Spoilers Supergirl - Season 1

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Commander Richard, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Less than 10 years ago, the origin of Non was readdressed by Geoff Johns as he continued to be intimate with the Richard Donnor movies like a necrophile let loose in a morgue.

Non was a genteel poet scientist who was lobotomized by the Kryptonian Science Council because they believed that anyone with Non's dissident apolitical views was not allowed to have an IQ above 80.

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if they'll use Ursa too. They could even deviate a little to distinguish her from Faora.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I always wondered why they bothered to use Faora over Ursa in MOS. It's not like the character was given much to differentiate her from Ursa. In the movie they barely used her name anyway. Might as well saved the mental leap for the less informed audiences and given them a name that would be slightly more familiar.

4. Guy Gardener

Are all women identical and interchangeable to you?

That's a little sexist.

Faora was his wife, while Ursa was staff.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

And how do we know this from the movie?

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Have to admit, I'm kinda bummed they're not making Non a big, dumb brute like in the Donner movies. Not really sure what the point is in using the character if they're going to completely change what made him so memorable in the first place.

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Unless they're using Non to set up appearances by Zod later in the series. That was my first thought. It would seem weird to use a character who is usually a goon for somebody else without using the boss too.

8. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe they're not be able to use Zod so they're substituting non for Zod.

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That was my thought. The movie division might be keeping the option open to bring Zod back, so the sbow would have to avoid him.

10. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

That's what it sounds like to me. A lazy case of "pick the next recognizable name out of the hat" and then proceed to characterize it with no regard for the original.

11. davejames

Well Zod would probably overshadow the current main villain revealed in the pilot, so I can understand why they'd want to keep him out of the picture. Although I'd be very surprised if he doesn't eventually turn up at some point.

12. Guy Gardener

Fresh off the boat Zod, or Zod who has already gone 12 rounds with Kal-El?

This show is not the spun off from the movie, unless they feel like jamming a square peg into a round hole, so it could go either way.

13. crookeddy

crookeddy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

14. davejames

Hmm, saw one review where the critic hinted that they have made some changes to the pilot. So should be interesting to see what those are on Monday...

I just hope they didn't remove any of the moments I really liked (like the fact it takes her a couple tries to finally get airborne in the beginning, for instance).

15. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

CBS just released a bunch of 'sneak peek' clips, and there were definitely some dialogue additions and/or changes made between what's being aired and what was leaked several months ago, and, as someone who gave in and watched the leaked version of the Pilot, I think the changes and/or additions make things better.

16. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/22/tv-supergirl-joins-dc-universe-online

TV SUPERGIRL JOINS DC UNIVERSE ONLINE

Nice to see the show crossing into the game. :)

17. Guy Gardener

The Daily Show last night talked about this...

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdKi56p5ncU[/yt]

Made Jeb out to be a creeper for saying that a stunningly attractive woman was stunningly attractive. Silly Jeb.

18. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Geez a Loo! Who cares!?!? :lol:

ETA: The premise of that story, not your post Mr Guy. :bolian:

19. Guy Gardener

Jeb Bush just gave Supergirl unparalleled credibility and an extra billion dollars worth of free advertising, which should help emmensly with the ratings.

Meanwhile...

Who else in history has been called "The Woman who brought down the President"?

(There's been a few, I'm not singling anyone out, but it seems like a really cool club to belong to.)

Years ago the real Vice president in real life called a fictional character on a sitcom a bad role model for being an unwed mother (Candice Bergen on Murphy Brown) and a few weeks later on the show, a version of what Dan said was edited to be a personal attack on Murphy Brown in the Murphy Brown Universe, so that Murphy could "respond" very aggressively.

:)

Imagine an episode of Supergirl that has in it, the clip of Jeb calling her hot?

That's some serious 4th wall shit there. :D

It's not that he complimented her, it's how he complimented her.

So many wierd rules these days, but it's pretty clear that you shouldn't talk about a woman half your age sexually in front of dozens of news crews and not be expected to be called a pervert on the Daily Show.

20. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Faora was just his staff in this movie, no more or less than that.