Arrow - Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Agent Richard07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Anyone else like the sly way they transitioned "Speedy" from Thea to Roy?

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

"Don't call me Speedy!" XD

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Whatever happened to Summer Glau's character? I just realized she hasn't been on in forever, and her character hasn't been mentioned.

It's clear I don't miss her. Personally, I don't think Glau is all that interesting of an actress. And the character was pretty bland. And I think it's funny it's taken me 10 episodes to realize that she's been gone.

But, I don't remember them ending her story. She still does own half of Queen, right?

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, she does. Also, she's in this week's episode.

5. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't worry. She'll be back this week.

Attached Files:

6. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

It wasn't worry. It was sort of happiness. So, it's with disappointment that I found out she's back.

7. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Well, while I don't care about the character, I was annoyed that she essentially hasn't been on the show since Thanksgiving. Talk about a wasted plotline.

8. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actors are generally signed for a certain number of episodes. I doubt she was ever intended to be on the show that regularly.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

And they might have drop one of the other day labourers to allow space.

10. Alidar Jarok

If a kidnapper lets me leave, but offers to tell me a secret if I stay, I think I'd leave.

11. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oliver Queen is an idiot. Did he forget Isabelle became a part of his company by attempting a hostile takeover???

She is the last person he should have given temporary control. I was screaming at my TV during the entire scene.

12. Alidar Jarok

While I saw it coming, I can see it being more justified from an in-world perspective. First, their initial misunderstandings were resolved and they seemed to be cooperating. She acknowledged that Oliver Queen is the face of the company so it made sense to believe she wouldn't try something like that again. Second, he wasn't exactly thinking clearly, so the problems probably didn't pop into his head. She had been running the company for months so he probably thought it would stay about the same. Third, in the real world, people like that don't work for Slade Wilson and are part of a giant conspiracy to ruin Oliver Queen. We're used to thinking in television logic, I'm not sure the characters in the show should be expected to (although better writing will do so just so the audience and characters are on the same page).

I think it's fair to say that one the Lances won't make it through the season, sad to say.

13. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Yeah, probably the one that's not a series regular. :(

14. Alidar Jarok

Yeah, which is a shame. Sarah is far and away my favorite Lance. It would be a shame to lose her. I'm not sure Laurel quite makes for a convincing Black Canary as of right now even if she isn't completely helpless in a fight.

15. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Slade sure did put together a great in depth plan to take down Ollie. However I am sure Malcolm wont be happy that he kidnapped his daughter. I half expect to have him turn up after Slade has been beaten or captured looking for some payback.
    Dont care that Roy sped off into the night at all.
    And detective Lance shall deny the Arrow three times but I think he denies to much.

16. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I never thought Isabel was Slade's associate, but now that it's been revealed, it makes sense why she went after Ollie's company to begin with. Ollie was right about himself: he's his own worst enemy, and Slade knew his weakness. He would go to extremes to save the people he loves.

I wonder if Slade told Thea the truth about Ollie's Arrow identity. She didn't give an indication when she confronted him. But now the cat is out of the bag and Laurel knows too, it will be an interesting new dynamic about who knows whom and who knows what.

17. Guy Gardener

Laurel now has a choice.

Tell Oliver's Secret, or leave her father in prison.

(I thought that was perfectly balanced. Either she hate's Oliver because she can't reveal his identity, or Oliver hates her for unmasking him. Fricking amazing!)

That was the only Good ting in Batman 3, when Bruce Wayne tries to hand himself over to Twoface because he's the Batman to save the crowd at the Circus, it's just lucky that the Flying Graysons saved the day because no one could hear him over the panic, screaming "I'm Batman, I'm the goddamned Batman!".

18. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow that was so cool.

I liked Roy and it was hard to disagree with some things he said. What did Isabella mean when she said sins of the father become sins of the son? Are we supposed to know who she is and why she's working for Slade?

I did have to laugh a bit when Thea told Ollie that Slade told her his secret. All I could think was, "which one?". I do love that all the secrets are coming out now.

I also liked that Felicity was the one who basically told him to go out there and kick ass.

19. Guy Gardener

Which sent him to his doom.

Every one else urging caution had the right idea.

But there was no need to misdirect Oliver if Felicity wasn't going to notice the prison Van being emptied.

20. Alidar Jarok

I think it's yet to be revealed. In the comics, she had an affair with Robert Queen, though, so it might be related to that.