The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    True. Who knows what they're going to do. Either way it's going to cost someone $60-$100 for an original Jaina Solo on a cardback.

Mint or not.

2. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

WAIT!!!!

Why is everyone talking about the Enterprise A in this picture....THERE IS A ST:III PHASER THERE!. No one outside of the collectors market has ever made one of those.

MUST HAVE! I hope that there is an ST III Communicator and Tricorder in the future as well. :techman:

3. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Well that's disheartening. I can maybe understand Post-ROTJ stuff, but any other era shouldn't be a problem. At least the silver lining is that in the same announcement, they said there will be a de-emphasis on prequel characters with the Original Trilogy and Rebels taking the priority. I'm out of the 3 3/4" game anyways, and going exclusively to the 6" Black Series for the future anyways. These are the Star Wars figures I've always dreamed of. Now if I could just find a freaking Fett....oh sorry didn't mean to go on about that again.

4. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

You still don't have a Boba Fett? :cardie: We need to do something about that.

I just received an email telling me that my order of the third wave of the six-inch Black series has finally shipped... two months late. Entertainment Earth sells them in four piece case so they are including duplicate with this wave. I am crossing my fingers that they dump doing Han and go with another Stormtrooper. It won't happen but I can at least wish for it. They will be here on Tuesday.

5. cooleddie74

Finally found the new Mara Jade (at last!) and also picked up the brand new Mission Series 2-packs in the "Lava Vader" packaging. Now the only 3.75" Black Series figure I don't have is Darth Plagueis, but I think I have a lead on one. I might be able to get him for not much more than retail.

Other than that, the pegs and shelves were pretty dull and uneventful. Just a lot of the same-old, same-old.

6. OdoWanKenobi

Nope. By this point I'm almost convinced he doesn't actually exist, and Hasbro along with the entire collecting community have banded together to play a massive joke on me.

7. cooleddie74

He's out there, but he's just so in-demand and popular that it takes the dumbest luck and best timing to get one's hands on him (that, or connections). It doesn't help they're not carrying him forward into Wave 3 and have decided to ship more Hans instead, so the secondary market and scalpers are going to continue to commit highway robbery selling copies of him for ridiculous prices.

I hope it changes. I'd be happy for ya if you came in here one day and posted you'd finally found him. Shortpacking this figure and then not shipping him in the next wave assortment was just a bad decision and helps keep the scalpers happy, nobody else.

8. OdoWanKenobi

Well, Hasbro did say they were aware of the difficulty in finding him, and have considered a future case of two Fetts and two Stormtroopers. That would be fantastic!

9. cooleddie74

Hopefully it'll go beyond consideration and become official. I'd be so stoked! That new Stormtrooper is gonna be beyond popular, even moreso than the Sandtrooper.

10. OdoWanKenobi

The Sandtrooper was a little hard to find at first, but I've seen them warming pegs later. Stormtrooper may not be quite the same case, especially if Fett is any indication. Part of me is kinda happy that Wave 3 will only have three figures, and that I only want two of them.

11. cooleddie74

Let me guess: you're passing on the Episode III Obi-Wan.

You won't be the first or only one, I imagine.

12. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah, I think so. I grabbed Maul because I was all "OMG! 6" STAR WARS! I WILL HAVE THEM ALL!" but now that I've calmed down it's more like "Do I really want prequel figures? I'm long past the point where I've tried to convince myself that I liked those movies."

13. cooleddie74

Preview pics over at Jedi Temple Archives make him look pretty sweet and I'm still on the fence about getting him when he shows up in stores, but I can't deny that it's one of the better Ewan McGregor toys that's been made by Hasbro over the years. After the past two years or longer of one PT and Clone Wars Obi-Wan toy and collectible after another and so many of them turning into pegwarmers I'm mighty close to Obi-Wan'd out and bored.

Were he an Alec Guinness version of the character I'd be like a little kid waking up to find out school's been cancelled by snow.

14. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think I am going to get the Jedi Luke. That's always been my favourite version of the character, and he's supposed to come with a cloth robe so that's even more awesome!

15. cooleddie74

Hasbro confirmed we're getting a 6" Black Series version of Emperor Palpatine from Return of the Jedi complete with two different pair of hands, one regular and the other hurling Sith lightning. This is a very cool development because I'm one of the collectors who salivated at the thought of what an Emperor or Darth Sidious figure would look like in this scale and in this new line.

Between this and the upcoming Vader with the removable helmet it's a good time to be a fan. I just hope they get good distribution and are packed in more than just one case assortment each.

16. OdoWanKenobi

17. cooleddie74

Kick.

ASS.

:techman: :bolian: :cool:

Where'd you score him?

18. OdoWanKenobi

Barnes and Noble, while hunting for a Tyrion. I didn't even think to look for Black Series figures there. No Tyrion to be found, but I'm not complaining. My heart skipped a few beats when I saw Fett there.

19. cooleddie74

I usually forget that Barnes & Noble stores have a small toy section and rarely think to check them. Congrats, man, that's one sweet score to end the week on! I finally found a Mara Jade yesterday afternoon after what seems like ages of looking and avoiding inflated online scalper prices. Now the only Black Series 3.75" character I have to get is Plagueis and I'll be completely caught up in time for the new Dagobah Yoda wave whenever it hits stores.

20. OdoWanKenobi

Oh, and can I just say that this is easily my favorite of the Black Series so far. Better even than Han or the Sandtrooper, and I freaking loved those figures. This, this is just plastic perfection.