic 'Trip vs. Alien'esque fight scene for us then? :(

You know it's funny, we get a holograms are real people episode soon, just like in DS9...

That's as may be, but did we need to see it all? We could have skipped most of that and had the line "It took me 3 hours of decompression before I could come aboard, this better be worth it!" or some such.

Oooh! Oooh! I can field this one... it's the one recurring scene in twilight that happens approximately every 5 seconds where Bella stares into Edward's eyes and they play something mushy on the piano...

What do you mean, not that Twilight?

The thing that struck me most about Terra Nova was how pointless a lot of it was. Malcolm remaining behind was hammed up. Who gave? We knew he'd be in it the week after. Also the bit where Archer nearly falls down that hole and gets saved by the tribesman... who gave? It didn't really have an effect because it didn't seem believable somehow. I'm pretty sure there was something I enjoyed about the episode, but I couldn't tell you which bit!

One thing that did really grate was that the guy who played the tribesman is (I'm pretty sure) the same guy who played the Klingon commander for Unexpected, we were supposed to not recognise him, but HE HAS THE SAME FACE! IT'S THE SAME GUY! And if it turns out to not be him then he looked like him so my strop stands!

5. Disillusioned

Disillusioned Commander

They threw the people who wanted Archer and T'Pol to hook up a bone by taking a line of dialog out.

Basically T'Pol is acting as his live-in helper (with her own separate bed area), and the majority of the episode consists of her bringing a gray-haired Archer up to speed like she presumably has to every morning, kind of like the movie "Clean Slate." ;)

Anyway, at one point Archer notices that T'Pol lives in the same house and asks her, "how far has our relationship evolved?" or something along those lines. Originally she had a line of dialog indicating that there was nothing romantic between them, but thanks to Scott Bakula's influence that line was omitted and T'Pol simply paused awkwardly instead, meant to leave some ambiguity.

6. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Hehehe, good for him.

7. Treknut

Treknut Captain Captain

Pity he didn't use his influence on the Abomination and cut the whole final episode out :vulcan:

8. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Well, at the time, there were a lot of stories making the rounds how the actors were upset about the script and protested, but to no avail. And, well, there wasn't much to save...

9. apenpaap

apenpaap Commodore Commodore

You know, for some time I've been wondering what kind of tribute Enterprise would've done for Trek's 40th anniversary had it continued, and I suspect it would've been TATV (As that wouldn't have ended Season 4 if the show had continued, obviously). Not a pleasant thought.

10. Jimmy Bob

Jimmy Bob Commander Red Shirt

:wtf: Oh. :eek: Oh I see now. I'm stupid. :(

:(

Let me fix what can be fixed.

This is a priest.

[​IMG]

If he'd rape me, it'd scar me for life.

Now this is a sexy female alien.

[​IMG]

Rape by sexy female alien does not qualify as rape.

Because:

[​IMG]

She's hot.

11. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, she's really frightening.

Also, it'd still be rape.

12. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

And to be honest, Pat Robertson probably better in the sack.

13. DGCatAniSiri

DGCatAniSiri Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:vulcan:

This being the same logic that says that a man cannot be raped because 'if he has an erection he wanted it' and that 'if a woman enjoys it, it's not rape'?

I hope this is just a joke we have all taken seriously by accident...

14. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:brickwall:

Please tell me this is a joke?

15. Dane_Whitman

Dane_Whitman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

C'mon, obviously the guy's kidding around.

16. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm sure he is joking because this...
    ...is not sexy, it is a hideous orange reptile. I might not even fit in where I'm supposed to fit in, it might be corkscrew shaped or something.

This is also a hideous orange reptile, he just hides it better.

17. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Let's stop beating this dead horse to death and move on, shall we?

18. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Police: Ma'am, when did you realize you'd been raped.

Woman: When the check bounced.

19. Tallis Rhul

Tallis Rhul Commander Red Shirt

I don't think we all did take it seriously :p

Just...:rommie:

Ladies and Gentlemen, for your consideration, I tracked down the alien's parents...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Enjoy ;)

For some reason this is now the second topic to abandon its natural course and start on a discussion about rape (the other being "Is Dukat really evil?" [DUHHHHH] in DS9) since I arrived... I'm kinda hoping it's not my influence on the board :(

Aaanyway in a vague attempt to bring the thread back on topic, this is way out of order, but I watched Cease Fire from S2 tonight. Is it my imagination or are the Andorian episodes all really good?

20. Pemmer Harge

Pemmer Harge Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Andorian episodes? Well, I've seen "The Andorian Incident" and "Cease Fire" and I think they're good, but not great. I do think it was a great decision to flesh out the Andorians though, so I tend to prefer episodes with them to episodes with random aliens we never see again.