Wow, Breaking Bad is intense.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Danoz, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Danoz

Danoz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just starting Season Three. I can't believe I haven't been watching this... and then again, it's been really fun to watch in marathon-format. Any fans of this show? The character writing is just incredible.

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

The series is my favorite one on the air right now. It only gets better and better, and the latest season (albeit a short one of 8 episodes) starts up in less than a month.

Once you're finished with season four, you might want to look for the webisodes that were produced for the second and third seasons. They're mostly comic vignettes, but they're fun, and all available online as far as I know.

3. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Yes, it is. ;)

Next season's the final one, right?

4. joVuNik

joVuNik Lieutenant Red Shirt

Awesome awesome show. Best show on TV for me.

And yep next season starts up soon, but will be split in half this yr and next - and will be the final season.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Yep. 16 episodes this time (but split into two seasons of eight, as the previous poster points out).

6. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Best one hour drama since the Sopranos and features some of the best ensemble acting ever. Brian Cranston and Aaron Paul are both phenomenal.

To the o/p, you're going to LOVE season 3, especially the ending, but season 4 will blow your frigging socks off. Best season finale since Best of Both Worlds Part 1.

Hang onto something. :)

7. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

It's a great show. I was skeptical at first, based on all the hype surrounding it, but it really is just that good. I think the best part of the series is watching the screws turn ever tighter on Walter White until he finally explodes. It's interesting the way you're initially inclined to empathize with his situation, until he starts treading darker and darker territory and you have to wonder just how far down he's willing to go. (And I don't think it's a spoiler to say we've not hit the depths of his depravity just yet.)

8. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's the best show of all time. It's just perfect.

9. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's easily my favourite show on TV right now, and one of my all-time favourites. It has a tendency to go a bit over the top sometimes, such as the plane crash, but it has a way of building up and relieving tension like no other show I've ever seen. Wait until you get to the "run" scene, I think I held my breath for the whole two minutes of that sequence.

10. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Love this show.

11. wildstar

wildstar Commander Red Shirt

Just wait til you see the laughing scene. It'll blow you away.

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched 17 episodes I had never seem before stating last night.

Intense.

13. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Just watched the pilot yesterday. I was impressed. It seems very well conceptualised and realised, and nor does it feel the need to hit you over the head with grimness. Great and subtle acting from the leads. Cranston and Paul have very good chemistry (no pun intended).

14. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

It's one of the best current shows. It's just so incredibly well made, and the characters all have so many layers. I also just recently started watching (early may) and watched through all 4 seasons within a month or so because it's also quite addictive.
    It's interesting what it does to the audience, too. As we're initially set to sympathise with Walter White it's also a bit of a test of how far one is willing to go before one stops rationalising what he does. I'm probably a bad person because I still root for him.

15. Guy Gardener

That smile Gus gave the camera in the season 4 finale made Heath's Joker seem glum.

16. Roger Wilco

Well, the problem also is, just like in real life with drugs, how Walter's actions affect the innocent people around him who may or may not unknowingly benefit from his actions or even be complicit and will ultimately be destroyed together with him when he goes down.

17. Guy Gardener

I was starting to beleive that he was imagining half th threats against him becuase of his cancer/medication messing with his brain becuase that bit where Gus rants about murdering Walts little girl seemed so uncharacteristic, I mean sure hed do it, but to gloat?

Bryan is almost unrecognizable with hair in Rock of Ages.

18. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Breaking bad and damages are the best dramas on the air by a mile.

19. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I'd agree with you about Damages except for the most recent (DirecTV) season, which wasn't nearly as good as the previous ones.

20. Roger Wilco

Breaking Bad season 5 sneak peak, can't wait. :D

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY46p_C1j5s&feature=player_embedded[/yt]

Alternative for non-Americans if the first link doesn't work: