When Shanter dies someday do you think they will bury him in a wig?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Jayson, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Jayson

Jayson Vice Admiral Admiral

With all these famous deaths recently this thought just kind of popped into my head while I was doing my newspaper route. Hell that is where half of the wierd stuff I think about comes from. Go sit in a truck at night for a few hours everyday of your life and this is that type of stuff you will eventually find yourself thinking about.

Anyways, the thought it occured to me that the first time we might ever see Shatner without a wig on will be the internet after someone uses their picture-phone to take a pick at his funeral. Then I started thinking about how the invention of picture-phone might start a new morbid trend and that is pics of dead celebrities. I hope it doesn't happen but i guess that is another thread into itself.

Jason

2. teya

teya Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: When Shanter dies someday do you think they will bury him in a wig

He's Jewish. Closed casket. No pics.

3. Jayson

Someone at the funeral parlor could take a pic. Granted the person might be fired but I figure people nowdays know how to do that type of thing without getting caught.

Jason

4. LaBarre

LaBarre Commander Red Shirt

You've just provided an excellent example of the meaning of the word "tasteless".

I would hope that no matter how long I found myself in a truck at night that a) I would never think about this "type of stuff" and b) in the unlikely event that I did, that I would be wise enough not to consider it worthy of being shared with others

5. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

While it would be pointless for him to buried wearing a rug, if Bela Lugosi could be buried wearing his Dracula cape (equally pointless, but cute), I could see this happening too.

6. Jayson

Wierd thoughts isn't tasteless. Taking the picture would be tasteless. I would never take this kind of pic, even if I could make tons of money selling them on ebay or something. In fact I hate looking at people who are dead. I don't like those JFK pics that show him in the hospital after being shot and one of my biggest regrets was seeing my grandparents at the funeral home. I hate having those images in my brain.

Jason

7. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

His plugs - or whatever he has now -- appear to be stuck on pretty good.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  8. LaBarre

LaBarre Commander Red Shirt

And if - in defence of my weird thoughts - I was still in the truck thinking about JFK autopsy photos, I'd be seriously looking for alternative employment opportunities.

Because that truck seems to be giving you nothing but bad karma.

9. Cheapjack

Cheapjack Fleet Captain

It won't be for another twenty years yet, hopefully! He's very fit.

It's sewn onto his head, isn't it?

10. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

That's not funny.

I don't mean that jokes about people's death are always bad...but asking an old wig joke just didn't work. It's just not funny in the chicken that crossed the road way.

11. Jayson

It wasn't a joke. It was a just something that I thought about. Everyone knows that Shatner wears a wig. We all know he will die someday,since everyone dies someday. It just occured to me that his death combined with the wig and the fact that we now live in a culture where everything seems to end up on the internet is going to present a somewhat morbid and surreal possibility.

Jason

12. Jayson

Not really. If anything I feel like I have more perspective on life than I ever use to have. I have come to the understanding that our actions, speak more on our values than our thoughts do. All people have wierd and disturbing thoughts in their head. Mine sometimes force themselves out a little easier I think because of my OCd and my job that makes me feel somewhat isolated but that also means I have spent more time than even most people do thinking about my values and ethics. 11 years of having to deal with some really distrubing things poping in your head does make you take a look at yourself.

This topic might be somewhat morbid but that is just a emotional reaction to a topic of discussion. William Shatner isn't on the trekbbs to be offended so in the end, who does it really hurt? All I want is people to think about the situation and tell me their views on the subject. Do they think this scenario is possible and if so would they look at such a pic? Is there anything that can be done to stop it. Anything that they want to talk about is okay with me because it's just discussion.

Jason

13. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

We had our quarrels in the past, but for once I find myself in complete agreement with you.

14. Jayson

People might be uncomforable with the scenario but just imagine how the reactions will be when this stuff starts happening for real. I tell you that some really awkward stuff is heading our way in the future. People with technology and no-limits on what they see as acceptable behavior is going to be something that people will be talking about. Hopefully in the case of shatner it won't be something his loved ones have to deal with for another 30 years but the tech will just be even more advanced by then.

In fact I see this type of stuff as being the thing that eventually gives the government it's excuse to take control over the internet. They already want to control it and people will eventually give them just enough rope to move in and do it.

Jason

15. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

according to Shatner himself (on the Star Trek 4 commentary track) he will not be buried at all. It is his wish to be cremated and his ashes spread out the exhaust of a speeding car!

16. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

Apparently, that was his son's doing.

As for Shatner, I could honestly care less.

17. The Grim Ghost

The Grim Ghost Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I highly doubt he wears a wig, and he probably hasn't for a long long time.

When you have his kind of $$$ there are lots of high quality hair restoration options available.

18. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Commander Red Shirt

In fact I see this type of stuff as being the thing that eventually gives the government it's excuse to take control over the internet. They already want to control it and people will eventually give them just enough rope to move in and do it.

Okay, we have just crossed the border from Goofytown into Paranoid City.:wtf:

19. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Commander Red Shirt

By the way, who the hell is Shanter?