My Trek Through Enterprise

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Spock/Uhura Fan, Aug 24, 2012.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: My Trek Through Enterprise: Season One

Fortunate Son... I dunno, Archer struck me as kind of insane in this episode. He sides against his own people because... they take a Nausican pirate prisoner? Because he doesn't want to provoke them? Yeah... good call. If you provoke them by taking one prisoner they might start attacking your cargo ships or something.

Cold Front... yay... yet another cliche time travel episode. It's so cliche in Enterprise, the "Temporal Cold War" becomes a major plot element in this. The intrigue about Daniels and Silik and not knowing which one to trust, if either is interesting. And doesn't really get resolved. Really though, Daniels is a crappy time agent with all the cyptic references to the future he casually makes to say nothing of his "Time Travel for Dummies" kit he just leaves lying around.

Silent Enemy... random ship attacking for no reason... random aliens we never see again. Okay yeah... the food subplot is more interesting. As for Phlox being unethical with digging into Reed's records... next episode...

Dear Doctor... yeah I get the pre Prime Directive Intent... but Phlox in this episode... what the heck?! He not only doesn't care about an entire race dying, but he actively insists upon it and cheerfully so. He cares more about smalltalk and romancing Cutler than he does the people on that planet. Small wonder he just casually let Hoshi see Reed's medical files last episode.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

God I love Cutler.

3. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Sleeping Dogs
    [​IMG]

Ah, do I like Klingons. :)

I loved it when Archer and Phlox ask if the crew was probably poisoned by one of the spoils of their pillaging and the Klingon woman says, “There was a raid!”

Grade: B
    ---------

Shadows of P’Jem
    [​IMG]

Aside from the Archer/T’Pol wriggling around in rope scene, this was a nice episode. It would have been better if the way T’Pol’s condition was presented wasn’t a deception.

Grade: B

4. Spock/Uhura Fan

Shuttlepod One
    [​IMG]

Mmmh. Aside from a couple of heartfelt moments, this one wasn’t the best. I’m going to stay away from the word “stinky” for a while after this one. :-/

Grade: D plus

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

:eek:

6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I remember that one as being pretty terrible too. A nuanced character drama by writers who can barely write straight-up action stories.

7. teacake

It's one of the most popular and loved eps.

That said, it never made my top ten. But I think it has many charms. If you are drooling over Trip and Reed this is pretty much a showcase.

[​IMG]

Drunk, unshaven, babbling men. What's not to like?

8. Spock/Uhura Fan

I think it's the worst one I've seen so far.

Oh, I don't know. For starters, I'd say drunken, unshaven, babbling men. :D

9. teacake

And we don't even get a confession of love like we did with Miles and Julian!

Really disappointed about that.

10. Spock/Uhura Fan

^ Lol. Yeah, but at least the episode wasn't built around that. And they'd been friends for a while so the camaraderie felt real.

11. Spock/Uhura Fan

Fusion
    [​IMG]

The jolly-happy Vulcans arrive in this episode. T’Pol’s sensibilities are challenged. And in the background, something’s happening with some nebula. It’s unfortunate that T'Pol ended up being right about at least one of their guests.

Grade: B plus
    --------------

Rogue Planet
    [​IMG]

This story was alright. Nothing original, but nothing bad.

Grade: C

12. teacake

Just once I would like the alien appropriating the appearance of your secret desire to actually surprise us.

S/UF your avatar looks like you surprised Quinto with your phone and took a snap in the street :lol:

13. R. Star

Fusion... oh yes, they finally find some Vulcans who aren't condescending jerks. Naturally something is amiss. ;)

14. Spock/Uhura Fan

No secrets here. I like what I like, and I don't like what I don't like. I'm not sure what you mean by the desire part, though. :confused:

And the picture was from photos Zachary took with a young co-star in the upcoming Star Trek movie: (http://www.trektoday.com/content/2012/06/new-trek-2-photos/)

If I saw him on the street, I wouldn't just take a picture like a paparazzi jumping out of a bush. I'd ask, and if he said yes, then I'd be in it too. ;)

I thought they were great, save for the one that practically mind raped T'Pol. :cardie:

15. teacake

It was an accident that the word 'surprise' was in my two sentences, the sentences were not connected at all. They didn't even have subtext between them.

By desire I meant Archer sees this beautiful woman he had imagined in his childhood because that is what the alien finds in his mind, something good or desirable to appear as. This just gets a little too salt monstery after a while.. I would like something a little kinkier or surprising to be what an alien fishes from Our Heroes minds.

And Zachary is adorable, I vastly prefer him over Pine. Which is funny because in my TOS days it was the other way around. I think I may have to revive the Pine/Quinto thread in the ST:XI forum.....! I am sure you have some pictures to contribute :D

EDIT: REVIVED. Hope you will go visit the gushing thread in ST:XI S/UF, I posted you a present :adore:

16. Spock/Uhura Fan

^ Thanks for the clarification. :) I'll go check your thread.

-----

Acquisition
    [​IMG]

The Ferengi arrive. Aaand, that’s about all I have to say.

Grade: D
    --------------

Oasis
    [​IMG]

This was okay. I liked some of the concepts introduced, and it was nice to see Rene Auberjonois. :)

Grade: C plus

17. R. Star

You're kinder than me about Aquisition... "Hey let's do a Ferengi episode." "But they weren't introduced to the Federation until TNG time." "Who cares about details, it'll be cool!"

And that sums up a lot of Enterprise at times. Of course it is perfectly concievable Archer just didn't keep records of random aliens who attacked his ship that Data couldn't have looked up a 100 years later. But then people get mad at me for saying he would be that incompitent. :p

Oasis... wasn't terribly inspiring, but nothing too bad about it either. I could poke fun at how ineffective future weapons are. Reed gets shot in this episode with no ill effect. This happens quite often in Trek, but this is countered by seeing Rene Auberjonois on screen again, which is always good. :)

18. Spock/Uhura Fan

Well, to be fair, I knew there were going to be issues on this front when I saw the TNG-era Klingons in the first episode, so...

I agree, sir. :)

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

People keep making this complaint, but, it's not legitimate IMHO. They never found out this race who pirated the ship were called The Ferengi, and when T'Pol (Or whichever Vulcan it was) mentioned a race called The Ferengi earlier in the Series, they never saw what one looked like.

So, the record of the event would only describe the race that took over the ship, it wouldn't name them, so, using a search term "Earliest Ferengi encounter" wouldn't turn up this event, until 100+ years later when the Federation met the Ferengi, and then it would only do so, if somebody made a connection and went back and edited the record to mention they found out this race was called The Ferengi.

20. R. Star

No but Archer could have drawn up a profile of this race, complete with visual records for future captains to have at hand. It seems relevant information to give to other Starfleet vessels that hey "the short guys with buttshaped foreheads and big ears" are potentially hostile and draw up their profit motive driven behavior and the such.

So either the writers/producers just didn't care(I lean this way myself, Braga is stated not to care about continuity) or Archer and/or Starfleet just screwed up by not keeping something so basic as records of hostile species up to date and avialable... it would seem pertinent information for deep space explorers.